Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2015, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wouldn't it be great if James alone was able to held the audience? It would be so great but still not good if the storyline really sucks.

I somehow agree with you, Dan, the people that'll watch the 3rd season will be the hardcore fans, those really invested in the show.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

big star effect is temporary.I don't watch a show for a certain actor.If the storyline sucks ,I would drop it even my favourite actors are on board.
The media has been priclaiming James carries the show,the reason that the show is a hit and popular because of James. It sound like a good compliment, but implies the SL and the cast are just mediocre on the other hand.There are a lot of shows have a great ensemble even the leads.are big stars. such as House of cards.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're right about that. I don't watch a show for an actor either... I might check out one for him but not continue if I don't like at least something about it. I really hope that this season will be a lot better than last season. They need to see it themselves, don't they?
Old 08-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

NBC is not blind right? The must see that the ratings decreased and I am sure they know what the reasons for that are.

I agree with both of you that I don't watch a show for a certain actor. I watch it because of the plot and SL's but even when a show disapoints me I don't stop watching it. I get so invested in a show that I just can't stop watching cause I keep hoping that it will get better.

James is one the big stars yes but the rest of the cast is really awesome as well. It just so happens that James is the most known actor out of the bunch.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I somehow doubt they really see it or want to see it... It's always the same with their shows. Look at Revolution for example. Man, the first season was stunning! And the second, damn it, I haven't seen such a crap in ages! It was canceled of course

I think the difference between James and the rest is his experience and him really being so invested into the show that he's able to develop his character along with the writers/producers... The others don't do that, they take what they get and that's somehow what the show is lacking. I for example wish that they would have listened to Megan about the Tom stuff...
Old 09-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Time to revive this thread...

Here you go, the reason, why syndication isn't that easy done for TBL (there sadly isn't a source quoted there, just Zap2It):

Source

Ratings predictions for the premiere... Oh damn, that's worse than ours:

Source
Old 09-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

TBL is in sure bet, it still one of their high rated shows.I believe it will get S4, even it's produced by Sony.Unless the ratings decline fast,lose a whole point.I doubt it would happen.Don't forget Netflix had made syndication deal.
NBC renewed a very low rated summer show,the demo is 0.3

But the spoiler tv article points out what the problems they are facing. The premiere is supposed to be above 1.3 I guess.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I definitely think we will get a fourth season

but they really need to move TBL to another night
Old 09-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dan, I love that you're so optimistic about it I really hope that NBC won't ruin the show completely by their advertisement and their timeslot choices... And really, a 0.3? That's not possible with this show, is it?

Oh yes, I was such a fan of the spoilertv article! It really pointed out everything that went wrong! The storyline problems, the timeslot problems, really everything... It's great that those people see it and I really hope that NBC/TPTB read such articles.

And great for you to be optimistic about the premiere ratings, too. I'm still holding on to my 1.7 guess
Old 09-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with Dan. I am pretty positive we will get a S4. This show is still one of the highest rated shows for NBC and I can't see them totally ruining the show in S3.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

You know, I tend to forget that it's still one of the highest rated shows of the network... Man, I'm so nervous about this season premiere, it's unbelievable. Maybe because I can't imagine us only getting this more season and be done now.

I maybe still am suffering the trauma from last season regarding the ratings
Old 09-28-2015, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Because NBC is a mess, they don't really have hit shows right now.The comedies basically flop in the past years. SVU is literally flagship drama.17 years still get 1.9 ratings. Some people suggest they move it to Thur. 10 pm slot being compatible with TBL.

If they cancel TBL ,what else could they air? The Chicago franchise are not big hits. Blindspot kicks off well,but needs time to stand on their own.

S4 is a sure thing,but S5 is toss-up. That really depends on how the following seasons perform.

It's not an easy season for TBL.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They would be stupid to cancel TBL. I don't get why they don't promote their shows better. If they would promote better the ratings could be through the roof.

I think Blindspot is gonna do well. It airs on Monday on the old timeslot of TBL I believe.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really wondering what the networks problem is... Are they really lacking a professional promotion department or a professional executive suite?

I'm still happy you're still that positive about a 4th season. I really hope you'll be right I think TBL might as well be a really expensive show. Not sure if they'll include that fact into their decision also.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm really wondering what the networks problem is... Are they really lacking a professional promotion department or a professional executive suite?

I'm still happy you're still that positive about a 4th season. I really hope you'll be right I think TBL might as well be a really expensive show. Not sure if they'll include that fact into their decision also.
When a show reaches the third season,they generally don't get as same as promotion as before,that happens to most networks. Besides, they have to promo new shows.
What make us think lack of promo is comparing it with the second season. They indeed has much less buzz this year.I think it has something to do with the ratings drop of 2nd half of S2.The coveted post super bowl promo didn't boost up the ratings for the new Thursday time slot , yet sinked to series low afterwards. NBC and tptb might be disappointed.
I personally think the post SB episode 2.09 was quite bad