Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2016, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i always have the feeling she really adores Jon's storyline.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that is way more likely than her having a crush on Kit

Emilia is a smart woman, she can't help but adore the character and his storyline like more or less every single GoT fan out there.

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-11-2016, 06:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread

Awesome title So yeah, I guess we can pretty much assume that Jon and Dany are related.

Does this change your shipping guys?
I would hold on RLJ celebrations for now. Until we get it really confirmed. Well, it doesn't change anything. Aunt/nephew was a common thing in medieval times. What I'm worried about is that show will end after Season 6 with 10 to 15 episodes. Jon/Daeny in this case would be rushed and maybe even forced to some people. I don't want it to be rushed so dissapointed by this fact that they want to end it rather quickly.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest, and this might disappoint shippers.

I don't think there will be much romantic over a marriage between the two, if it ever happens. I think it will be a political arrangement to bring peace. Granted the marriage between Ned and Cat was a political arrangement too and they grew to love each other deeply as time passed. But i don't think we would be shown that far into the future at the end of the story.

It would fit GRRM's style of writing a lot more, if the one time a marriage works is because it is a compromise arrangement. Remember why Robb got himself killed in the Red Wedding. Because he chose love (on the TV show) and honour in the books, over compromise and a loveless marriage to the Frey girl as he had promised. I think the end of the story might come about because the last characters standing, will choose what needs to be done over what they want

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
So yeah, I guess we can pretty much assume that Jon and Dany are related.

"Enhances it, really..."
Old 05-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Even if Jon/Dany don't start a romantic thing I am very looking forward to them to meet each other. I expect something as great as when Tyrion met Dany.

EC | ADC

Old 05-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movies (View Post)
Even if Jon/Dany don't start a romantic thing I am very looking forward to them to meet each other. I expect something as great as when Tyrion met Dany.
If I may offer a differing opinion, that isn't setting the bar high.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of agree with Markus though. I think the bar is set high enough if you expect something as great as the meeting between Dany and Tyrion. Which was awesome.

Have we ever gotten a good romance on the show (apart from Ned and Cat, and that happened over time) that should make us expect that a Dany and Jon coupling would be any different?

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
Old 05-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Cool (View Post)
I kind of agree with Markus though. I think the bar is set high enough if you expect something as great as the meeting between Dany and Tyrion. Which was awesome.

Have we ever gotten a good romance on the show (apart from Ned and Cat, and that happened over time) that should make us expect that a Dany and Jon coupling would be any different?
You have a point. Still I didn't think that Tyrion's first meeting with Dany was that spectacular.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
You have a point. Still I didn't think that Tyrion's first meeting with Dany was that spectacular.
Why? If may I ask.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrow (View Post)
Why? If may I ask.
Rewatching the scene I withdraw all objections to it. You are right. It's very good.

Last edited by Telepath; 05-13-2016 at 04:52 AM
Old 05-13-2016, 05:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello everyone!

It's been a while. I went to the other forum but they closed it. Anyhow, glad to see that you've kept this going. Thanks. I'm happy that we have a new season, finally. Next week should be a really good episode for Dany.

Quote:
Thanks for the new thread

Awesome title So yeah, I guess we can pretty much assume that Jon and Dany are related.

For me R+L=J has been cannon for a long time, both in the books and the shows the foreshadowing and clues have been overwhelming. So, that's that.

Regarding me shipping, I shipped them because to me there has been a lot of clues and foreshadowing for a relationship between these two characters both in the books and the show. I've taken these clues and foreshadowing to me that their relationship will be romantic but perhaps it'll be a different type of relationship. Regarding them being related, it doesn't bother me. It was not uncommon for uncles and nieces to be married in medieval times, I don't see anything wrong with it.

By the way, have their been any parallels this season so far. I haven't noticed any but I might not have been looking too closely. I'd like to add them to my ongoing list.

Season 1

-> Episode 2 "The Kingsroad" : Both characters embark on a journey to their new lives, Dany heads to the Vaes Dothrak and Jon to the Wall.
The fire on the candles Dany stares at around her dragon’s eggs fades into the campfire Jon is beside.
->Episode 3 "Lord Snow": Both Dany and Jon have blades held up to their necks.

->Episode 10 "Fire and Blood": Both Dany and Jon deal with the grief of loosing someone they love, Dany with Drogo and Jon with Ned. Also, Dany’s first scene lead's into Jon’s first scene. Jon’s second scene lead's into Dany’s second scene. Jon’s final scene lead's into Dany’s final scene.

Season 2

->Episode 10 "Valar Morghulis": In Dany's visions in the House of the Undying she goes through the red keep to the Wall.

Season 3
->Episode 10 "Mhysa" :Both Dany and Jon are carried. Dany by the newly freed slaves of Yunkai and Jon by his fellows brothers from the Nights Watch.

Season 4

->Episode 9 "The Watchers on the Wall" and Episode 10 "The Children": Dany and Jon are left grieving and walking into an uncertain future. Dany chains away her dragons, afraid that they will harm another child. Jon buries Ygritte after the event at castle Black.

Season 5

->General - both are trying to incorporate a formerly persecuted group into the larger society. Facing opposition from the status quo, neither can seem to get both sides together.

->Episode 2 "The House of Black and White" and Episode 3 "High Sparrow": Dany and Jon execute members of their "organizations". Dany beheads Mossador for defying her orders and Jon beheads Slynt for defying his orders.
->Episode 5 "Kill the Boy": Jon seeks out Maester Aemon's advice regarding what he should do about a difficult situation, this is paralleled but Dany seeking out Missandei's advice about what she should do about a difficult situation. Both of their advices advice the, to follow their instincts. Additionally, both Dany and Jon release their prisoners in order to use them as allies. Also, there is the parallel of Sam and Missandei. Both of them are the "right-hand man" of each character and they are both in the mist of unorthodox romantic relationships.

Last edited by King of Cool; 05-13-2016 at 06:55 AM
Old 05-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

ahh welcome back DracarysGirl i've missed ya yeah it's sad the GOT board closed but in the end only the same people posted in there and then there was a 48 h time with no post and after that the required amount of posts haven't been reached and now it's closed. but i am glad we have the Emilia board

as for Jon/Dany, the parallels are so strong and i think they did this on purpose. no way it's just an accident.

and yeah i also ship them no matter if related or not. it's a medieval world and the Targaryens used to marry in the family anyway so it's probably even better that Jon and Dany are related
Old 05-13-2016, 06:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Considering my favorite ship of all time is an immediate-family incest ship I have a very thick skin when it comes to that.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't have a problem with Jon/Dany being related either. Doesn's stop me from shipping them in a romantic way. I'm not a hardcore shipper which means I wouldn't be disappointed if they only became allies. But I certainly don't mind if they become lovers

Welcome to this thread and board DracarysGirl. It's nice seeing you again

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread