Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am sorry you won't get to see your friend Aga but I hope you have fun at the movie and enjoy it.

Your job sounds like so much fun Cece and of course one of the perks is all the days off that must be great.

You can get back to work on Monday Kris?! That is so awesome! I am so happy for you. You must have been really bored being home for so long now. It's good it's only 3 days then you can start slowly. And I am so glad you are feeling okay again.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, I am! I'm beyond happy myself and my doc appointments yesterday both went fine and my blood work is almost okay again. I now can relatively fast reduce the cortisone again. I'm so relieved because right now I eat for five, it's unbelievable. The cortisone kind of deactivates your feeling of satiety. You can eat and eat and eat and eat and you'll still be hungry.

The three weeks really were getting on my nerves but I somehow realized that I needed it, too. I was so exhausted, it was unbelievable and therewith came the infection and so I was even more exhausted. It's as if my body wanted to tell me that it's time for a break.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good that your body gives a signal when is be enough. If it wouldn't people would just go on and it could be way worse.

That must suck you are so hungry because of the medicine. Let's hope that will be back to normal soon.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I teach 3, 4, and 5 year old students in an elementary school, so I guess that is primary school for you? My students are in a developmental program, receiving Special Education services. All my students have Autism and Speech Impairment. Many students in my morning class are nonverbal and I have a few in my afternoon class who are nonverbal as well. We use a lot of visuals in the classroom, repetition, and hand-over-hand to help communicate with all students. I am pretty tired by the end of the day, but it is so rewarding! However, in Special Education, there is a lot of paperwork to complete. Too much. Teaching is the fun part!! I have one particular student who likes to run away and she is also a biter. She is sneaky. We open the door to bring a student to the nurse, and she quickly follows and goes another way. During our bathroom time, she decides to run off to the kindergarten classroom. When we are outside on the playground, she runs off to the grassy area towards the bigger playground. We have to keep an eye on her at all times. I say "we" because I have help in the classroom. My paraprofessional/aide is awesome!
Old 04-30-2016, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it really is good that the body at some point simply crashes to show you that it's been enough. Although it would be way better if it wouldn't have to come that far...

And yes, the hunger, it's killing me... This will be sooo horrible again when I'm back at work I have no clue how I shall survive the morning without something to eat...

We'll do a small bike tour when I'm done posting Can't wait because the weather is fantastic and after three weeks doing almost nothing this is what I so look forward to.

Cece, I didn't know you were in special education! How cool is that. And it's not primary for us, it would be pre-school here.
And you know what? I actually have a clue how teaching in special education works with the aide always being there, too and so on because I used to work in the administration of such a school for special education here It's been years ago but it was a beautiful job, really.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I sent my professor a rough draft of my last assignment, she told me that she will get back to me sometime today. Nervous.

Donna
Old 04-30-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Donna! I hope you get a positive reaction from your professor. Crossing my fingers for you.

I hope your bike ride was fun Kris.

Cece that is so amazing your work with students with special needs. I am sure it is very rewarding and it is extremely important that people like you exist and that you dedicate your time and effort to help these precious little kids. My nephew has a light form of Autism and I know how important special education is for those kids. So all kudos go to you for doing the work you do. I can imagine you being tired after a day of work. It's good that you are not alone to watch and teach the kids. Have you been teaching for long time?
Old 05-01-2016, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Donna, I'm crossing fingers for you!

The bike ride was so much fun. We drove about 10.5 km and it was nice... The next one definitely will be a larger one Way to go I'd say. And it somehow reminded me of Aga

I'll be back in a few minutes for a few minutes again before I leave for the garden and some reading
Old 05-01-2016, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Thanks so much.

Donna
Old 05-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

You'll let us know as soon as you hear from her, right?
Old 05-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a relaxing day today. I worked on some OP's and I binge watched 4 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. I hope everybody had a great Sunday. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda, why didn't you want to go back to work today? I'm not used to you saying something like that. Everything alright?

My first day at work was great. I missed it, really. The people, the work, everything... I'm happy. Besides it's just a three day week for me because of the holiday on Thursday and the township being closed on the Friday afterwards every single year.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries, everything is alright. I just didn't feel like go to work today. I hate that I have to drive so far to get there.

We have a holiday on Thursday too Kris and I am off on Friday so it's only a three day week for me too. I am just realizing!

I am glad you got back to work again Kris. I am sure you needed it.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't been teaching very long. I graduated last December and got a job in January (mid-school year) so this is my 5th month as a certified teacher. I have done jobs here and there working and volunteering with kids but I'm a first-year teacher. My principal often tells me that she forgets I'm new since I have jumped right in and have done so well. I am very dedicated in ensuring I do the best work. That's just my personality! She told me during the interview that my references describe me as an overachiever and any employer would be lucky to hire me. I talk a lot. To everyone. Maybe that's not a surprise. I was also involved in a lot of school organizations, became officers of some of them. I was a straight A student, which also helped. One professor even asked me to work for her, while I was in college, and I accepted! College was so fun. I am like you, Kris. I love school.

Yes, Miranda. Especially kids with Autism need the structure and routine/consistency in their daily lives. I am going to get my master's degree in Autism Intervention.

I've had a busy day and have a headache currently so going off to bed soon. One big accomplish is that I have set up dates and times for my 6 remaining ARD meetings with the staff required to be there. Last day of school is June 2nd, so needed to get them all in this month! This time of year my principal is super busy, but we have an ARD facilitator who can act as the administrator. So will be contacting more parents to get it set up with them tomorrow. I won't be able to post a round on the board today.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Miranda How long do you have to drive to work? It sucks when you have to go so far to get there... It means less time of your free time and I know you in general don't like driving.

for the three day week for you as well!

Cece, awesome. This sounds great and I think we would have gotten along really well in school. Or we would have been competition to each other

And I'm still fascinated on how awesome you are in your job and how good you are in being with disabled people. It's sooo awesome. I wish I had that talent. I kind of don't have that, I always don't know how to act because I don't want to hurt them somehow. I know you are supposed to treat them like everybody else but it's somehow hard for me. I can't describe it.
Sascha, my boyfriend, he is so super talented with them as well, he even is working voluntarily for an organization that drives disabled people/kids to work, school or wherever the need to go. He loves it so much.