Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2016, 09:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
^ Guys, they talk about SEX where I work. How's that for gross?

Sometimes I really feel like giving up on what I do

2) I am painfully aware that I shouldn't have made this big of a deal out of a sandal. It's ridiculous and it's irrational, when you think about how it escalated and how it wouldn't have if I'd just ignored it, like I normally would. I'd even tell a fellow teacher to ignore it cause it's not worth it. But at the same time...WHY should I ignore it? WHY should I accept having a student disrupt my class? How long can you put up with everything that I just wrote here? What's even the point of putting up with it?
Please don't give up on what you do! Teaching is so important, and so undervalued in our society, but don't give up on it! and don't feel bad about going ballistic over the sandal incident. It sounds like this was the last in a long line of straws, and you'd be inhuman if you didn't finally break. Plus, this kid needs to understand that his behavior matters, and it's not okay, and he needs to finally face some consequences.

I teach English too, college so thankfully the students are a bit more mature, but still it can be really hard sometimes. So I sympathize, and I just want to say that what you do matters, and can make a real difference in kids' lives, even if day-to-day it doesn't always seem that way.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you so much for saying this, I really needed it!
Old 09-24-2016, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds like you need a hug Ju. I don't know how you teachers put up with everything you do.

Quote:
^ Guys, they talk about SEX where I work. How's that for gross?
No. Just no.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
i LOVED S1&2 of the blacklist but i lost interest in S3. i hate tom sfm and i hate that they keep pushing liz/tom (she deserves better! and by better i mean she doesn't need a love interest at all). and i didn't like the cheap plotline they used about faking liz's death. it was so cheap. the show used to be good but even though i've thought about finishing S3, i just can't bring myself to. maybe one day.
Yeah 1 and 2 were the best, for me 3's not too far behind though, but like you say faking Liz' death was a bit naff. S3 ends quite strongly, bar the fakery and sets up S4 well, I'm just hoping that the whole of S4 isn't devoted to that story line. I'm not mentioning in case you haven't seen, but if you have you'll know what I mean. Having watched the first episode of S4 I've a bad feeling that Liz/Tom is here for the duration, love overcomes all trite, in their case at least. He's more lives than the proverbial cat!!

Anybody watching Dark Matter? It's sorta Firefly without the man who will remain nameless and Cowboys. It's nothing super special, but worth a watch. S2 has just finished and it'll be back for S3.

I used to work in a school and some of the stuff the kids talk about made me blush, loss of innocence so young, so sad. So feeling for you Ju and all others who have to deal with similar.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I've a bad feeling that Liz/Tom is here for the duration, love overcomes all trite
ugh. i loved the blacklist for the liz & red pseudo-parent relationship and individually they are great characters, but liz/tom detracts so much for that.

i'm not really watching much these days. honestly there are a few shows i binge on netflix when they come out (like kimmy schmidt) but i usually don't watch too many shows in real time. i just get disinterested so easily.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've a bad feeling that Liz/Tom is here for the duration, love overcomes all trite, in their case at least.
gross. glad I quit watching 2 seasons ago.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
gross. glad I quit watching 2 seasons ago.
it wasn't bad in s1-2, but s3 became unbearable
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sounds like you need a hug Ju. I don't know how you teachers put up with everything you do.
Quote:
I used to work in a school and some of the stuff the kids talk about made me blush, loss of innocence so young, so sad. So feeling for you Ju and all others who have to deal with similar.
Thanks for the support, guys
Old 09-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Thanks for the support, guys
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-26-2016, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Work was so boring today and the boredom just made me even tireder, so now I have a headache. It's only Monday.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:24 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Work was so boring today and the boredom just made me even tireder, so now I have a headache. It's only Monday.
that sucks.

i have a long week ahead of me at work. ugh.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

same, twisty. at least there's act II of carmilla season 3 this week to look forward to (also, westworld on sunday)

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was thisclose to taking a day off today. Against my better judgement I went in and I regret it.

Can the weekend be here already?
Old 09-27-2016, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bah, why FF?
Old 09-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
same, twisty. at least there's act II of carmilla season 3 this week to look forward to (also, westworld on sunday)
oh, i totally forgot about act II
S T A R D U S T