Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Mer can do anything - that whole s10 bull with Cristina was ridiculous.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Mer can do anything - that whole s10 bull with Cristina was ridiculous.
It really was urgh... so much mess in that one sigh...
Old 06-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ughhh cant stand that! I really didnt like Cristina in that season.

Icon: Nikki
Old 06-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMeredith (View Post)
Ughhh cant stand that! I really didnt like Cristina in that season.
I was just so frustarted with what happened that season... sigh
Old 06-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, and their "make up" talk at April's wedding was lame ... not to mention interrupted by Kepner screeching about how it was her wedding day.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yawwwnnnn. I hate when they try to portray Mer as the bad guy when it was the opposite ugh. One of the reasons I love Cristina left is they always propped her sooo much!!! And glad the Harper Avery award was won by our girl following her mother as it should've been!!

Old 06-19-2018, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Yes, love that Mer won it! Listen, I’m not a parent but I thought it was an incredibly cheap shot to insinuate a mother somehow has to be less at her job.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that was crappy for sure. Especially when you have Ellen as a lead and a mother, amazing one. Great at both. I hate they implied that for Mer. Pissed me off sooo much.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMeredith (View Post)
Yawwwnnnn. I hate when they try to portray Mer as the bad guy when it was the opposite ugh. One of the reasons I love Cristina left is they always propped her sooo much!!! And glad the Harper Avery award was won by our girl following her mother as it should've been!!
I actually never thought Mer was the bad guy in that part... but i did feel very alone feeling so... i mean it was complicated... and she did say some not so nice things, but so did Cristina, and Cristina did behave very arrogantly when she also refused to listen to any concerns from Meredith and others about Shane, but kept sleeping with him and rewarding him for his insubordination to Meredith... Yes he defended Cristina, but he could have been fired or suspended or kicked off her service if Meredith had made an official complain about the way he spoke to her...

i mean it is sort of true though many women do step back a little in their careers by becoming mothers... it is a horrible thing and i hate it... and i had the discussion over and over with my father on it and hiring women who will be having kids with in some years and such... but it is also annoying they did it here, when they also have Bailey who actually didn't take that step back, was never talked down on for being a mother... hell annoying bitch ass april wasn't either... ironic as it is... so it feel incredible cheep they did it with Meredith...

i am super glad she got the award... so happy... i would love if Mer and Maggie did a project together like end of season 15 leading into season 16 and got the award together ...

oh and the april wedding talk... meeh and especially april whining about how her day wasn't about her... what an entitled bitch she also was there... i mean it wasn't like she didn't love making others big moments about herself as well and felt the need to inset herself there as well.. so that they had a desire to talk it out at "her day" well then stfu april and wait a moment and they willl likely turn back to your pampering...
Old 06-20-2018, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah so I hate they portrayed Mer like that, and no wonder why she was so pissed at that.

For me it was all Cristina's doing and how she started it all.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Well, not all mothers step back. They may take a maternity leave, but most jump back to it and don’t have to be “behind” as Cristina suggests. That’s where they screwed up, by having Cristina say that.

A person’s skill level at their job isn’t linked to them giving birth. If they were talented before they had a kid, they’ll still be talented after. If they’re mediocre at their job before they had a kid, they’ll still be mediocre after.

I don’t know about other countries, but it’s illegal to not hire a woman based on the fact she may have a baby.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:20 AM
Passionate Fan

ohh it is illegal here as well for sure... but that doesnt mean it isnt debated and there are ways to get around it... like the tendency to hirer men in the same age range ...

i know and they truly did **** up with the line... mostly because this show is one that often shows how it should be for women and push for women and that line was the exact oppersit... sadly there can be a tendency in some work areas where women do end up often being the one who has to go pick up the kids, and leave earlier and so on where by slowing down sometimes... it is super wrrong and i hate that it happens and i am glad that more and more men tends to take paternity leave and take some of those months for themselves instead of the mother having to take them all....
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agree.

Mer can do it all. A balance in everything.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

I’ve learned (from having tons of female co-workers w/ kids) that the only women who HAVE to be the ones who pick up the kids etc are those who allow the kids’ dads to get away w/out doing their fair share. Those who stand up for themselves and say it’s crap like Meredith did end up getting help so they can juggle things better. Women’s careers are no less important than men’s - I don’t care if they’re mothers or not.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
I’ve learned (from having tons of female co-workers w/ kids) that the only women who HAVE to be the ones who pick up the kids etc are those who allow the kids’ dads to get away w/out doing their fair share. Those who stand up for themselves and say it’s crap like Meredith did end up getting help so they can juggle things better. Women’s careers are no less important than men’s - I don’t care if they’re mothers or not.
Oh i fully agree wth you on it ... i just sadly see it happen often the way where they in the end just accept it and do it... i have seen it with family members and friends sigh... and each time i see it i swear i wont let that happen to myself as well when time comes...

i am glad Mer did say stop in the end and she wasn't one to stand for it in the long run because it really is crap... i just sadly see it happen too often to people i care about... sigh... I wonder what they would say if i ever gave them you are the sun speech???