Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

No problem. I'll give you PR anytime. Everyone should read your fic. It's going to be amazing!
Old 11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

It's a little slow RN but it will pick up.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I will read it, I enjoyed the first chapter.
sherry02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I'm finally going to get a chance to read the second chapter tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:24 AM
New Fan

Hey guys !

I finished the show two days ago ! It took me literally 5 months to the day to watch it all but it was a great journey.

Currently, I'm very busy so I don't really have time to give my full opinion on Season 4 and on the whole show overall but I will in a couple weeks or so, bet on that !

Take care guys.
BeedaSoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hey Beda! I'm so glad you finally finished the show! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:51 AM
New Fan

Hey guys !

It's been a whiiiile. I was supposed to give my final thoughts on the show like 5 months ago lmao but could not cause of many things that kept me so busy and all. But hey, I finally decided to come by to say hi and just give my two cents on the matter.

Unfortunately, I cannot sum it up like I could have done it 5 months ago with all the details. Plus I'm too lazy for that atm. But I can say overall that I really liked this final season.

Mary's relationship with Darnley was so destructive and passionate at the same time, it was so disturbing. Did not like Bothwell that much. Nice guy but his love for Mary was soooo forced, almost creepy. Rizzio was the homie, until he got killed, so sad (and nice s/o to Bash, even though we did not see him). I did not like Henry (hello new plot hole, how do I look waayyyy older than my actual OLDER brother ? Nothing new under the sun in Reign universe huh ?).

I found the storyline in England pretty boring, even though I really liked Rachel in this season more than the previous one. And Lizeon (is it correct ?) was weird at first but they were so cute together, so sad it ended like this.

In France, some good things (Claude) and some bad things (the two brothers fighting for Nicole) but Catcisse kept it real and were the natural highlight throughout the season.

I won't go any further but like I said, it was enjoyable and the last episode, while being rushed (I knew it, I read a lot about it beforehand and I get why it was like this), was nice, especially the last scene with Frary reunion (still need to know what happened for all the other characters, kinda let down by this).

I don't understand why Reign did not meet its audience. I know a lot of shows that go on for decades while not being that good and yet, Reign became the scapegoat that every non fan would bash (no pun intended) blithely. I know the show has some flaws, but still, it was not the worst, was it ? It definitely deserved another season to wrap it up properly.

Reign was to me a great journey. It got me to know Adelaide Kane who is a really great actress and an amazing person overall. The show and its characters were very endearing and while I have to say that it had the most incoherent and puzzling plot holes that I had EVER come accross (I'm only talking about the plot, not the matter of historical accuracy), it was still fun to watch.

By the way, I'm seriously planning to go to Ireland in the next two years and I consider going to Ashford Castle, where they filmed some outdoor scenes in order to do kind of a pilgrimage (no need to stay at the hotel which is very expensive, I heard we can walk around the castle for a small fee). Have any of you guys been there ?

Here are my thoughts, thank you guys and see y'all. Take care.

Last edited by BeedaSoka; 08-09-2018 at 09:49 AM
BeedaSoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Welcome back, Beda! Thanks for sharing your final thoughts. We seem to be pretty much in agreement. Be sure to continue visiting us here on the Reign board when you can.

I have never been to Ireland, but that would be a dream. If you make it to Ashford Castle, you must tell us all about it!