Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I haven't seen The Originals finale so I can't really comment on that, or compare it to Reign's. I don't really watch that show... I only catch bits and pieces from promos and social media (and the occasional episode on in the background). Is it pretty good, in general?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

The difference for me with the end of Reign is that it is the first show that I have ever become obsessed with. I can't be sure of course, but I don't think it will happen again.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

It's happened for me before, but it's rare
Old 07-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I've certainly been obsessed with other tv shows, but I've never been so entrenched in a fandom before. It will certainly be difficult. I know it will be different now, but I just need the fandom to stay alive.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Just finished watching the finale.

I feel like there was some unnecessary stuff in there. Kathryn/Narcisse/witch sex scene I don't think was really that necessary, but hey, it's the CW.

I was never a Francis/Mary 'shipper but I liked how she was reunited with him in heaven. It was a good ending for the character. I feel like had the series continued, season 5 would have picked up with Elizabeth's Golden Age. I feel like the movie adaptation with Cate Blanchett was better than Reign's version of Elizabeth, to be honest.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Glad you made it to the finale!

The Catherine/Narcisse/Witch threesome may not have been necessary, but at least it was hot.

As a diehard Frary shipper from the beginning, I was so grateful for their beautiful reunion. To me, it was the perfect ending.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Hot = Necessary

There were things far more unecessary in that finale than the threesome.....like having to hear Mary's letter to Elizabeth a second time. Yall we heard it the firat time.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Absolutely. There were a few other things I would have excluded before cutting the threesome - the letter being one of them.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Lasy Lennox's little pep talk to Darnley was unecessary as well since he died in the next scene. The first Catcisse scene was also unecessary since all it did was recap the last episode.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Good points.

Do you think it's time to unstick this thread?
Old 07-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I suppose we can unstick it....
Old 07-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Done. I can't believe it's been almost a month and a half...
Old 07-28-2017, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Still so sad...
Old 07-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Devastated.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

I watched this today. I had been dreading it for several reasons. One, because it means the show is over for me. Also I was really dreading Mary's execution scene. Since I read online that they didn't give us a close up of it like they did with Lola and there would be a Frary reunion afterward, I got through it okay. I did skip the last part of the scene after Mary was told her son wasn't coming where she was walking up to the execution block. I just didn't want that scene in my mind, so I went straight to the Frary reunion where I cried like a baby. It was so beautiful.

I tried to give Darnley a chance, but I just never grew to like him, so I wasn't sad to see him meet his end.

I still don't know what to think about Bothwell. I liked the fictional version of him, even knowing his real life counterpart was terrible. In this episode I suspected for the first time that maybe his repeated suggestions that Darnley needed to be killed were more about having Mary for himself than they were about protecting her. It would have been interesting to see where they went with this had there been a season 5.

I was glad to see James back and in my mind, he and Greer are together and as happy as they could be given Mary's imprisonment for all those years.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed seeing John Knox die. Too bad that didn't happen.

What the heck did that witch give to Cathrine and Narcisse? And why wouldn't she die? Was she possessed?

I really didn't care much about Charles/Nicole/Henri.

The thing I was the most disappointed in was Claude and Luc. I would like to have some resolution to that story. We were completely left hanging on them.
sherry02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread