View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 04:35 PM
alt.er
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's really such a great discussion and I hope that Dan and Sarah find their way over here.
I'm here.

Quote:
Really??? Where did you read that? I really don't see it that way, I think that Samar really is the only one having some objectivity left. And I'm sure that'll be of a great help when the right time will come.
The usual places like Instagram and Twitter . I should have known better than go there looking at comments.

I agree about her being the only one who is objective. While I love Ressler's brave declaration(I'm a Keenler shipper, after all) of Liz's innocence, she really isn't innocent. She killed Connelly and almost killed that cop. So I can totally understand Samar's POV.

Quote:
Because the writers want the men to be devoted to her.
Samar is not one of them. Perhaps that men always save the world,women can''t help women is rooted in their sexist minds.
This. Because Liz is a delicate flower who needs to saved by all of the men in her life. And with Ressler finally admitting where he stands, all the men on the show are trying to save Liz. And the only one who is standing her ground is Samar, the only other female lead. As much as I love this show, it frustrates me like no other.

Quote:
And Sarah, no worries for blocking all of it out. I don't blame you because I would really love to have blocked it as well

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, my favorite character of the show always was and will be Red. But it wouldn't be bad to see him screwing up and losing at some point either... Nobody is perfect and he has his flaws as well. So why not once give the task force the power and the knowledge to outsmart Red? One time wouldn't make the viewers believe less in him.
Guys, maybe the writers are finally listening to us.
In this episode, Red was wrong. He was on the backfoot almost all of it and I loved him for it. It is much easier to understand and root for a guy who can be vulnerable and wrong at times. Red was human in 3x05 and love him all the more for it.

He was wrong about Vargas and if not for Dembe, he and Liz would have been dead. And he was wrong about Ressler. He called him a robot in 3x03 and now had to go to him for help.

But, yeah, I would love just one time for the taskforce trio to outsmart him.

Last edited by alt.er; 10-31-2015 at 04:47 PM