Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool, Aga! I want to get CPR/First Aid certified soon. It'll be useful for my job.

This is the first year we haven't had any snow. Or well, I think one or two days we had some snow but not enough to stick. In past years, we've had more but nothing like it is up north. Our "snow" is mostly ice or slush. One year, we didn't go to school for almost 2 weeks due to the snow storm. For us it was like snow apocalypse. Places where it snows a lot would be laughing at us, but Texas doesn't know how to handle snow. Our cars are not built to withstand those conditions. I used to live in Montana so I know real snow storms/blizzards.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chicago the musical sounds like a boring movie Cece. So a good one to take a nap.

I wish we had Texas winters here. I have a love-hate relationship with snow. I love how snow look. Everything nice and clean white and when I don't have to go out I love it but not if I have to drive through it. It can get very dangerous. Luckily we didn't have to much snow this past winter. I live in the south so mostly we are luckily but up north the schools and such had been closed for a week this past winter cause it was freezing so much that you could ice skate over the road, the freeway everything. It was so dangerous. Luckily I didn't live there. I would have barricaded myself in my house and I wouldn't have come out.

110 degrees and no AC Aga? Thank god for fans! But I hear that a lot of people get sore throats and colds from AC. It's really great that you went to a first aid class. It's always good to know what to do in situations where something happens.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love snow, i miss a lot skiing, ice skating, sledging, i am so jealous of my brother in winter time he goes almost every weekend on the ski slope. . In England we don't have winter, for me is autumn for 6 months until spring , and no snow where i live.
In our Nursery everybody need to have First Aid certificate, we have few children, which have fits, lots of choking (food), and bruises and bumps, specially the age group which i am working with. To be fair most of the things what we done at the course i know it already. Next week we will have test and practise assessment.
Cece it will be very useful for your job, will they send you for the course or will you have to do it by yourself?.
Miranda it is good, but i am hoping that i don't have to use it ever, specially the CPR.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah let's hope you will never have to use it Aga but it's good to have it in case of emergencies.

Can you ski Aga? Can you also snowboard? I can't do either. I can't even ice skate. I think if I would try I would break both my legs.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes i can ski, but for long time i haven't use ski, but i never try snowboard. Miranda did you ever use roller skates?, ice skating is similar.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone - it's Mothers Day!!!

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Sue which part of world is celebrating today mother's day?, in England mother's day was in march, in Poland is 26th of may, it's remind me I need to send card to my mum next weekend I bought her the biggest one which i could find, is the size of 21" TV screen
Old 05-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In a lot of countries it's mother's day today. In The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Australia and many more.

So happy mother's day to all the sweet moms out there! These days I miss my mom a little more than on normal days.

Yes I have tried roller skating Aga but I can't keep my balance and I keep falling.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Awwe Miranda. Yes, it is Mother's Day in the US as well! This was the first Mother's Day I used my own money to get my mom something so she felt extra honored (since I just got a full-time job in January). In Chinese culture, parents want us to focus on only school and not worry about getting odd jobs here and there for a little spending money. Education always comes first. In the past on Mother's Day, we've just gone out to eat and I do more chores around the house. I treated the family to a meal [at a restaurant] also this year! I don't cook. Yet. Happy Mother's Day to those who did celebrate.

I love roller skating!!
Old 05-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I'm back, I submitted my final exam. It was 90 multiple choice/true/false questions and 1 essay question.

Donna
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Miranda if you have problem with balance it will be little difficult not to brake the legs . When I was in primary school for sport lessons we had roller skating and I love it.
Donna when will you know the results?
I am off to do aikido
Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Hopefully by this weekend.

Donna
Old 05-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw that is so sweet Cece! I am sure your mom loved it.

Welcome back Donna!! I missed you! I really hope you final exam went well and you will have good results.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey everybody I'm back!

So how is everybody holding up?

Cece, so great what you did for your mom on Mother's Day. And I love to hear so much about Chinese culture Tell us more about it. Please. Anything you want.

Donna, great to have you back! Yeah, when will you get the results?

Aga, I'm going to go skating next Wednesday I so can't wait. We'll go with some of my colleagues, but just when the weather is fine... Hopefully I won't break anything
Old 05-10-2016, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I came to America when I was 5, so don't know a whole lot about our culture. Since growing up here, I have been super fond of American culture and have become so "Americanized" where I prefer a burger over rice. Dr. Pepper is also a staple in my life. My parents and sister, on the other hand, remain very Chinese.