Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Thanks for watching out for the spoilers, Issi.

Welcome Fanny! I'm Keri. I understand your disappointment with last season. But, like Issi said, I'm hopeful that the writers will do better this season. Even though I'm terribly sad that Francis is gone, I'm looking forward to what is coming next for Mary, Catherine and all of the other characters I love.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

new episode soon
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
Heartbroken. That's how I feel. Francis's death was expected but it still hurt like a motha. The entire scene was just heart wrenching. To see our mighty king go out in such a terrible fashion. I almost found myself wishing he would've succumb to his illness instead. He was such a noble man with a kind heart. Damn you history. He deserved so much more than life afforded him as King. Loving, loyal, and selfless to the very end. It was like watching a car accident. You know you shouldn't be looking but you can't seem to turn away. That's how I honestly felt.

His final scenes throughout with Mary were beautiful and fitting. I loved the call backs to the initial scenes. The moment of Francis's inevitable death when he recalled all of their moments. I think that had to be the most perfect scene to date that this show has ever offered. I found myself wishing that Mary had seen all of that beauty during her struggle in season 2. So much wasted potential time they lost. Makes me really sad.

I'm curious to see the route the show will take since Mary ripped up the agreement between her and Elizabeth. I don't want to continue watching because Francis was my fav but I will give it a shot. As long as they don't abruptly pair Mary up with some new beau in two weeks, like Francis didn't exist. That should be the least of Mary's worries. Besides that's not acceptable, especially after the Conde crap.

I thought the episode was really well done but I did have a few complaints. Frary got an admirable ending for fans and viewers alike. But as good as that was, the show did everything wrong when it came to Francis/siblings. I felt that they missed the boat with the blatant skipping of final Francis/Bash, Francis/Claude, Francis/Charles. Speaking of, I didn't even see Claude/Charles at the funeral( maybe I should have another view). Not to mention there should've been a final scene between him/Lola/baby. It felt so incomplete and I as a day one viewer felt very cheated. These were important relationships to Francis and while I understand death can be sometimes unexpected, the show should've done a better job showcasing that.

I however did like the Catherine/Francis scene. I admired him telling his mother that he couldn't live whatever life he was to have in fear. As much as his death hurts, I believe he was right. That was no way to fully embrace a second chance. Catherine, the ever protective mother to the very end. I wish she would've fought a bit harder to stop him from going. I loved her telling Francis that he was her favorite. I think she loves all of her kids but I must admit the first born always hold a special place in their mother's heart. Catherine made mistakes but she loved her boy. I was sad that she didn't get a literal goodbye to him.

So, we move on. I just hope the journey won't make me resentful of this show's conclusion. They need to move Mary forward without dishonoring Francis's memory. I think that's the respectful thing to do.
This.
DarkElfLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread