Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, and hope she'll be looking similar to the s6 one..

Icon: Nikki
Old 08-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Yeah and not just a random blonde kid

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

The one in s6 was sooo freaking cute.. little Ellen.

Love the speculation about the big guest star what role is gonna play, hope since a big arc, Mer is heavily involved..

Old 08-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

11.3 sides are out. I hope Dr. Jones isn't Meredith, because the last thing Mer needs is another patient not trusting her. I hope it's Bailey and a resident.

So far, I haven't seen much Mer or Der in the sides. I don't know what to make of that. There's been lots of Neuro for Amelia though.

They usually don't have the juicy stuff in the sides anyway.

Though everyone thinks Annie and Jake are Calzona. If we take the side literally, it could be MerDer. Their dog died... Maybe they're getting a pet, idk. Doubt it. It still could be them fighting.

Last edited by darkxtwisty; 08-12-2014 at 06:15 PM
Old 08-13-2014, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think the dog side could be Japril or Jolex tbh if it's truly that..

I hope there's not much Calzona drama, they had more than enough.. I need this season to be a truly Mer centric... and I really really hope they are saving the best for outside the sides... not much Mer/MD in them, it's like they want to keep it hush hush, not give it away like CA.. every CA fan knows where they are going to take them next season, unlike us, cause it's been kept under wraps when the questions are mostly about them, and what's next for MerDer.

I really hope Natalie got some great scoops for us though, especially on the MD centric if it's happening or not.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

The only reason sides exist is because they're used to hire the guest actors. Therefore, it's almost always the patient stories that are included and they never contain scenes that are just between regular cast members.

So - let's hope this means there are a lot of scenes that are just between Meredith and Derek in the first three epis.

GA sides are hilarious because they go to great lengths to change names and even stories sometimes. I used to follow sides from three other shows and they didn't change anything - they were simply pieces of the actual script. Shonda really hates her some spoilers.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Pretty much everyone was asking about MerDer. Didn't see many asking about others. So hopefully she asked about them.

It's obvious that the limb storyline is going to be huge in 11x3. There was a casting call for individuals with missing limbs last week, so I'm thinking that's the main case of the episode. It'll be Callie's case, and maybe Amelia will be on it too. Though there's a Neuro case in that episode too. Although I guess everything really depends on if Derek stays or goes.

They're not giving us much on MerDer in the sides because otherwise it'll give away Derek's choice. Though I don't see them casting for D.C. characters. I would think that if Derek went to D.C. they might cast someone for him to interact with in D.C. - another doctor, an NIH rep. Unless they really just plan to show him on Skype with Meredith like in 10x23. If Meredith and Derek both happened to go to D.C., which I doubt will happen, they'd have to hire other doctors for them to interact with as well. I doubt they'd just show their home life in D.C.

Still, maybe they're not showing Meredith in the sides for that reason. Or all Meredith and Derek's scenes are together or with main cast.

I still wonder about Geena Davis... hope she's not Calzona's marriage counselor.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good point Michele, I want LOTS Of MerDer together and figure it out together.. and Ellen and Patrick both have been busy shooting so yes

I really hope the Geena Davis character won't be wasted like that.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

After the lack of them last season, we really need them this season together, even if it's angsty.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
After the lack of them last season, we really need them this season together, even if it's angsty.
Yes, I'm all for the angst - quality angst.. the start of it in the finale was BRILLIANT. I want more.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

My heart still races every time I re-watch their fight. Holy crap. So much tension. More of that, I say. It's what Grey's has been missing, tbh. Ellen and Patrick's chemistry is what developed the show and made it so great in seasons 1-4. I hope they see this and bring the angst to their storyline back. Tbh I want major angst their way, and I'm fine if they milk it all season long. The happy, cute MerDer scenes are lovely, and maybe they can give us a little bit of a breather in between the flights (ie make-up sex), but then they need to throw another curve ball their way, and just keep pouring on the angst. Ellen and Patrick will be brilliant. It might be painful to watch, but I don't care at this point. I just want them to have focus. Seasons 2-4 were very painful, after all. But brilliant.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true!! They have so much fire and chemistry still after all these years which is amazing, and shouldn't be wasted on 20 seconds scenes.. they need angst, good material and they have a great realistic storyline in their hands. SHOW IT AND DO IT RIGHT.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

I almost feel like they have more fire and chemistry now than then (is that even possible???).. I re-watched the intense 2x24 "You don't get to call me a whore" scene after 10x24, and the fire is even more intensified now.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's cause they've been working together for so long. The angst was so good than, imagine next season if they give them long, quality scenes.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

Meredith as a character is also stronger now than she was then. She's evolved and grown up. Back then, she was his intern and it was seen as inappropriate for her to stand up to him. Meredith also didn't yell often back then. She was a lot softer spoken. Not so much now. Plus, she's Derek's equal - well, she should be his equal whether he sees her as his or not.