Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2015, 04:17 AM
Absolute Fan

honestly, I don't think I would have been so angry at the show and the episode if they even had a scene of Bash hearing about the news from the guards or maybe just even one scene of maybe Bash alone somewhere and just losing his composure for a second, maybe just standing somewhere alone or collapsing a bit against the wall, it wouldn't have been a hard scene to do, add in a extra little moment before Bash goes to tell Catherine

i mean, looking at Bash's eyes in that scene, it looked like he'd been crying anyways, I wouldn't have minded some reaction and aftermath even

instead we get this two weeks later thing and everyone seems to be fine again, mourning over, no reaction shots anymore - it's like they're fearing the show just slowing down a little to actually let the characters breath and not just jump from one moving train to the next

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Prodecers have said there will be another epic romance, Laurie said better than Frary... which is debatable... makes me wonder who it could be. It can't be Mary because she only has bad relationships.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:31 AM
Elite Fan

^ i hope it's Basherine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceLarkinFanForever (View Post)
honestly, I don't think I would have been so angry at the show and the episode if they even had a scene of Bash hearing about the news from the guards or maybe just even one scene of maybe Bash alone somewhere and just losing his composure for a second, maybe just standing somewhere alone or collapsing a bit against the wall, it wouldn't have been a hard scene to do, add in a extra little moment before Bash goes to tell Catherine

i mean, looking at Bash's eyes in that scene, it looked like he'd been crying anyways, I wouldn't have minded some reaction and aftermath even

instead we get this two weeks later thing and everyone seems to be fine again, mourning over, no reaction shots anymore - it's like they're fearing the show just slowing down a little to actually let the characters breath and not just jump from one moving train to the next
I guess we can't tell now if they are fine after two weeks, we only saw Mary and Catherine and they were not okay it still could happe that we'll get to see their pain in the next episode, especially Bash, Charles and Claude's
De Medici Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Absolute Fan

Given the glimpse of next episode, Charles didn't look too broken up, and things seem to move on, but then again, continuity and timelines aren't exactly this show's strong suits

It's wasted opportunity really, I've seen other shows with better send off than this, this is just rushed without any thought of other important relationships

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
BryceLarkinFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Prodecers have said there will be another epic romance, Laurie said better than Frary... which is debatable... makes me wonder who it could be. It can't be Mary because she only has bad relationships.
I thought she said it was Elizabeth and Robert?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Yes, I think Laurie mentioned that Elizabeth and Robert would be one of the romances we have to look forward to. As long as Mary isn't thrown into one any time soon, I'm ok. I hope the writers understand that neither of Mary's other two marriages were happy or "epic." They need to have her stick to her last words to Francis - she will never love anyone the way she loves him.

I would have loved to have seen any kind of Bash reaction scene. A scene where he is alone and breaks down. I hope that we still might get scenes like that in the next episode. People process their pain in different ways. I hate that they did the two week time jump, but maybe that's a good thing? It's typical for people to try to be strong at first and stay busy making arrangements, etc. It isn't until some time has passed that the loss finally sets in and they allow themselves to grieve. Things will inevitably move on...but that doesn't mean the pain is gone.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As long as Mary isn't thrown into one any time soon, I'm ok.
Yeah I mean, that would be borderline offensive. Even though Francis basically mouthpieced Laurie wishing Mary will love again, at least let it not happen too soon. I also wonder who the lover would be, because Mary basically loved two rubbish men after Francis. Though at least one fought for her and her throne.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

enough of men for Mary, I mean.. can't she for once only focus on her country, her friends, her people.. I hope Laurie is able to show that too, strong women not only women who need a man! It would really be stupid but since there is no news of a new cast member maybe they will actually do the right thing and show us a different side of Mary
Old 11-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I thought she said it was Elizabeth and Robert?
Yeah I read that in an article/interview she did. She said it could be them, who knows. Makes me wonder if she even knows.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

I want Mary/Catherine, Mary/Greer, Mary/Lola, Mary/Bash. I want her friendships and family to shine for once. Especially since she won't have them once she goes back to Scotland.

Last edited by De Medici Queen; 11-16-2015 at 11:50 AM
NotDoneAbusingYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

There isn't a time jump and Laurie said it's not Mary
Old 11-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

I think that's all a little bit too spoilery and it belongs in the spoilers board thread
Old 11-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
I think that's all a little bit too spoilery and it belongs in the spoilers board thread
Everyone else was talking about the article too. I was just clarifying what it said since it was misquoted.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:12 PM
New Fan

Hi I am the newbie here

sorry for being a bit late but I have to say my feelings after this cruel episode, francis is no more there
In fact I did love him more than I expected. Tobi Regbo is a pure sunshine, why make him disappear?
in season 1 he looked so young! but he matured very nicely, became more like a "man" you know.
In fact Mary disappointed me a LOT with her love story with prince of Condé, Francis didnt deserve that.
So now even if I loove Catherine, thinking about Mary doesnt motivate me to stay entousiastic about next episode, Really. I know she's the heroine but the scenarist will have to find something very brillant to make me love her again.
In fact I like Lola now. I liked her story with Narcisse.

all
fanny24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome Fanny it's so sad but Catherine (Megan) is a very good reason to continue watching and the last episode was good written imo so I still have hope in those writers even though they disappointed us

Amanda, I know, I thought it would stop there and be just mentioned and you'll all change the topic but we are really not allowed to talk about spoilers here and that article is way too spoilery
Reply   Post New Thread