Old 04-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was curious about it but not anymore.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
How is it possible I went into LCdC with the lowest known to mankind expectations, and it still managed to disappoint me? I only got up to ep 6 and removed it from my Netflix cause when the soundtrack is the only decent thing about the show? You're in trouble. Like I know I don't watch Spanish TV for originality, but there is at least one redeemable thing about the characters & interesting storylines but here it's just all coming up empty? The spy plot didn't interest me on 6H and it's not interesting me anymore here, I already looked past GH covering mental health with Javier's wife Laura (I think) and I'm not looking past it again, Mario beating Angeles so bad she lost her baby was taken directly from Aurelia's storyline, as is most of Sara/Carlota & I don't even understand Alba's storyline. I should've known when that review mentioned 6H this show was not gonna end well for me, but the trailer was pretty & I like some of the cast but even that's slightly tainted by their messiness (It's really not that hard to stay in your lane if your ignorant mouth has nothing useful to say)

All in all this show is getting the #happenedbutneverhappened treatment & I'm gonna get back to binging El Internado because Carol might annoy the sht out of me (and I am impatiently waiting her death) but I can actually stand her being on screen & the show isn't a gigantic ball of mess.
i'm just gonna copy/paste my thoughts from tumblr b/c i agree with you, but i need to keep ranting:

Quote:
las chicas del cable is the biggest disappointment of 2017. i can’t believe i excitedly waited a whole year for this garbage show. the horribly handled lgbt topics are bad enough, but then they also went and recycled tons and tons of plotlines from seis hermanas and gran hotel. the seis hermanas stolen storylines are especially obvious, especially in regards to the celia/aurora relationship v. carlota/sara. lazy. as. ****. and just terribly written. not even fun.

and then of course everyone on the cast (except ana fernandez and ana maria polvorosa) are sitting there in interviews saying “oh, well, feminism is just as bad as men being sexist towards women” or “i don’t know why we need feminism, it’s 2017″, all the while harping about how LCdC is such a “feminist show” (it isn’t). and then you’ve got bambú defending pablo motos, and blanca suárez saying people are taking his comments “too personally”.

eta: ana maria is cancelled for being a moron about trans people.
honestly if there was only ONE of these things going on, i ALMOST might have enjoyed it. if sara/carlota as a couple and characters were written in a non-offensive way and didn't steal 80% of their lines from aurelia scenes, i MIGHT have been able to forgive the other flaws. if everyone on the cast was great and the show was okay but the s/c stuff wasn't, i MIGHT have been able to at least semi-enjoy it. but no, it had to be a perfect storm of devastatingly disappointing bull****, through and through.

gran hotel was the only good thing bambu ever did and it still had questionable. like the first 350-ish episodes of 6H were good too, right up to the 1st aurelia proposal. once adela died the show went to **** and NEVER recovered. it was never a perfect show, but aurelia was AMAZING and for the most part it was at least watchable. i'm glad candela and luz both fought so that their characters would not be ruined and preserved aurelia's memory of perfection. el internado is great b/c bambu wasn't involved. and yon gonzalez & blanca suarez can go **** themselves; no wonder they have great chemistry, they're the same kind of ****ty person.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 04-28-2017 at 06:10 PM
Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was going to ask how your binge went, but sounds like it didn't go well. That's so disappointing because it looked so good!

I started with Dear White People yesterday and was going to watch LCdC afterwards. Maybe not now.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
I was going to ask how your binge went, but sounds like it didn't go well. That's so disappointing because it looked so good!
right? like i lowkey went in expecting to not be surprised impressed, and at first i was like, okay, this isn't terrible, there's some good stuff. but then it kept going and i was just like fuuuuuck this ****.

i was on episode 6 of 8 by the time all the ****ty interviews/statements came out, and that's when the show really went downhill FAST. i watched the last 2 episodes just because, but ugh, **** bambu for this bull****. i don't get it; netflix would have given them ANYTHING, would have LET them do anything, and this is what bambu gives us? recycled plots? nonsensical drivel? offensive lgbt stuff? (oh look we're ticking off all the boxes on a diversity checklist, look how ~~~progressive we are, despite doing literally nothing re: diverse characters.)
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-29-2017, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

I should've known when that review mentioned 6H this weren't gonna end well It's the first Spanish drama I've watched where I actively felt bored watching it, and was basically coasting along up till about ep 6 for the cast & then I just gave up cause I couldn't do this crap anymore Bleaching everything to do with LCdC and the casts messiness from my brain basically & never touching anything Bambu make again.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I should've known when that review mentioned 6H this weren't gonna end well It's the first Spanish drama I've watched where I actively felt bored watching it, and was basically coasting along up till about ep 6 for the cast & then I just gave up cause I couldn't do this crap anymore Bleaching everything to do with LCdC and the casts messiness from my brain basically & never touching anything Bambu make again.
literally like NOTHING happened tho?

- marga was funny at first, then she gets involved with an idiot dude with a crazy ex-gf (of course ) and her character never changes. carlota never changes at all in s1, she's literally the exact same person from ep1-8. her romances with sara and miguel were beyond pointless. angeles becomes a potential murderer at the end of s1 (i see you, yet another stolen idea from 6H), but really, what growth does she have? lidia develops a tiny moral conscious, but she kinda already had one anyway, so .... she doesn't change either.

- lidia is a terrible person, which i could have lived with, but then francisco is ALSO a terrible person, and it's like they saw ivan/julia in el internado and were like, "how can we do that, but make it ****?" seriously. their relationship is beyond toxic and it makes literally ZERO sense??? like francisco and lidia are ****ing awful to each other for what is basically NO reason, and then even when that should be resolved, it isn't.

- carlos was the only semi-decent character who ACTUALLY underwent a modicum of change from ep1-8, but he was still super boring overall and i hated that lidia and francisco constantly used him/****ed him over. i didn't like him, but after a while i was like, "come on, it's just sad now ..."

- like ..... what were ANY of the plots? carlota had none. oh, she realized she's bi, great, she had like 5 min devoted to that and then she was having 3somes everywhere. marga had no plot. angeles had SOMETHING of a plot but it felt like aurora/clemente or alicia/diego or rodolfo/blanca or luis/francisca -- aka, version 8791203401 of the same abusive husband storyline we've seen a million times with bambu. try the **** again. and lidia's plotline was all over the place. what's victoria's motive for anything? who knows, nothing is explained. why the **** was jimena killed? who knows, nothing is explained. what the **** did francisco do when lidia was arrested? who the **** knows. why is a ****ing photo of lidia and francisco kissing such a big deal? this is the ****ing 1920s, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?? OH WAIT, ****ING NOTHING, BUT WE GOTTA MAKE IT A BIG DRAMA. smdh.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
she realized she's bi, great, she had like 5 min devoted to that and then she was having 3somes everywhere
Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
she realized she's bi, great, she had like 5 min devoted to that and then she was having 3somes everywhere
#representation

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
she realized she's bi, great, she had like 5 min devoted to that and then she was having 3somes everywhere.
Why.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
#representation
the only reason 6H had semi-decent lgbt representation is because candela and luz actually gave a **** and refused to do offensive storylines. it wasn't anything bambu did.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-01-2017, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
the only reason 6H had semi-decent lgbt representation is because candela and luz actually gave a **** and refused to do offensive storylines. it wasn't anything bambu did.
Thank god for them.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Thank god for them.
luz is the only het actress i'll ever trust. she GOT it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm a bit late jumping on the Star Wars band wagon, as a huge fan of the original trilogy I have to have my say. Sad fact: I used to have 5 copies of each film!! I enjoyed The Force Awakens, though maybe it was a little too similar to A New Hope, with a bit of Empire Strikes Back thrown into the mix, but it's fun and something that I can watch quite often. Rogue One was good, though I've yet to watch it a second time. And as Lauren said nice to have female protagonists at the forefront of both films. As for eps 1, 2 and 3, Ja ja binks, WTF why? 2 I saw at the cinema with my head between my knees because of the atrocious dialogue 3 I only saw a couple of years ago because until then I couldn't bear the thought of watching it! I was 9 when the first film was released, it was like nothing seen before with the effects. It's leagues ahead of Flash Gordon which is of the same era. What it created was something more than the sum of its parts - I think.

Lauren: The Lady Pies are no more, I'm gutted and just as the season was about to start too.

I binged watched Dr Who recently, well seasons one and two. Rose is my fave and after she left it was never quite the same.

Quote:
It snowed last night near where I live. I couldn't believe it since we're almost in May.
I remember , some years ago now, a photo, I must have seen it on the TV, of a cricket field covered in snow after the season had started! It was a good covering too, a complete white out.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings

my favorite band just released a new single and i'm dying

S T A R D U S T
Old 05-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I saw that earlier and I love it. My fave song is My House with You and I a close second

Spent the last few days taking it easy as I somehow managed to end up with a swollen foot and pulled hamstring, and now a siff fell on my big left toe so I'm doing great