Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 11:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)

He may not have been bad, but it must have thrown her through a loop. Until then, I think she'd made peace with everything the real Ward did, and then seeing him again blew that all to hell. Also, with what the doctor did to her? I doubt she'd had a chance to come to terms with that since being sent to the future and everything that entailed.
I guess the Dr is a horrible person and yes that would be traumatising fro sure and she had to go through it again which was worse

I feel the Ward thing was done well it was a good closing chapter for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Still trying to wrap my mind about the Fitz-is-dead-but-not-dead situation....
it is a shocking even
Old 05-27-2018, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I feel the Ward thing was done well it was a good closing chapter for them
You know, as I woman, I was deeply enraged by the story the writers tried to create for them, what with him and how he behaved in season 2 (or even at the end of season 1). As a former fan of Skyward, I couldn't let it go. I really would have loved to see them together again. If the writers had changed their minds and gave Ward a redemption arch, I probably would have fallen for it hook like and sinker. And then I saw Daisy as this, well, a kick-ass chatacter in season 2 and those that followed. Though I have to admit that I was kind of excited when we saw Daisy wake up in the framework (as Ward's girlfriend) and I understand why the show tried to give the fans (where Ward was concerned) some sort of redemption, it was too little too late. By that time, I feel the core group of characters had moved on. Don't get me wrong, it was great seeing Brett Dalton on the screen as something other than the bad guy, I feel that it was left wanting, like it was kind of the show's way of negating the fact that he was a hydra flunky.

I think enough time passed between what happened in seasons one and two and what we saw in the framework that it could have potentially worked in some capacity, but it was cheapened. For me, it was one of those scenes where you root for a character/couple though you know you shouldn't and you were ashamed (but guilty) of doing it.

I get the closure the show was trying to offer Ward and Skyward fans, but again, it was too little too late.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah I get that I hated what they did to ward I wished we got a better ending for him . I still loved ward and I always hoped they would give him more than be a bad guy which Is why i liked framework ward he was old school ward but good which i thought was good .
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
see i dont know why she would be dealing with any issues from the framework , that version of Ward wasnt bad she accpeted him in that version and she someone got to say goodbye to the person she knew
Because Ward kidnapped her, terrorized her, tried to murder her friends, was culpable in participating in Hydra's genocidal plans, kidnapped her and brought her to the man who tortured and murdered her mother, and let's not forget what he threatened to do to Daisy in the season one finale: "You woke up a weakness inside of me. And for the first time in a while, I wanted something for myself. Maybe I'll just take what I want. Wake up something inside of you."

Having to deal with that would be traumatic, and having some doppleganger of the man who caused her so much pain, terror, and suffering could have been addressed.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

He was a ass man . That side of ward was horrible I hated that they did that to them all really.

I wished she got to see lin again she did love him which was sad for her she did lose a lot she is shields version of buffy
Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

So in the end the fitz we saw is dead now so we will get the old fitz back

I did like daisy stepping down I think it was a good choice for her and the team cause once she did it she felt so happy and well mack can do it without any issues .

The team felt more comfortable with mack and not daisy she knew she was to emotional doing it so she stepped down
Old 06-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

The guy who operated on Daisy is dead already, putting this storyline to rest. There are only 13 episodes next season, and I’m hoping they don’t waste any of it on placating offended Daisy fans who still want to see Fitz receive a consequence even though the dude is frickin' dead!

Quote:
I wished she got to see lin again she did love him which was sad for her she did lose a lot she is shields version of buffy
I think that was what the show was going for, a badass heroine that we could all root for during her trials, but for me for various reasons it did not work. At all.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden of Might (View Post)
The guy who operated on Daisy is dead already, putting this storyline to rest. There are only 13 episodes next season, and I’m hoping they don’t waste any of it on placating offended Daisy fans who still want to see Fitz receive a consequence even though the dude is frickin' dead!

I think that was what the show was going for, a badass heroine that we could all root for during her trials, but for me for various reasons it did not work. At all.
Well I agree people will have their own opinions and they can air it out on the rant thread I will have more rules for the episode discussion thread I want this to be a more general thread easier for all fans to discuss .

And I agree that version of fitz is dead even the writers stated that as we he is gone his last.act was him trying to be a hero and save people in the end losing his life we did break the time loop .

Daisy in the end wasnt meant to be a leader once she stepped down she became more herself and she was happier , maybe later on she could lead but I think she prefers to be the soilder similar to may they are the 2nd in charge . I felt also the team became a team again when they had a say on who they wanted to lead. And it was no hard feelings on any part which was nice.

would you guys have liked this episode as an ending to the whole series ? If this was meant to be the last one forever did you like it?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. The show has never cared much about Daisy when it comes to the bad things that have happened to the character in the past, or rather the emotional aspect of things. I doubt they'll start anytime soon. Personally, I wouldn't rail against 'man-in-space' Fitz, but As a fan of Daisy, I felt cheapened by the way handled Fitz' death or lack of blow back, but enough about that subject.

Quote:
would you guys have liked this episode as an ending to the whole series ? If this was meant to be the last one forever did you like it?
I would not. As good as some parts of the episode were, I would have been very disappointed with it as a series finale. I see that they left things open enough for fans to interpret things into their own perspectives, but yeah...glad it wasn't a series finale.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The show has never cared much about Daisy when it comes to the bad things that have happened to the character in the past, or rather the emotional aspect of things. I doubt they'll start anytime soon.
I think that can apply to most (if not all) of the characters on this show. Also, I can empathize with what it feels like to think your favorite character is not being treated fairly and wanting to express that. I do believe that we should be able to voice what’s on our mind. Nevertheless, the issue that some of us are experiencing is that when the same complaint is being posted over and over again in different threads month after month, it becomes a bit of overkill and carries the potential to create unnecessary tension between posters. And for the record, it’s not you I was referring to in the post you quoted me.

Quote:
I think it was okay-ish for a series finale. They did try to give Coulson and May a happy ending. Also, the team seemed united again, and there was still a Fitz out in space for those fans who may have been upset by his death. However, on a purely personal level, my favorite character barely received any screen time, so that part kind of sucked for me.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't think you were singling me out. I suppose you're right though on the fans having all felt that way about their favorite character.

Hmmm, your favorite character? I'm going to guess Jemma? I'm sure you've mentioned it once or twice but I'm too lazy to go back and look.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

interesting different of opinions with the final again im more than happy that we get more i always want more or one more

Also did deke disappear or just leave?

Character development i say most characters get their fair share but with a show like this the world ending take more importance than character development . I know people are pissed off with daisy or fitz story line cause that are thier favourites which i understand . for me this season May got pushed to the back ( i guess cause of the actress' injury ) and that for me was werid

to the other note im ok with people saying what they want but i dont want people to be pinned against each other so that is why i have the rant thread for that reason . Ive posted on board when this has happen and its the worst thing i want this place to be respectful to everyone adn be positive
Old 06-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hmmm, your favorite character? I'm going to guess Jemma? I'm sure you've mentioned it once or twice but I'm too lazy to go back and look.
I don’t believe I’ve mentioned who my favorite character is on the discussion threads. But yeah, Jemma of S1 was my favorite character; however, midway through S3, I couldn’t stand the sight of her (or Fitz). It was as if her sl for that season had been cut down to "chick who cries over dudes." She had become the complete opposite of what I had loved about her character in the first season. It took me a long, long while before I warmed up to Simmons again, but I was never able to warm up to Fitz again though.

Quote:
Also did deke disappear or just leave?
Seems like he did vanish out of existence. Wasn’t there a shot of Jemma (after the loop was broken) walking into his room, and it was empty?
Old 06-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don’t believe I’ve mentioned who my favorite character is on the discussion threads. But yeah, Jemma of S1 was my favorite character; however, midway through S3, I couldn’t stand the sight of her (or Fitz). It was as if her sl for that season had been cut down to "chick who cries over dudes." She had become the complete opposite of what I had loved about her character in the first season. It took me a long, long while before I warmed up to Simmons again, but I was never able to warm up to Fitz again though.

Seems like he did vanish out of existence. Wasn’t there a shot of Jemma (after the loop was broken) walking into his room, and it was empty?
yeah i had that moment to with simmons i liked her in season 1 and 2 . 3 she was ok mostly with the inhumans side came in i didnt like the way she reacted to that so i disliked her than.

Fitz i always liked only time i didnt like him was this season and even than i didnt hate him but they did do a number on him.

i actually dont know who my favourite chracter is maybe coulson is he is on going good , i do like daisy but i think i liked her more as skye but i dont mind daisy she did have moments when i didnt agree with her . May and mack is great . yo yo i like to this season was a miss with her .

Right now i dont hate anyone i still love them as a whole ,
Old 06-09-2018, 08:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
The issue is that Daisy was tortured. I don't see why that should be dropped. The season never bothered to address it at all, and the fact that some fans think that it shouldn't be handwaved is an example of people refusing to dismiss her pain and torment.

Quote:
I think that can apply to most (if not all) of the characters on this show. Also, I can empathize with what it feels like to think your favorite character is not being treated fairly and wanting to express that. I do believe that we should be able to voice what’s on our mind. Nevertheless, the issue that some of us are experiencing is that when the same complaint is being posted over and over again in different threads month after month, it becomes a bit of overkill and carries the potential to create unnecessary tension between posters. And for the record, it’s not you I was referring to in the post you quoted me.
Except we're addressing an act of torture that was experienced by Daisy, not a dichotomy in ideology, so it's not like people expressing discontent with how the show refused to address it is something that people should be criticized over. Let's keep in mind that this is what happened:

This isn't something that should be minimized or marginalized, and I don't see the problem in voicing that Daisy's POV should be addressed.