Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

I think I remember that those 30 days expired when Callie had to go to that lady's house for a night and Stef had to go ask the judge for more time?
I don't remember it too well though, too much has happened since then

Toby Regbo
Old 08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

But that was the first time right? Their license expired when the social worker came. Stef and Lena just thought she'd be adopted and then other stuff happened and they forgot to file the papers.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah...the social worker came and Callie was taken away because they forgot to fill out the paperwork because they thought the adoption was going to happen. That's what got me thinking. They got really busy again with things and are in contact with Robert just waiting on the paperwork. I wondered if maybe they decided that Robert would come through within those 30 days and didn't make it a priority.

Of course this is just something I remembered that they never talked about again. And I do know it's a whole process to get a license with interviews and home visits. And because it lapsed I would think the government would make them start fresh instead of just the normal renewal process. But I don't know. It wasn't clear.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Maybe it happened off screen? I think more than 30 days passed since what happened in 2x01 so maybe they didn't want to show us that again? I don't know

Toby Regbo
Old 08-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
Maybe it happened off screen? I think more than 30 days passed since what happened in 2x01 so maybe they didn't want to show us that again? I don't know
Or not...I mean, we're supposed to believe that only 6 months have passed since the first episode. I really can't figure out the show's timeline. LOL.

I guess we'll find out if it was important and something we should have paid attention to or not in a few episodes.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

It could be I can't figure out the timeline either I think more time has passed mostly because of how far along Lena was but other than that I have no idea.

I agree, we'll find out soon

Toby Regbo
Old 08-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Or Robert will just sign the papers and Callie will be Stef and Lena's
Old 08-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisykd (View Post)
Or Robert will just sign the papers and Callie will be Stef and Lena's
I'm slightly concerned on this one. Sophia is adorable,but she was a wee bit strange on the boat. She wants Callie to live with them and wants to emulate her to the point where she acts like she hates her life. If she actually loves her sister,she won't want her to pick.

I don't want this s/l to end with her leaving behind her family completely,because that's too cliche for words.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm on the side of the Quinns actually (not a popular opinion)...but I think it'll make for a more compelling story. It can show how complicated the foster system is. I know the major issue a lot of people face within the foster system is the fact that sometimes, parents can just take their kids back. So it is a realistic possibility. Plus, then you'll get a lot of adjustment on the part of all the kids. And we'll see a lot of conflict (the good kind hopefully).

And yes, Sophie is totally a wee bit strange! There is something there I swear! LOL.

I can't wait for tomorrow's episode...hopefully the plot will move along a little more than in this last episode.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I don't want Callie to have to leave Jude though.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This is why I'm mad-It makes Sophia a horrible person. Her parents were so nice to Jude, even if Robert's wife is really hesitant about Callie. I really doubt she'd be okay with this and she'd want the Fosters to have Callie.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, she won't be moving to another state...so it's not like she'll be far. Heck, she'd be farther in 2 years when she went off to college. Just because they don't live in the same house doesn't mean they won't be as close. They didn't live together when she was in Juvie or Girls United.

And I can't bring myself to really fault Sophia for wanting to know her sister. Or wanting to emulate her (no matter how weird Sophia comes across). This is pretty normal behavior for younger sisters...I wanted to be just like my sister so bad that I used to eat things I hated to be like her (she would take pity on me and eat them off my plate of course). So it doesn't surprise me that Sophia wants to be like her more "awesome" and worldly older sister.

Last edited by Kassiek; 08-10-2014 at 09:33 PM Reason: I shouldn't type without my glasses.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

I want Callie to be adopted too but I don't think Sophia's wish that she could stay with them is weird It's normal that she wants her sister with her, at least in my opinion.

Toby Regbo
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
I want Callie to be adopted too but I don't think Sophia's wish that she could stay with them is weird It's normal that she wants her sister with her, at least in my opinion.
What bugs me is that she knows that Jude is a mandatory part of the package. She knows that technically, they could have Callie live with them. It's almost as if their day didn't include Jude.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
What bugs me is that she knows that Jude is a mandatory part of the package. She knows that technically, they could have Callie live with them. It's almost as if their day didn't include Jude.
Huh...I didn't take it that way. Sophia tied knots with Jude and did spend time with him. So I think she realizes that he's part of the package. But in her head she's going...I don't get to live with her and she's my sister too. They are both half-siblings of Callie, so it's easy to say 'it's not fair he's spent years with her and now I should get to too.' If Sophia bugs you, Jude should also with his "I don't want to share you Callie" and at first making unreasonable demands of her. She has every right and should get to know all her family. But of course, Jude has always done this a bit in my mind...and that's because he's younger and will always care about himself a little more than his sister's needs. She takes care of only him in his little mind and he is expanding from that but slowly. We can't get mad at Sophia for doing the same exact thing without saying that Jude's been in the wrong a whole bunch too...that's just double standards.

PS I think that if Jude wasn't already adopted, Sophia would have asked for him too.

Last edited by Kassiek; 08-11-2014 at 12:59 PM