Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi ladies.
It's so nice to see you stopping by, Kate. I'll be sending good vibes your way for a smooth delivery and healthy baby.

I actually really like #8. While I don't like that Mary is basically comparing her love and admitting she did love another, I love reading something that reminds me that Francis will always be placed before anyone else in her heart and mind. I feel that it's a recurring theme in the show (and dear me, do I wish it wasn't and that she'd just realize Francis is her EVERYTHING). I feel strangely connected to it.
So, I'll vote #5 this round.

Shu, I completely agree. I'm just weak when it comes to these two and I'll take any sort of happiness after that dismal S2 I can get. I do think, when all is said and done, I'll probably rewatch S1 and pretend that's where their story ended and I'll fill in the gaps myself.

Kandace
Icon Credit: Issi
Old 10-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hey Kandace. I'm glad we can all be weak for Frary together.

When you put it like that, I really appreciate #8 as well. It's definitely a recurring theme on the show (as much as I wish it wasn't).

Survivor Count
#5 - 2 (Andrea, Keri, Kandace)
#7 - 1 (Steph)
#8 - 1 (Kate)
Old 10-19-2015, 07:37 PM
Master Fan

Prayers for a smooth and safe delivery Kate .

I actually agree with both Keri and Shu's statements because they describe my jumbled up feelings towards this show . It's clear now that season 2 has changed my view on Mary and Frary. Beautiful words were said by Mary to Francis in this last episode and I had to constantly tell myself they were said out of genuine love. Normally, I don't think twice about things like that with my ships because I know how they feel about each other. Here, my trust in that has been shaken. I'm not used to that.

But on the flip side, they do make it known that Mary at least recognizes her huge mistakes (even if they're done in a much smaller and subtle way than I'd like) and her issue with Conde has not been forgotten by anyone and is still brought up. There's also the fact that there's not much time we have left to see Frary. So I just want to savor every moment before it's gone. Afterwards, I'll probably do what Kandace will do and just fill in the blanks for myself for Frary's story after season 1 and permanently erase season 2 from my mind entirely.
Andrea ღ|Icon: madness
Old 10-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I know, Andrea. It's so terrible that our faith in Frary and Mary has been shaken. All we can do is hope that they do more to restore it before all is said and done. The fact that Mary recognizes her mistakes (and what happened with her and Conde has not been forgotten by anyone and is still mentioned) is a decent start. I can't tell you how excited I am to see how Antoine shakes things up in the next episode. Seriously...how you can ignore Conde when his brother is standing right in front of you? We'll see. I'm cautiously optimistic. If things don't go exactly how I want before Francis passes, I can always pretend the mess that was the second half of Season 2 never happened and fill in the blanks however I want. No matter what, I'm so grateful for everything that Toby and Ade have given us (even with questionable material to work with). They are magic.

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-19-2015 at 08:19 PM
Old 10-19-2015, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Yes, this couple was pure magic and I thank Toby and Ade for that. The show may have not done an amazing job but these two did, even in the craziest of circumstances .
Old 10-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

So I had part of a post composed and then composed and then hit a key and everything disappeared b/c I went back... Seriously,

Anyway, that gave me the opportunity to realize Kate posted and is due next Monday! My grandma's birthday is Sunday and mine the following Friday...October is a great month to be born. Here's to a safe delivery of your little pumpkin!

Also I'm voting #8.

What I had composted about the episode on Friday is gone. Basically I annoyed with Elizabeth and Charles. I enjoyed Leith and Claude. I mean how sweet is Leith!?

All the Charles and Mary betrothal business....eh. I'm not bothered by it, b/c I don't see it actually happening. Clearly I don't want to be thinking about what life could be for Mary (on the show) after Francis's death. I'm just going to live in denial...yep....
Old 10-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Hey Robin! Ugh I'm so sorry you lost your original post. It's happened to me before, and I feel your frustration.

I was wondering when you would be able to stop by and post your thoughts on the episode, and I'm so glad that you did. Cleith is a breath of fresh air. And yeah...the Mary/Charles betrothal doesn't worry me at all because we know the marriage won't happen. You know...history.

#5 - 2 (Andrea, Keri, Kandace)
#7 - 1 (Steph)
#8 - 2 (Kate, Robin)

Guys...I posted a couple new stills from 3x04 in the Reign thread on the Spoiler Board. Before you check them out, be warned...

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-19-2015 at 09:11 PM
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 PM
New Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by kerbear28; 10-19-2015 at 09:35 PM Reason: Spoilery
Old 10-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Shanaya, I had to put your last post under spoiler tags because we can't discuss the new episode stills here. They are considered spoilery. Like I said, I posted them in the Reign thread on the Spoiler Board if you would like to discuss them there. We can talk about them in the Spoilery Pics and Episode Stills thread as well.

ETA: I just posted them in the Spoilery Pics and Episode Stills thread so we can discuss them there.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just think this season is badly handled. They should have not done the time jump so we could see Francis deal with it. But, the writers are giving her a free pass via francis. I just wish they'd cut out the empty platitudes. Don't have francis say her love is conditional. Yes, she loves him, but mary's love for francis has always been with conditions.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

#5 for me too

Kate I had no idea you're expecting a baby omg that's so cute! so excited!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

I know, it's so sweet, right?! All my love and prayers to Kate and her family for a smooth delivery and a happy, healthy baby.

Any more votes before we move on to the next round?

#5 - 4 (Andrea, Keri, Kandace, Issi)
#7 - 1 (Steph)
#8 - 2 (Kate, Robin)
Old 10-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi,
I vote for #5. I like the directness of the other two quotes.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Yes, sending all my good thoughts and prayer's in Kate's direction !
Old 10-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Alright, here's the next round. Thanks for voting, everyone!

THE CONSUMMATION (EPISODE 1x13)
FRARY QUOTE SURVIVOR
ROUND EIGHT

Vote off the quote that you like the LEAST.
The first quote to receive 5 votes will be voted off.
If 48 hours pass with no quote receiving 5 votes, the quote with the most votes is eliminated.

Original Post
Previous Winners: Pilot; 1x02; 1x03; 1x04; 1x05; 1x06; 1x07; 1x08; 1x09

1. "I wish I could've found some other way to save Francis' life." ~ Mary (from Episode 1x12, Royal Blood) Vote Off Round 2

2. “I'll be gone from court once I have my answer and the matter is settled, and you and I will never see each other again.
I don't mean that to sound cruel or angry.” ~ Francis
Voted Off Round 1

3. “What matters is that you love Mary…She's with Bash now, but she loves you…What matters is what you want.
Is it Mary? Is it to save my life? Is it the throne of France? Is it the safety of your brothers? Say it, say it! I know it's true.” ~ Catherine
“Yes. Yes, of course, I want all those things.” ~ Francis
Voted Off Round 4

4. “Then tell Mary I will cause her no harm ever. And that she will cause you no harm by loving you. By marrying you.” ~ Catherine Voted Off Round 5

5. “There is no prophecy keeping us apart….Your fate is your own when it comes to who will you marry.” ~ Francis Voted Off Round 7

6. “I know you think you love them both. While that may be true, I argue that you love one more.” ~ Catherine Voted Off Round 6

7. “Now you're free to go to the man you love.” ~ Catherine

8. “I love Francis more.” ~ Mary

9. “She let me decide. It's odd, isn't it? That your mother was the one to show me what was truly in my heart.
You. It's you. It's always been you. ” ~ Mary

10. “Does this mean you’ll marry me?” ~ Francis
“Yes!” ~ Mary

11. “You promise? Promise me, I mean it. Promise me you'll try. One year of marriage, it isn't enough.
Fight, Francis, please. I will give you children. Don't give up on our dreams. On the life we could have.” ~ Mary
“Such a beautiful dream.” ~ Francis (from Nostradamus’ vision)

12. “It's time for the consummation.” ~ Greer Voted Off Round 3