Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2022, 06:23 AM
Extreme Fan

And that's why random fans on the internet have written many better season 8 outlines than D&D. The fans care about the story and its details. D&D didn't get it, and they were too arrogant to allow someone who did to come in and help.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sad thing is at the beginning I had so much faith in D&D, they were my most trusted showrunners even...
Old 02-18-2022, 06:43 AM
Extreme Fan

They are competent at adapting someone else's story, so it all did seem good in the start. When they began writing their own stuff for the show the cracks began to appear.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Yes sadly. We also have to blame GRRM for being such a slow writer though, every other writer out there took much less time to finish their big epos.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am really done with this Show sadly
Old 02-19-2022, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

GRRM may not be to "blame" for the show as even random fans came up with better S8 ideas than D&D, D&D chose to rush the last two seasons and make the bizarre writing choices they did.

But GRRM is totally to blame for any way his story is tainted by the show, and for being insultingly slow as delivering the next ASOIAF books. GRRM is rich and successful because of the support his fans gave him, and he is majorly stringing along those fans. It's been over 10 years since the last book was released and TWOW is still nowhere in sight, he wants to write anything except TWOW, and then he complains about things from the show ending. GRRM should have written the ending in the books before it even got to S8.
Old 02-19-2022, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
GRRM may not be to "blame" for the show as even random fans came up with better S8 ideas than D&D, D&D chose to rush the last two seasons and make the bizarre writing choices they did.

But GRRM is totally to blame for any way his story is tainted by the show, and for being insultingly slow as delivering the next ASOIAF books. GRRM is rich and successful because of the support his fans gave him, and he is majorly stringing along those fans. It's been over 10 years since the last book was released and TWOW is still nowhere in sight, he wants to write anything except TWOW, and then he complains about things from the show ending. GRRM should have written the ending in the books before it even got to S8.
Yep that is exaxtly what I mena, had he finished the book series faster then D&D would've simply needed to adapt the books to the end.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

And now GRRM is writing a comic book with Marvel.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait what
Old 02-21-2022, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

season 8 was so bad that even the man himself has no more interest in GOT. dude is seriously doing everything he can except finish that book.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like so many others said, season 8 may actually be part of what he plans for the book, so he is now screwed trying to fix it after the backlash from the TV series. So now he just stalls and works on other projects to make funds til time runs out.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki92 (View Post)
And now GRRM is writing a comic book with Marvel.
Honestly he'd probably write a third book for the bible before finishing ASOIAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfully (View Post)
Like so many others said, season 8 may actually be part of what he plans for the book, so he is now screwed trying to fix it after the backlash from the TV series. So now he just stalls and works on other projects to make funds til time runs out.
I think parts of it are at least, and those parts still would need more than two books to make sense imo seeing as the last book is basically where the S5 ending is at.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Honestly he'd probably write a third book for the bible before finishing ASOIAF
That is true lol, "The Book Martin, newest addition to the Bible. Everything you didn't think you needed to know about Jesus dark political secrets and intrigues. Many sex scenes included."
Old 02-22-2022, 06:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis (View Post)
That is true lol, "The Book Martin, newest addition to the Bible. Everything you didn't think you needed to know about Jesus dark political secrets and intrigues. Many sex scenes included."
And then St Peter turned to Jesus and said, "Did I ever tell you the joke about the man who walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass"?

Judas fiddled in his chair for 11 minutes, his pink mast was pink, 5 prostitutes pranced naked around the room for no apparent reasons with nipply nipples and swamps.

"Oh and by the way" said Peter, "I wrote a book about our last few years defeating the mad Saviour, I am so very glad we picked we picked a bunny rabbit to replace him. It's called ""The Book Martin, newest addition to the Bible. Everything you didn't think you needed to know about Jesus dark political secrets and intrigues. Many sex scenes included." wink wink how meta! But I forgot to include you in the book Judas, how silly of me!"

And they all laugh, and proceed to eat a 20 course meal that shall be described in intense detail as follows:
Old 02-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Lmao, that is how I'd imagine it for sure.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread