View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
My time at college this week was spent telling people about Spanish shows that I watch. One of them even googled what El Internado was about cause I was talking about it so much, and the trailer for lcdc My teacher almost had a heart attack when I asked if I could review El Internado as part of our TV review assignment. Like the brief just says I have to review a TV show, it's not specific over what language it is in or if your Teacher has to have watched it and she freaked the fck out, it was so funny cause the whole class looked round as I was explaining THIS IS NOT MY FAULT, IT IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TURNED INTO She's like 'No it has to be in English cause even though I'm not watching I need to be able to understand what you're talking about' and I'm like 'I can find you an English translation, please let me talk about how great this show is' and then someone suggested I just review an ep of Riverdale and my Teacher's jumping on that like 'YES PLEASE LET US TALK ABOUT RIVERDALE ALL DAY LONG, I AM A GOOD PERSON I DO NOT DESERVE THIS STUFF BEING THROWN AT ME' so I was like 'Fine I'll cover an ep of Riverdale but you are missing out on glory' and my Teacher's all like 'Oh my dayz I was really scared for a minute, there isn't a mandate on this, I don't know what I'm supposed to do' She's glad lcdc is on next Friday and I have to give her this draft by next Tuesday to be completed for the week after, cause otherwise I would've had 2 fabulous shows to choose from cause I may love you GH but you didn't give enough screen time to the Queen that was Sofia and I was only really interested in 1 storyline that involved my OTP so there's not a lot for me to write about there, whilst El Internado is just one trip and a half. I paused watching at the ep where Hector heard Pedro's phone ringing in Elsa's room so I am very much assuming he was finally able to put those dots together & realize they're screwing on the side, cause if after that you still can't work stuff out? Deserve what you get
but .... like .... how could she not understand el internado? SHE JUST SAID SHE'S NOT WATCHING ANY OF THE SHOWS. how is it easier to understand a show you've NEVER seen, but is in english, versus another show you've never seen, that's in spanish?? does she think spanish dramas have some kind of plots that english speakers can't understand?????? smdh at people who are prejudiced against shows just because they're not in english. also **** riverdale tbh.

don't worry, hector will figure it out tho. i actually like elsa a LOT, but it takes a while to warm up to her. she goes through a lot and becomes a great character.
S T A R D U S T