Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Ellis documented her entire surgical life in those journals and her sex life with Richard, apparently. She apparently never mentioned Meredith. Hmmm... it's possible she didn't write about her pregnancy either? If she was, in fact, pregnant again. The writers certainly have a lot of 'splaining to do with this whole Maggie situation.

I like the idea of her scamming everyone. That would be the most interesting plot to go with. That, or Richard knew about her, but he thought Ellis got an abortion.

I'm most interested to see Mer's reaction. I think it'll be totally different than with Lexie, though it's a hard time in Mer's life as is, with Cristina leaving and everything with Derek. So who knows how she'll react. I still don't see her jumping the gun to open her arms to this new 'sister' and invite her to get to know her. That's not Mer.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
Ellis documented her entire surgical life in those journals and her sex life with Richard, apparently. She apparently never mentioned Meredith. Hmmm... it's possible she didn't write about her pregnancy either?
Actually, what Cristina said to Meredith is that the one she was reading barely mentions Mer. Which means she was at least mentioned, so I'm guessing a whole second pregnancy would be worth at least a mention too.

I just hope the writers don't disregard the whole journals phenomenon -- what a perfect opportunity for show continuity and it would make Derek finding them in season 5 worth it if they could really use them in this plot.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Unless she mentioned her daughter, and Meredith and Cristina just assumed she was talking about Meredith??

Hopefully the journals do get brought up.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

It's interesting - I just looked back at that scene and Cristina said there was nothing about personal feelings, boyfriends. etc. Yet later we know Cristina reads in the journals about Richard and Ellis and apparently even describes sexual positions Ellis likes. So, I wonder if the journals became more personal in nature later as Ellis struggled with divorce and her heartbreak over Richard.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

since Cristina said Ellis barely mentioned Mer in the journals I would think she wouldnt dare to mention another child. Or I dont know.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 06-30-2014, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
since Cristina said Ellis barely mentioned Mer in the journals I would think she wouldnt dare to mention another child. Or I dont know.
But she did, indeed, mention her. And it sounds like she did write a lot about her relationship with Richard - perhaps the only place she could let her feelings out about him. If she was pregnant with his child? Definitely fits the plot of her journals.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
hmm, yeah... maybe there's other journals that's more personally?

I think her reaction will be shocked and confused, different than when she found out about Lexie. Thatcher gave her up without a fight for another family... Ellis gave the kid for adoption.. I am not interested in this Maggie person.. but how Mer will deal with it, and some mentions of the past - that I ALWAYS want to know more about her.

We should all email Ausiello/TVGuide, and Snoodit asking for maybe interviews/MD scoops. The more the better

Icon: Nikki
Old 07-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
hmm, yeah... maybe there's other journals that's more personally?
That's the thing - they ended up finding A LOT of journals. When Meredith gave them to Richard, the show certainly made it seem like she hadn't read most of them so we have no idea what is in the rest of the journals.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

But that should mean Richard knows?

Old 07-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

I think that if, in fact, Maggie is Ellis and Richard's love child, Richard definitely knows. I'm still standing by the notion that Richard initially told Ellis to get an abortion. Or he STILL wouldn't leave Adele, even though Ellis was pregnant. Ellis told Meredith in an earlier episode that he didn't want children. In the 3x1 flashback, Ellis and Richard were arguing and it kind of looked like Ellis could be pregnant (she was wearing a bagging coat). I bet anything Richard knew and still stayed with Adele.

That'll definitely cause a rift in Meredith and Richard's relationship, I think. Ellis has said, "I should have never had a daughter." We thought she was talking about Meredith, but it's possible she could have been talking about Maggie.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

"He always say he didnt want kids. I should never have a kid."

That was Ellis dialogue. I think.

I hate to think she was not referring to Mer with all those daughter talk.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Though, during her Alzheimer's, it seems like she was reliving her time with Richard and everything to do with Richard. Everything to do with Meredith and Thatcher was negative. Some of her daughter talk was obviously about Meredith, though.

Who knows... I hope they at least attempt to explain the plot holes, otherwise it's going to seem really disjointed.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope.. so far it's so confusing and looks for the sake of shocking drama.. so I wish it's been planned so they know how to explain it somehow.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

It would suck if it was just for the sake of a "shocker" because then we know it won't be done well. Hopefully it's something Shonda has had on her backburner for a while, so it's done well. Like the 'Arizona was pregnant' storyline was definitely NOT planned. I can't think of a worse done storyline in Shondaland.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was sooo bad, to try to explain her behaviour and for sympathy IMO. So hope this won't be played out like that just for the sake of tell something shocking.