Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

The only way I know is using Tumblr savior. I reblog a lot of Laurel Lance/anti Arrow posts which occasionally leads to Tumblr suggesting Arrow blogs for me. Got that blacklisted so instead of showing me the blog it says it's blocked because of the words contained, and if I actually want to look at the blog I can click that off & it'll either show me the blog or just disappear from sight.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Is there a way to block suggested blogs/posts on Tumblr? It keeps showing my Jeffrey Dean Morgan stuff
you can tumblr savior it, but if you had the xkit extension for tumblr, you can turn off suggested blogs/posts. i use both tumblr savior and xkit.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-21-2017, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

How I should be spending my weekend: Sticking to my study plan of 2 hours work a day with 30 minute breaks in between & doing assignments bit by bit so my head don't get overwhelmed.

How I'm actually spending my weekend: Continuing to watch El Internado in between watching football and I have absolutely no regrets

My time at college this week was spent telling people about Spanish shows that I watch. One of them even googled what El Internado was about cause I was talking about it so much, and the trailer for lcdc My teacher almost had a heart attack when I asked if I could review El Internado as part of our TV review assignment. Like the brief just says I have to review a TV show, it's not specific over what language it is in or if your Teacher has to have watched it and she freaked the fck out, it was so funny cause the whole class looked round as I was explaining THIS IS NOT MY FAULT, IT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO She's like 'No it has to be in English cause even though I'm not watching I need to be able to understand what you're talking about' and I'm like 'I can find you an English translation, please let me talk about how great this show is' and then someone suggested I just review an ep of Riverdale and my Teacher's jumping on that like 'YES PLEASE LET US TALK ABOUT RIVERDALE ALL DAY LONG, I AM A GOOD PERSON I DO NOT DESERVE THIS STUFF BEING THROWN AT ME' so I was like 'Fine I'll cover an ep of Riverdale but you are missing out on glory' and my Teacher's all like 'Oh my dayz I was really scared for a minute, there isn't a mandate on this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do' She's glad lcdc is on next Friday and I have to give her this draft by next Tuesday to be completed for the week after, cause otherwise I would've had 2 fabulous shows to choose from cause I may love you GH but you didn't give enough screen time to the Queen that was Sofia and I was only really interested in 1 storyline that involved my OTP so there's not a lot for me to write about there, whilst El Internado is just one trip and a half. I paused watching at the ep where Hector heard Pedro's phone ringing in Elsa's room so I am very much assuming he was finally able to put those dots together & realize they're screwing on the side, cause if after that you still can't work stuff out? Deserve what you get
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
My time at college this week was spent telling people about Spanish shows that I watch. One of them even googled what El Internado was about cause I was talking about it so much, and the trailer for lcdc My teacher almost had a heart attack when I asked if I could review El Internado as part of our TV review assignment. Like the brief just says I have to review a TV show, it's not specific over what language it is in or if your Teacher has to have watched it and she freaked the fck out, it was so funny cause the whole class looked round as I was explaining THIS IS NOT MY FAULT, IT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO She's like 'No it has to be in English cause even though I'm not watching I need to be able to understand what you're talking about' and I'm like 'I can find you an English translation, please let me talk about how great this show is' and then someone suggested I just review an ep of Riverdale and my Teacher's jumping on that like 'YES PLEASE LET US TALK ABOUT RIVERDALE ALL DAY LONG, I AM A GOOD PERSON I DO NOT DESERVE THIS STUFF BEING THROWN AT ME' so I was like 'Fine I'll cover an ep of Riverdale but you are missing out on glory' and my Teacher's all like 'Oh my dayz I was really scared for a minute, there isn't a mandate on this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do' She's glad lcdc is on next Friday and I have to give her this draft by next Tuesday to be completed for the week after, cause otherwise I would've had 2 fabulous shows to choose from cause I may love you GH but you didn't give enough screen time to the Queen that was Sofia and I was only really interested in 1 storyline that involved my OTP so there's not a lot for me to write about there, whilst El Internado is just one trip and a half. I paused watching at the ep where Hector heard Pedro's phone ringing in Elsa's room so I am very much assuming he was finally able to put those dots together & realize they're screwing on the side, cause if after that you still can't work stuff out? Deserve what you get
but .... like .... how could she not understand el internado? SHE JUST SAID SHE'S NOT WATCHING ANY OF THE SHOWS. how is it easier to understand a show you've NEVER seen, but is in english, versus another show you've never seen, that's in spanish?? does she think spanish dramas have some kind of plots that english speakers can't understand?????? smdh at people who are prejudiced against shows just because they're not in english. also **** riverdale tbh.

don't worry, hector will figure it out tho. i actually like elsa a LOT, but it takes a while to warm up to her. she goes through a lot and becomes a great character.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Which is exactly what I said cause it's so dumb. If this stuff wasn't available with a translation I wouldn't be able to watch cause I know from binging my spanish has improved a lil bit but it's not that good. Not everyone wants to watch the same old American/UK/English Language as a base programs, sometimes you want something a lil different & I honestly think that Spain makes the best dramas. I mean they got me into liking period dramas for crying out loud. For one of our earlier assignments we had to write a piece on silent films & how films originated from France or something which was totally alien to most of us but we got through it, yet she can't let me write a 200 word review on something Spanish I can talk to people in my class who know nothing about this stuff yet they'll still be interested & I'm always talking to my mum who is very vocal in the fact she prefers French stuff & doesn't really care but still lets me talk. I know people hate Riverdale and for good reason & I really wish these actresses would get some decent PR training cause every time I think Lili can't get worse she does, but it's my one problematic show & I just try not to think too much basically For my movie review I'm covering The Mummy Returns because that movie is awesome, but for TV review I might just do iZombie.

Bright side out of all this mess is we've got an extended project worth 6 credits and we all have to choose a subject to cover either from suggestions or what we choose. I asked if I could do LGBT representation in the media and she's said that's ok, so I'm looking forward to talking all about burying gays, limited screen time, queerbaiting, LGBT musicians not necessarily getting as much promotion as straight artists, censorship, artists using sexuality to promote themselves (ie claiming to be something for attention & then doubling back to claim it was all just a phase) etc which is gonna be super fun & I'm gonna try and slide an Aurelia mention in because COME ON. They were the perfect couple played by the perfect actresses who understand how much Aurelia meant to people & protected that with all of their souls. Yes 6H is in Spanish but the focus isn't on the show, just a brief mention of them and you don't have to watch or know anything about something for me to have one line in a 3000 word essay on how great they were
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is Tumblr savior? I can't find that
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/fir...tumblr-savior/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mdfkidip?hl=en

Once installed the browser may restart (been a while since I've done it) but you get 2 options when you open to either whitelist or blacklist. For whitelist you put in key words that you like and Tumblr always shows the post & for blacklist it's words you don't like so those posts will be blocked. My list is filled with stuff like sherlock, walking dead, force awakens, and everything non Aurelia 6H related
Old 04-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's wrong with Star Wars? Or is it just Force Awakens and the Poe/Finn shippers?
Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

I refuse to acknowledge any films outside of the original trilogy and got sick of seeing Poe/Finn shippers, Kylo Ren fanboys and gifs of Han dying Prequel trilogy was a massive disappointment and I just don't feel like I need more films, but everyone keeps telling me how good Rogue One is so I might make that an exception
Old 04-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think there's anyone who truly likes the prequel trilogy, is there?

And I agree, more movies aren't necessary at all, but I did like Force Awakens and Rogue One

And who the hell loves Kylo Ren???
Old 04-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
What is Tumblr savior?
literally god.

I use xkit but it pisses me off that I lose all my saved stuff if I have to format my pc or even reinstall my browser from scratch. at least I can back it up on savior. if there is a way to do it on xkit, then I sure as **** don't know how. I am still having to reblock all of the Supercorp bull**** from my feed since formatting my pc a week ago.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-21-2017, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If only tumblr suvivor and xkit worked for tumblr mobile. Actually, I think xkit did have an app for the mobile but it was so damn slow it wasn't worth it.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
If only tumblr suvivor and xkit worked for tumblr mobile.
right? I don't even use tumblr on my phone because of that - and because it's a massive data hogger.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
I refuse to acknowledge any films outside of the original trilogy and got sick of seeing Poe/Finn shippers, Kylo Ren fanboys and gifs of Han dying Prequel trilogy was a massive disappointment and I just don't feel like I need more films, but everyone keeps telling me how good Rogue One is so I might make that an exception
look, i hated star wars, didn't see the appeal at all, had it blacklisted everywhere. and then i went and saw rogue one and i was like, "oh my god, i get it now!!!" and went and (re-)watched every SW film. i have some friends who are big SW fans who are kinda meh on it, but it converted a non-fan to a fan, so take from that what you will. i just ADORE jyn.

Quote:
And who the hell loves Kylo Ren???
straight girls. who else??

Quote:
I use xkit but it pisses me off that I lose all my saved stuff if I have to format my pc or even reinstall my browser from scratch.
same. what a pain in the ass.

Quote:
If only tumblr suvivor and xkit worked for tumblr mobile.
i wish.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
right? I don't even use tumblr on my phone because of that - and because it's a massive data hogger.
I wish I had the restraint not to use it.