Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2022, 07:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
the decision to focus on these and lead a more quiet, private life is perfectly valid.

You have to take into account everything he gained from being on the show.
When you put it that way, after gaining some really crazy stalkers who terrorized Kate at her bakery, no wonder he wants quiet private life.

Speaking of, I gathered that some of his fans, obviously not all, hated his girlfriends because a) they weren't Adelaide, b) they weren't pretty by those fans standards, c) they weren't wholesome by those fans standards. To that, I can say:

a) shows are not real life and actors who play lovers on screen don't always become lovers off screen. In fact, there's plenty of showmance (stunt romance, fake romance) designed to keep the fantasy alive. Robsten (Rob&Kristen) were fake Twilight romance. Tomdaya (Tom&Zendaya) are fake Spiderman romance. Etc. Many times such romance beards up one of both actors cause straight actors are still considered more bankable so many are kept in the closet. Sad but that's Hollywood.

b) Lindsay was smoking pre-green hair/emo/punk/whatever phase, Kate's body is 10/10 so butterface basically, this nude drawing girl's body is 10/10 too. Can fans do better?

c) he isn't wholesome either so what's the problem? if people like to try kinks why the hell not?
Old 06-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by reylosome (View Post)
When you put it that way, after gaining some really crazy stalkers who terrorized Kate at her bakery, no wonder he wants quiet private life.
I know, right?! That was pretty awful. I never understood why some fans felt so strongly about Kate. We didn't really know much about her (except that she owned a bakery) or what her relationship with Toby was like... so why the animosity??

Quote:
Speaking of, I gathered that some of his fans, obviously not all, hated his girlfriends because a) they weren't Adelaide, b) they weren't pretty by those fans standards, c) they weren't wholesome by those fans standards.
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment of their reasoning, yeah. Not great reasons to hate or attack a person. I'll admit that I was one of those "Tobelaide" shippers, but I was able to separate fantasy from reality. And I always wished Toby the best in all of his relationships.

I don't know for sure if this is new / recent, but let's enjoy a little Toby working out.

Toby at the Glastenbury Festival.

Last edited by kerbear28; 06-30-2022 at 06:47 PM
Old 07-01-2022, 03:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Workout is old, from 2019. It was the training session for the unfortunate GOT spin-off. First part anyway. Second part with Arnas was from the same year but maybe not the part of GOT training. The big truck tire was from GOT training.

His latest - June 2022 - workout was from kickbox training. You ladies posted it on previous pages. He was briefly seen waiting for his turn to punch the bag.

Not sure if this Glastonbury is new or old but seems to be new cause he didn't attend in 2021 and 2020 for obvious reason, and his hair matches his hair on the photo with the dog. Also that Japan shirt that he had since 2020 vids but not before.

Speaking of favorite shirts, one of reasons why some of his fans hated Kate was his style. They concluded that he was wearing cheap clothes like his blue jeans jacket and sailor shirt over and over because she wanted him to dress like a hobo. Just really ridiculous. He doesn't care to appear in something new and fashionable every time he leaves the house to throw out the trash so more power to him. Like, what does wearing new stuff from popular brands even prove? Only insecurity about oneself if constant applause for fashion choices is the tool for personal validation. I respect that he doesn't give a fig what anyone thinks of his clothes. He wears what's comfortable. That's confidence.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Oh I love that about him too, especially since when it comes to cloths, "being comfortable" is a priority for me too. Not to mention that the blue jeans jacket looked good on him in my opinion (no matter how many times he wore it), lol.

Now about the CW bias thing; I was aware of it too and ironically, many shows that I've watched and loved is from CW That bias makes no senes.

Quote:
@mina_lp That's a great story about changing careers and yes he is very into political activism - refugees, climate change, human rights, LGBTQ. I generally can't stand activists cause they tend to be super shrill, but I really dig him cause he's very thoughtful like Bernie Sanders whom he likes a lot. I enjoy his videos when he talks about politics which, again, is very unlike me.
Thanks yeah I'm not into politics either, but I love the fact that Toby is into many things, lol.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mina_lp (View Post)
Oh I love that about him too, especially since when it comes to cloths, "being comfortable" is a priority for me too. Not to mention that the blue jeans jacket looked good on him in my opinion (no matter how many times he wore it), lol.
Me too! I hate high heel events cause I can never find high heel shoes that are comfortable. My feet are made for sports shoes only.

Yes, that jacket looks good on him. I think the problem with celebs who wear their old clothes is that they are harder to "spy" on. You never know whether a photo or a video is recent or not.

Quote:
Now about the CW bias thing; I was aware of it too and ironically, many shows that I've watched and loved is from CW That bias makes no senes.
Indeed. CW is a guilty pleasure and actors from CW shows have dedicated fandoms that would follow their favorites if they got appealing roles. But since there's bias, they are left with whatever they can get after CW show is over, and industry doesn't care to capitalize on their bringing fandom with them. So that's how you get Toby as Aethelred in TLK. That was the most unappealing role on the show by a landslide and, again, I'm not advocating typecasting as a good guy forever or changing the evil character just because actor has fandom that would prefer their favorite to play at least a grey character or an appealing villian (think Kylo Ren in Star Wars Trilogy, Loki in Thor movies and first Avengers, Spike in Buffy series). But it's really strange that they picked him for that role right after Reign. Like, the role is basically Joffrey-meets-Ramsey. Who the heck casts Francis as that character? Even as subversion of expectations, it's just NO. Especially on a show that was struggling to find viewership so actors with any size of fandom would be an asset but not in just any role (in this example, character who rapes his wife). Don't get me wrong, he's fantastic in such a difficult role but they missed an opportinity to give him layers after the events of Season 2 finale. Instead, they just backgrouend him, turned him into a petty baddie that didn't do much and then killed him off. Weird choice since he had fandom that missed him.

Quote:
Thanks yeah I'm not into politics either, but I love the fact that Toby is into many things, lol.
his video chats are always fun because he's into many things.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Workout is old, from 2019. It was the training session for the unfortunate GOT spin-off. First part anyway. Second part with Arnas was from the same year but maybe not the part of GOT training. The big truck tire was from GOT training.

His latest - June 2022 - workout was from kickbox training. You ladies posted it on previous pages. He was briefly seen waiting for his turn to punch the bag.
Ah, thanks for that. You've got a great memory for detail.

I know I haven't seen the Glastenbury pics before so I assume they're new. https://www.instagram.com/p/CfcURzYt...DTRolbJW1hgk0/

Quote:
I respect that he doesn't give a fig what anyone thinks of his clothes. He wears what's comfortable. That's confidence.
YES, I love that about him, too. It's so relatable. (It's gotten to the point that if I do wear heels once a year, it's a miracle. ) I respect that he just doesn't seem to care about what people think, and I always thought he looked very handsome in that blue jean jacket. But you're right, it does make him harder to spy on.

Quote:
Same here. I guess we're just a glutten for punishment. Like reylosome mentioned, the industry doesn't seem to want to capitalize on these actors and the fandoms that they can bring with them. IMO that's just bad business.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of politics, either, but the past few years have made it hard for me not to get sucked into some of the craziness. I'll admit that my views and Toby's probably don't align in most cases, but I truly respect the passion he has for his causes. Like you said before, it is clear that he is not just virtue signaling. He is genuine and sincere in his desire to help people. He has such a good heart. It's so refreshing to listen to him talk about the many things he's interested in when he does video chats. He's very thoughtful and intelligent.

Last edited by kerbear28; 07-01-2022 at 06:09 PM
Old 07-02-2022, 02:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Ah, thanks for that. You've got a great memory for detail.

I know I haven't seen the Glastenbury pics before so I assume they're new. https://www.instagram.com/p/CfcURzYt...DTRolbJW1hgk0/
I noticed I can't see this Insta account. When I click on the link, it says Sorry this page is not available/Page Not Found. Is there another way to see the content, like embed or a screencap? Or what is the Insta account's name? Maybe if I search by the name?
Old 07-02-2022, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

that account is private. here's its name: regbofanpage

Quote:
Me too! I hate high heel events cause I can never find high heel shoes that are comfortable. My feet are made for sports shoes only.
LOL. I used to wear high heel shoes a lot in my teen years (which is many years ago ) but after that I just didn't do it so often, because not only most of them are uncomfortable and annoying, but also I literally have a back problem, so those aren't good for that.

Quote:
Yes, that jacket looks good on him. I think the problem with celebs who wear their old clothes is that they are harder to "spy" on. You never know whether a photo or a video is recent or not.
never thought of it that way, that actually could be one reason for it indeed

Quote:
Indeed. CW is a guilty pleasure and actors from CW shows have dedicated fandoms that would follow their favorites if they got appealing roles. But since there's bias, they are left with whatever they can get after CW show is over, and industry doesn't care to capitalize on their bringing fandom with them. So that's how you get Toby as Aethelred in TLK. That was the most unappealing role on the show by a landslide and, again, I'm not advocating typecasting as a good guy forever or changing the evil character just because actor has fandom that would prefer their favorite to play at least a grey character or an appealing villian (think Kylo Ren in Star Wars Trilogy, Loki in Thor movies and first Avengers, Spike in Buffy series). But it's really strange that they picked him for that role right after Reign. Like, the role is basically Joffrey-meets-Ramsey. Who the heck casts Francis as that character? Even as subversion of expectations, it's just NO. Especially on a show that was struggling to find viewership so actors with any size of fandom would be an asset but not in just any role (in this example, character who rapes his wife). Don't get me wrong, he's fantastic in such a difficult role but they missed an opportinity to give him layers after the events of Season 2 finale. Instead, they just backgrouend him, turned him into a petty baddie that didn't do much and then killed him off. Weird choice since he had fandom that missed him.
The only good thing about his character in TLK was the fact that it showed how well he could play a villain as well, lol.

Quote:
Same here. I guess we're just a glutten for punishment. Like reylosome mentioned, the industry doesn't seem to want to capitalize on these actors and the fandoms that they can bring with them. IMO that's just bad business.
LOL. yeah I think the same

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of politics, either, but the past few years have made it hard for me not to get sucked into some of the craziness. I'll admit that my views and Toby's probably don't align in most cases, but I truly respect the passion he has for his causes. Like you said before, it is clear that he is not just virtue signaling. He is genuine and sincere in his desire to help people. He has such a good heart. It's so refreshing to listen to him talk about the many things he's interested in when he does video chats. He's very thoughtful and intelligent.
Ah yes, he truly is a caring person and yes as both of you mentioned, it feels so good to listen to him in his chat vids.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
that account is private. here's its name: regbofanpage
So what's the deal? Does she have photos and vids that other sites don't and can you PM me if you don't want them shown in public?

Speaking of, I know some stuff that I don't want to post on a public forum either, so is it OK to PM you and @kerbear28? It's pretty juicy but it ties in with the Maleficent firing mystery.

Quote:
The only good thing about his character in TLK was the fact that it showed how well he could play a villain as well, lol.
That and we get to see his really cute butt in S2E7. Really really cute butt. Daymn Netflix for blocking screencapos at least in my zone.

Have a question for all - how many siblings does he have? He has 2 much younger half brothers on his mother's side, that he grew up with. He said in a video with Torrance (sp?), where they were talking about brothers, that he had 3 brothers. I know that he has much older, over 20 years older, half-brother in Norway so he would fit the 3 brothers bill. I also know that he has an older half-sister in Norway who is older brother's full younger sister. She has 3 sons from her first marriage, an infant granddaughter from her eldest son, and a stepson from her second husband who is British but works on oil rig in Norway. Toby's very close with her and she comes to UK too.

But then I've seen on some fan pages that he has other 2 sisters in Norway that my sources don't know about. And there was a girl with ID Harmony on YT who said in a comment section to one of his videos "you won't believe it but I'm his niece". So lets assume she didn't lie. She isn't eldest sister's child cause she only has sons. His eldest brother has a young half-Thai son (his wife is Thai) so if he has other, older children, my sources know nothing about it. The little boy spends alot of time with his aunt and her family so that's how my sources know. They know her side.

I'm curious cause I haven't found an interview where he specified the number of siblings save 3 brothers and that altogether the biggest gap between his siblings is 40 years. Which makes sense cause his youngest brother is 16 and his oldest brother could be 56 so that's 40 years gap.

There's a fan Insta that claims to know more than anyone else but she made a mistake about a photo of Toby with his sister,her youngest son and his brother's little son. That girl said the woman on the picture was Toby's sister in law cause "his 3 sisters are blond" but that is in fact his eldest sister (who is blond but not on that photo due to light). And his sister in law is Thai which the woman on the photo 100% was not. So that girl doesn't know as much as she claims. But her site is the only one where I found the "3 sisters" claim and I can confirm 1 sister. So as far as I'm concerned, elder brother, elder sister (Norway), 2 younger brothers (UK) are confirmed. 3 brothers are confirmed. 40 years gap between siblings is confirmed. If there are other siblings on his father's side remains to be seen unless you know more.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
So what's the deal? Does she have photos and vids that other sites don't and can you PM me if you don't want them shown in public?

Speaking of, I know some stuff that I don't want to post on a public forum either, so is it OK to PM you and @kerbear28? It's pretty juicy but it ties in with the Maleficent firing mystery.
Oh, shoot, I knew I wasn't able to embed her posts here on like other IG accounts, but I thought sharing a link here would allow you to see the pictures in the account like I can. Sorry! The link works for me. I don't know if maybe you just need to request to follow her account? She does post some pics that I can't find on other accounts, so it's a good one to follow.

YES, you can definitely PM me. (I assume Mina wouldn't object, either?) I'm excited to learn what you found out.

Quote:
Yes, it really showed his range. He was disturbingly good at playing cruel and unhinged. Plus, Toby managed to make the character almost sympathetic in the end - with a somewhat redemptive arc (on his death bed. ).

Quote:
That and we get to see his really cute butt in S2E7. Really really cute butt. Daymn Netflix for blocking screencapos at least in my zone.
YES. 100% agree.

^ Regarding Toby's siblings, you have done MUCH more research than I have, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you confirm any of your information. The only siblings I remember seeing in pictures with Toby are his two younger half brothers in the UK. I guess I do remember hearing about the older siblings in Norway, but I can't clarify the exact number (or their children, etc.) I have definitely never heard anything about him having 3 sisters - just the one.

Last edited by kerbear28; 07-02-2022 at 03:17 PM
Old 07-02-2022, 03:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

YES, you can definitely PM me. (I assume Mina wouldn't object, either?) I'm excited to learn what you found out.
Will PM you and Mina.

Quote:
Yes, it really showed his range. He was disturbingly good at playing cruel and unhinged. Plus, Toby managed to make the character almost sympathetic in the end - with a somewhat redemptive arc (on his death bed. ).
He did something interesting with the character and added layers that weren't in the writing There was a moment in Season 2 where he looked on the verge of saying that he was sorry but the writing never went there so it was just him adding that moment while Aethelred and Aethelflaed were on a boat. And then in the finale, he was surprised that Uthred saved him from Sigefried and then that Aethelfaed saved both when she killed Sigefried. He was positevely in awe. But, again, nothing came out of it cause season 3 brushed it off. That said, at the start of Season 3, he played the character in a way that you could see he was hurt by that Aethelfaed's daughter wasn't his. A character who ties to cover that he suffers by being mean. So there was subtle decay from his princely deportment in Season 2 to more loose in Season 2 to downright debauched I-don't-care-what-you-think in Season 3 (it's all in subtle how he sits, how he carries himself). And of course the deathbed scenes which get a lot of praise from the cast but fans of the show barely notice. But yes, those moments weren't abrupt change into a completely new character, but really great character development.

Quote:
^ Regarding Toby's siblings, you have done MUCH more research than I have, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you confirm any of your information. The only siblings I remember seeing in pictures with Toby are his two younger half brothers in the UK. I guess I do remember hearing about the older siblings in Norway, but I can't clarify the exact number (or their children, etc.) I have definitely never heard anything about him having 3 sisters - just the one.
3 sisters is literally just that one Insta account who thinks he has between 7 and 12 half-siblings which I think is a mix-up with nephews. It's possible that there are more siblings between him and his eldest brother and sister cause it's a big age difference between them, but my sources (didn't have to research ha ha it was all served to me on a plate ) don't know about them.

It's like his girlfriends. Fans talk about Lindsay, Kate and Tara cause they were official (well, as official as they can be given that he doesn't run to the press or call paparazzi) but there were at least 2 more that kinda flew under the radar more on that in PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
oh yeah, good thing you pointed out

Quote:
YES, you can definitely PM me. (I assume Mina wouldn't object, either?)
you were right, I didn't mind at all

Quote:
^ Regarding Toby's siblings, you have done MUCH more research than I have, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you confirm any of your information. The only siblings I remember seeing in pictures with Toby are his two younger half brothers in the UK. I guess I do remember hearing about the older siblings in Norway, but I can't clarify the exact number (or their children, etc.)
I second this, these are the only things I knew about his siblings

Quote:
He did something interesting with the character and added layers that weren't in the writing There was a moment in Season 2 where he looked on the verge of saying that he was sorry but the writing never went there so it was just him adding that moment while Aethelred and Aethelflaed were on a boat. And then in the finale, he was surprised that Uthred saved him from Sigefried and then that Aethelfaed saved both when she killed Sigefried. He was positevely in awe. But, again, nothing came out of it cause season 3 brushed it off. That said, at the start of Season 3, he played the character in a way that you could see he was hurt by that Aethelfaed's daughter wasn't his. A character who ties to cover that he suffers by being mean. So there was subtle decay from his princely deportment in Season 2 to more loose in Season 2 to downright debauched I-don't-care-what-you-think in Season 3 (it's all in subtle how he sits, how he carries himself). And of course the deathbed scenes which get a lot of praise from the cast but fans of the show barely notice. But yes, those moments weren't abrupt change into a completely new character, but really great character development.
Ah, THIS. I totally agree. The look on his face when Aethelred and Aethelflaed were on a boat, never leaves my mind. It was such a great acting, you could see that Aethelred was almost ashamed and sorry. And I could see all those subtle signs you mentioned, especially since I wished for his character to become that layered grey kind. But yeah sadly it didn't happen like that, but as both of you said, luckily in the deathbed scenes the character development was more evident. Toby performed very well in those scenes and conveyed the truth behind Aethelred's character (having no love in his life whatsoever, so becoming mean and horrible) and actually got me somewhat to sympathize with him in those ending moments, not to mention that he finally tried to do the right thing in the end.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Ah, THIS. I totally agree. The look on his face when Aethelred and Aethelflaed were on a boat, never leaves my mind. It was such a great acting, you could see that Aethelred was almost ashamed and sorry. And I could see all those subtle signs you mentioned, especially since I wished for his character to become that layered grey kind. But yeah sadly it didn't happen like that, but as both of you said, luckily in the deathbed scenes the character development was more evident. Toby performed very well in those scenes and conveyed the truth behind Aethelred's character (having no love in his life whatsoever, so becoming mean and horrible) and actually got me somewhat to sympathize with him in those ending moments, not to mention that he finally tried to do the right thing in the end.
They definitely missed the boat here, cause going by his performance, there was more to the character that remained unsaid but the show wasn't interested to explore. I think the reason was that once Netflix took over, they wanted everything and everyone to go back to Uhtred. So if a character was far removed from Uhtred, they just weren't interested. Unlike BBC seasons, Season 1 and 2, where characters were allowed to have their own arcs and life so to speak,Seasons 3-5 were very Uhtred-centric. So if a character didn't directly impact him (his lover, his freind, his enemy), they were pushed in the background. So since Aethelred was Aethefled's husband and impacted her not Uhtred, he was sidelined. Which is a shame cause Aethelred and Aethelflaed dynamic, since they shared Mercian throne, should have been more important than Uhtred and Aethelfaed romance which many fans didn't like anyway.

Millie has some really great things to say about working with her buddy Toby on very difficult scenes, from 28:28 min mark to 33:55 min mark

https://youtu.be/nW0M5N76PZk

Highly recommended listen if you didn't already. Just compounds how much the show missed for not giving him enough to do and reducing their scenes together.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Will PM you and Mina.
Awesome. I'll respond there.

^ You are both so right about what Toby was able to do with Aethelred's character. He was able to add many interesting layers, even though the writing left so many of these things unsaid. They really did miss the boat with not bringing more of that out explicitly in the writing, but I'm so glad Toby brought it all out in his performance. You are probably right about them wanting to focus more on Uhtred in Seasons 3-5, which I suppose is understandable. Still, the Aethelred and Aethelflaed dynamic was so compelling. I wish they would have spent more time with it. I would have enjoyed that SO much more than the Uhtred and Aethelflaed romance (which I didn't care for at all).

Ah, I love that interview with Millie. Their friendship is so precious. I love that she felt safe and respected around Toby, even before they really got to know each other.

Last edited by kerbear28; 07-03-2022 at 11:43 AM
Old 07-03-2022, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Ah, I love that interview with Millie. Their friendship is so precious. I love that she felt safe and respected around Toby, even before they really got to know each other.
Heh heh he's a radical leftiest so he daymn right should make women feel safe and respected. Practice what you preach and people will appreciate you which he does.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread