Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

It won't be perfectly alligned then and that's why I'll leave it just that way. For all the questions and answers it's necessary to be so perfectly alligned and it looks good. It's nothing that's bothering me too much tbh and I wouldn't want to go back to what it was before because I added the list-tag in there since it was difficult to somehow overview everything.

We could maybe ask at the server/technical question thread But it's possible that somebody has before and I think I recall them answering that it's not possible to change the font while using this tag.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I found some interesting and reasonable theories about Tom,the Cabal,Berlin egnimas in a local forum.Sorry,it's not in English.So I sum it up.

The OP thinks Tom is a spy from the Cabal who helped Berlin to eliminate Red
It explains a lot of leads about Tom in S1.
1. Apple man's surveillance.I believe he's also from the Cabal.He def. saw Tom's unusual and shady activities at home:the underground for the box with money and passports;he hid a key in the lamp. Why the people behind Apple man did nothing or got Tom in trouble? The only explanation is that Tom is one of them.
2. 106 Gina episode. The Angel station case ,the authority just dropped the investigation.The report clearly indicates the suspect is a white man.Tom's in that footage pic.No one dig up the case.And the forged passports, FBI get nothing about they've been used before.Why? Either they're never used (I don't think so)or someone erased the border records,airport footages to cover up Tom's true identity and frame Red.

Who is capable of doing all of these must be powerful government authority or intelligence agency.That means the Cabal.
If Tom is only an average spy nourished by the Major,do you think he's able to do all the stuff? And I don't think Berlin can do it either according to the way he's portrayed in S2.He might be a puppet of the cabal who's a tool to eliminate Red as well.

When Red reappeared in 1994 and expanded his criminal empire, Berlin was in prison.But he could destroyed Red business, assassinated his associates, came after his allies without a trace. He never heard of Berlin ,is it odd for a concierge of crime whose core business is infromation?
All of these leads suggest “Berlin” doesn’t exist. It’s not a person or a place but an operation of the Cabal whose target was Red

As Red’s underground empire was growing bigger and has become a severe threat to the Cabal. Moreover, he had the fulcrum. They used Milos Kirchhoff ,aka Berlin to get rid of the threat.
It did work. Red’s empire began crumbling. Eventually,he had to turned to FBI for finding out who had been going after him.

Tom is a spy groomed by the Cabal to carry out a task named Berlin.And Milos Kirchhoff was a puppet of the operation.When Tom received orders from the Cabal, he provided MK with information about Red.
So it explains the Apple mans’ surveillance, the forged passports, the unsolved Angel station case. It’s impossible that a former Colonel of the USSR can do them by himself.

The Cabal consists of politicians,businessmen,bigwigs.Red was a fulcrum to Fitch, exploited to balance the factions inside the Cabal. “Berlin” was a secretive weapon targeted Red,that’s why Red hadn’t gone hold of “Berlin”.The OP guessed Berlin was activated in 2007.MK was merely out of prison for 5 years. Red has built up his criminal career since 1994.Who's stronger? Berlin definitely had allies.

The prison break in 1.21 was involved with multi American intelligence agencies.Fitch knew nothing about this plane hijacking. Remember the limo at the airport with a bottle of champagne and a note “Welcome to America”? It made sense if it’s from the Cabal.

However, the majority became radicalized who wanted to get rid of Fitch, a moderate minority. So they unleashed MK. When he confronted Red,knew the truth of his daughter, Fitch was done. Fitch’s death triggered a series of events.Red and the fulcrum were the next.

Back to Tom, in ep.2.08 the phone call he made, it didn’t look like he talked to his boss.MK didn’t mention it's him kidnapping Fitch.If he had Fitch, he would kill him at first instead of putting a bomb on his head.

The OP thought the role of Tom was coherent from 101 to 208.But she’s disappointed with the second half of the season 2,the writers dump the builtd-up from season one.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for all the theories Dan! I will read them thoroughly when I get back next week.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree on the Apple man being from the Cabal We know that they somehow were connected to Fitch and he was a member of the Cabal...

Somehow the passports really will for always remain a mystery to me I think... It's all really strange.

But if Tom is a puppet to eliminate Red, why didn't he do so right when Red was being shot in 2x18? Out of fear that he might be killed in doing so? Or did he change, did he somehow spare Red's life because of his feelings for Liz? Is that why the Major is so pissed, does the Major know, how far is he involved?

1994 Berlin was in prison? Man, I have to keep track on the timeline... When did they say that? Which episode helped you to make that connection?

Red said that Berlin was meddling in his business long before 2010, do you think that long before would mean 2007? I doubt that... I somehow don't agree with this one. That person thinks that the Cabal was meddling at the beginning and then the operation Berlin was started? Hm... I don't know.

I recall that limo though We never got an answer what that was and who it came from...

I don't agree with the part surrounding Fitch tbh. I don't see a reason why... Because they wanted to get rid of Red finally, and fast and they knew that Fitch would protect and defend Red?

Thanks for bringing it over here as well. I think we talked about it before, didn't we? Part of it at least.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)

But if Tom is a puppet to eliminate Red, why didn't he do so right when Red was being shot in 2x18? Out of fear that he might be killed in doing so? Or did he change, did he somehow spare Red's life because of his feelings for Liz? Is that why the Major is so pissed, does the Major know, how far is he involved?

1994 Berlin was in prison? Man, I have to keep track on the timeline... When did they say that? Which episode helped you to make that connection?

Red said that Berlin was meddling in his business long before 2010, do you think that long before would mean 2007? I doubt that... I somehow don't agree with this one. That person thinks that the Cabal was meddling at the beginning and then the operation Berlin was started? Hm... I don't know.
I just re-post the theory from Tom/Ryan thread.
The OP just stopped analysing after 2.12,she thinks the writers dropped a lot of build-up and leads in the 2nd half ,exp. Tom's position on the show.So he became a different person and didin't kill off Red.It's sloppy writing he's hired by Red and betrayed him afterwards.

I remember Berlin told the story why he ended up in jail in 2.08.You can check it out. 2007 is just the op's speculation,not very accurate.

Quote:
I don't agree with the part surrounding Fitch tbh. I don't see a reason why... Because they wanted to get rid of Red finally, and fast and they knew that Fitch would protect and defend Red?
About Fitch,I just agree part of it,exp. the plane hijacking.It indeed was strange he didn't know anything about it as a leader of intelligence official.
The OP guessed Fitch's one of the leaders of ODNI( Office of the Director of National Intelligence)

His relationship with Red was complicated, up and down.They were at bad terms at that time. Because Red stole classified information (the fulcrum),which irritated The Cabal. However, he's sort of a protector to Red.He claimed Red had a bunch of classified files about the members of The Cabal.Once he's on the line, the information would be exposed.This is the reason that others can't lay hands on Red in a long time
That made Fitch be a thorn in radical majority's side.So he's the first one to be eliminated.

Last edited by sunshinedan; 08-03-2015 at 09:55 PM
Old 08-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

thanks for sharing your theories Dan
Old 08-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if we ever will find out everything there is to find out or if some questions will always remain unanswered.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Dan... I get why she stopped analyzing all of it. Because especially Tom's role didn't make sense anymore. At least not in the bigger picture she came up with

I'm always reminded of that quote of Red's:
"It's all just pieces of a much larger puzzle, and until all the pieces are laying in front of you, it won't go together"

He wouldn't say something like that if it wouldn't be true, right? And I somehow have the feeling that this was a message to the viewers as well and maybe somehow at some point it all might made sense Or they really ruined it so it's not able to repair...

I agree about the hijacking when it comes to Fitch, too And yeah, I as well assume that he is one of the members of the ODNI, especially in his position. He even was the Assistant Director of National Intelligence!

I wish we'd know a lot more about his relationship with Red... Especially how they knew each other. We really know nothing.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
I wonder if we ever will find out everything there is to find out or if some questions will always remain unanswered.
The latter is very possible.Some of these questions we might not really know the answers cause they may drop them or open for the audience.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I think there's a good possibility that some questions may never be answered. But we may have enough answers to piece things together.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
I'm always reminded of that quote of Red's:
"It's all just pieces of a much larger puzzle, and until all the pieces are laying in front of you, it won't go together"

He wouldn't say something like that if it wouldn't be true, right? And I somehow have the feeling that this was a message to the viewers as well and maybe somehow at some point it all might made sense Or they really ruined it so it's not able to repair...
This sums up everything for me. He couldn't be more right and I do believe that everything is connected somehow.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
The latter is very possible.Some of these questions we might not really know the answers cause they may drop them or open for the audience.
I totally agree with you about it, Dan Sadly... Isn't that the case with a lot of shows sadly? Either because they are canceled after the final episode is shot or they just aren't able to give all the answers.

Amy, that's the least we can get. I would be sooo pissed when in the end I wouldn't be able to see the bigger picture and to piece everything together... I would be wondering what I have been watching for.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I feel the same way Kris = they better at least answer all of our major questions. Otherwise John B. will be in big in trouble with the fans.
Old 08-08-2015, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be really bad, especially for those who stuck around the whole time. But I somehow still trust Jon B. a little bit... And most of all I trust James.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope and think that in the end it will all work out well and we get the answers we need and deserve.