Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

HEATHER!!!! It's so great to see you here. Maybe you can join in the rewatch of 1x05 today? I won't be able to participate, but I'm sure everyone else will appreciate your sassy comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Medici Queen (View Post)
Aw I'm aware of this, all of this... that it was also his fault but while doing all this in S2 Francis always loved her and not even for a second he had doubts about his love to her while for a moment in S2 I stopped thinking Mary loves him, not as much as he loves her He's not innocent and is to blame too for her decisions in S2 but I can't blame him because he never stopped truly loving Mary while she had her doubts

I'd compare it with the question of some people "How can you not forgive Mary for sleeping with Conde but forgive Francis for sleeping with that girl Narcisse brought to court in S2?" I simply can, because Francis had no feelings for that girl, yes, they had sex but that's all while Mary with Conde.. it just was wrong and she was confused but it felt like it was more than just sex
I do agree with you, Issi. I appreciate that Mary must have felt hurt and abandoned when Francis was pushing her away during the blackmail mess. But Francis was doing it all to PROTECT her and the other people he loved. I CANNOT blame him for that. I forgave him in a heartbeat for EVERYTHING. He was in such pain. Would it have done any good to tell her the truth and put her in danger? Who knows. On the other hand, Mary was in pain too. I can understand how - even after she learned the truth - Mary would feel betrayed. So, I can sympathize with her as well. They were both so miserable.

And YES...there were dark moments when I doubted Mary's love for Francis. I didn't doubt Francis' love for ONE SECOND. Everything he did, he did for HER.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

Hey Guys

youtube
Old 02-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Heather so nice to see you here. I hope things are better now for you and so glad to see you wrote us

Exactly, Keri. That's how I felt too
Old 02-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

Hey issi

youtube
Old 02-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

hey Leah love your icon btw, Bellarke
Old 02-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Awww thanks after the last episode I just had to make on I love yours too

youtube
Old 02-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Aw I'm aware of this, all of this... that it was also his fault but while doing all this in S2 Francis always loved her and not even for a second he had doubts about his love to her while for a moment in S2 I stopped thinking Mary loves him, not as much as he loves her He's not innocent and is to blame too for her decisions in S2 but I can't blame him because he never stopped truly loving Mary while she had her doubts

I'd compare it with the question of some people "How can you not forgive Mary for sleeping with Conde but forgive Francis for sleeping with that girl Narcisse brought to court in S2?" I simply can, because Francis had no feelings for that girl, yes, they had sex but that's all while Mary with Conde.. it just was wrong and she was confused but it felt like it was more than just sex
THIS. I don't think Mary ever doubted Francis' love for her while he was being secretive (to protect her from Narcisse's threats). But Francis DID doubt that she loved him and so did I. There is a huge difference between keeping political secrets due to blackmail and actually having an emotional and physical affair with another person. That's the main difference. I don't hate Mary, I just don't feel as kindly towards her as I did in S1 and her behavior and attitude in S2 is the reason why. That said, I loved the newest gifset. Beautiful and romantic!

Quote:
I appreciate that Mary must have felt hurt and abandoned when Francis was pushing her away during the blackmail mess. But Francis was doing it all to PROTECT her and the other people he loved. I CANNOT blame him for that. I forgave him in a heartbeat for EVERYTHING. He was in such pain. Would it have done any good to tell her the truth and put her in danger? Who knows. On the other hand, Mary was in pain too. I can understand how - even after she learned the truth - Mary would feel betrayed. So, I can sympathize with her as well. They were both so miserable.
I accept that Mary felt betrayed by Francis no matter how irrational. But all the reasons for her turning to Conde and THAT betrayal are not acceptable.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you see it the same way. I can't completely forgive her but really.. they were soo good in season 3 that I decided to ignore S2 existed and Monde happened so ... there's only S1 (of S2 I accept only the coronation episode and Three Queens but because of Matherine.. and everything else never happened) and S3
Old 02-21-2016, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Glad you see it the same way. I can't completely forgive her but really.. they were soo good in season 3 that I decided to ignore S2 existed and Monde happened so ... there's only S1 (of S2 I accept only the coronation episode and Three Queens but because of Matherine.. and everything else never happened) and S3
Same for me

youtube
Old 02-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Master Fan

HEATHER! I understand needing to take a break, as I did the same and returned to the board just recently as well. So nice to see you on here again.

As for the discussion about season 2, I can't really add much because I stopped watching, but I too choose to ignore the events of season 2 and focus on how great season 1 was, as well as how good season 3 is.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
HEATHER!!!! It's so great to see you here. Maybe you can join in the rewatch of 1x05 today? I won't be able to participate, but I'm sure everyone else will appreciate your sassy comments.
Quote:
Heather so nice to see you here. I hope things are better now for you and so glad to see you wrote us
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedstarlight (View Post)
HEATHER! I understand needing to take a break, as I did the same and returned to the board just recently as well. So nice to see you on here again.
Thank you for the warm welcome back!! I have missed being on here so much!!!

Keri: I'm sorry I missed the rewatch, but maybe next time. The Sass Queen is back (I miss my co-sass queen too!! where is she?!)

Amanda, so nice to see you back here again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerbear28 (View Post)
And YES...there were dark moments when I doubted Mary's love for Francis. I didn't doubt Francis' love for ONE SECOND. Everything he did, he did for HER.
Keri, I've missed this most of all. You pulling the words right out of my head & my heart My baby Francis
Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I never once doubted Francis' love for Mary. The season only confirmed his love more for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather8615 (View Post)
Hello my dear friends!!! Its been a while! I have to apologize for my rather abrupt disappearance. I was going through some difficult issues in my personal life and I just needed to unplug from everything, to give myself a chance to heal. I am super behind on S3, but I am really looking forward to catching up with all of you!!

Heather! It's so great to have you and your sass back here .
Andrea ღ|Icon: mine
Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

So...getting home from work at 10 PM (and later) is not fun. And that's the way it's going to be for me for most of the next couple weeks. I'll try my best to keep posting....who needs to sleep right?

Such a good conversation here. I'll admit it's MUCH easier to just FOCUS on the good parts of Season 2 and ignore the rest. And we'll always have the beauty of Season 1 and Season 3.

Quote:
Keri: I'm sorry I missed the rewatch, but maybe next time. The Sass Queen is back (I miss my co-sass queen too!! where is she?!
Oh, you mean Kandace, right? She's still around, just very busy so she has not been posting as much the past couple months. It would be lovely to have our co-sass Queens together again.

Quote:
Keri, I've missed this most of all. You pulling the words right out of my head & my heart My baby Francis
Aww, I've missed it, too. SO much. At least we will always agree on our complete and unconditional love for Francis.

Last edited by kerbear28; 02-21-2016 at 09:58 PM
Old 02-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone! its my first coment here.

First of all sorry for my bad english. I hope you may understand what i write.

I was reading here, i don´t even watch Reign anymore but i like to read your coments. And i would like to vent right now about how i feel about Mary. Maybe some of you will not like what i have to say but i have to...
The Reign writers obviously wrote a rape/psa just to justfy Mary´s fell in love to another man because they just wanted another love triangle. Seriously, this show is all about love triangles. By doing it (bad writing) they destroyed their "feminist", strong and independent protagonist (they really don´t know what it means. its seems like for them it means every single man falls in love with her and Mary giving hipocrytal "i`m a Queen!" speeches).
While somehow i still ship frary (weird thing, i don´t know what happen to myself lol), S.2 destroyed Mary´s character for me. I can´t bear her after that. Maybe i still ship Frary just because Francis true and unconditional love for her. i think Mary´s love is very much conditional. She just love any men who can give something to her at the moment.
I believe when you love two men/women at the same time, you really don´t love anyone of them. I don´t think Mary did love Bash, Conde and much less Francis. I think she just loves herself. I laughed out loud when the writers twitted somenthing like "unconditional devotion" about Mary´s love to Francis on his death episode.
Every declaration of love to Francis from her in S.3 sounded pretty hypocritical for me.
like:

Yes, she 'loved' Conde in at time and after she knew about his betrayls she started confunding it with gratitude, according to LM and Adelaide Kane. They both defended the whole affair situation saying "its possible love two men at the same time".

I can´t get over Mary blaming Francis for somenthing he did haven´t any control and when he just wanted protect her and his family, and she knew it! Oh, she said it was irrational. that´s right. But why for a minute she wasn´t irrational in blame herself too when she killed Narcisse´s son in the first place (its like all her mistakes must never been mentioned. But when she has to treat Narcisse and give her "I´m a Queen" speeches, she remember it pretty well). I don´t think she even blame Narcisse. It seemed to me she mostly blamed Francis for it.
And if she was in love to another, how she couldn´t feel consideration for Francis feeling and gratitude for everything he did for her or the friendship they shared one day?! like she did in several episodes in S.2 when she was flerting with her affair under his castle, when she planned run away with her lover to scots and leaving Francis as a husband and a king alone, when she betrayed France to help her lover etc
I would pass it all if we could to see Mary changes, feeling really sorry, facing the consequences and fighting for getting Francis forgiveness. Mary needed a redemption arc. instead of this, we get a rushed Frary reconciliation. And Mary acting like all she did wasn´t that bad. And i hated her "sorry" speech about its how is difficult and THEY should "commit our heart to each other" (sorry, it was not Francis who fall in love with others. It was only you Mary).

Sorry for saying all this, i know many of you forgave and still like Mary. But like i said, i needed to vent about it. I hope you don´t care about my bitterness lol
Old 02-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Affleck's fan (View Post)
Hi everyone! its my first coment here.

First of all sorry for my bad english. I hope you may understand what i write.
Welcome

I understood your English just fine

Unfortunately I cant see the images, hopefully they will appear later!

Quote:
Yes, she 'loved' Conde in at time and after she knew about his betrayls she started confunding it with gratitude, according to LM and Adelaide Kane. They both defended the whole affair situation saying "its possible love two men at the same time".
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Although I do have to say, I never really believed Mary was truly in love with Conde, I think she was just confusing her gratitude for romantic feelings. He helped her when she needed it, but he took advantage of her situation. Perhaps at a push there was lust between them, but for me it never seemed like love.

Steph | tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread