Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

yeah, I think it starts in a week? IDK. I only plan on watching westworld this season. I'm also going to check out powerless, though I'm not big on comedies (or vanessa hudgens) and will be forced to watch an episode of macgyver for amy acker

and I'm keeping an eye on supergirl, assuming the gay happens (not holding my breath, though).

there's also netflix's altered carbon, but that's not until next year.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I thought Powerless wasn't out til mid season? I'm only checking it out for Vanessa because she's pretty good at the comedy but the show doesn't seem like my kind of thing.

I'm thinking of just watching Supergirl through tumblr gifsets. If something interesting happens I'm sure someone will reblog it.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

yeah, not out until midseason. still something I might give a try. early reviews have been pretty positive. we'll see.

Quote:
If something interesting happens I'm sure someone will reblog it.
I see folks already shipping them hardcore on twitter, so I'm sure I'll find out either way

first 17 episodes of carmilla season 3 are out today

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-17-2016, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well that's good to hear. There was a time when I'd know all about Vanessa's work and now I hardly know anything about a show she's on.

I saw a bit of that too.

I wish I could get into Carmilla. I don't think I ever finished watching the second season.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

I don't blame you. season 2 was awful and pretty much killed half the fandom

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-18-2016, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad to know it wasn't just me then.

I'm so tired. I'm pretty sure I ate too much at lunch and it's just made me sleepy.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never even started Carmilla season 2.

I've been sick so I binge-watched watched Stranger Things and it's so good. #justiceforBarb
Old 09-18-2016, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I've binged watched several programs over the last few months:

The Blacklist. I'm not a big James Spader fan but he's great in this. My only negative, Liz's husband is a complete wanker yet she keeps going back to him, I really don't get it. All the same it's what I'm looking forward to most this year.

I watched Supergirl, it was a bit of fun, hopefully it'll continue in a similar vein.

First Secretary or some such with Tia Leoni had its moments, but the final episode of the last season I watched was quite farcical and I haven't been able to go back.

Continuum, I think, I know it's finished but it had its moments too. A touch confusing at times maybe.

What's Stranger Things about?

Also if you get the chance check out Beck, it's a Swedish crime drama and bloody brilliant.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by root (View Post)
I don't blame you. season 2 was awful and pretty much killed half the fandom
it was. but i actually am enjoying s3 a lot. maybe it's because it's back to a heavy focus on laura/carmilla, which is really the whole point of any carmilla adaption. and i think being able to binge several episodes at a time helps too, because then i'm not annoyed with the other characters showing up as much.

Quote:
I've been sick so I binge-watched watched Stranger Things and it's so good. #justiceforBarb
everyone loves ST but i binged it the day it came out and was honestly disappointed. they marketed it as being WAY darker and more horror-esque and it wasn't. plus i wanted more winona tbh. i didn't care about barb (imho she's been blown way out of proportion, she was just a standard horror/sci-fi plot device to get nancy into the mystery). the more people rave about how amazing ST is and how much they love barb, the less i like the show.

Quote:
The Blacklist. I'm not a big James Spader fan but he's great in this. My only negative, Liz's husband is a complete wanker yet she keeps going back to him, I really don't get it. All the same it's what I'm looking forward to most this year.
i LOVED S1&2 of the blacklist but i lost interest in S3. i hate tom sfm and i hate that they keep pushing liz/tom (she deserves better! and by better i mean she doesn't need a love interest at all). and i didn't like the cheap plotline they used about faking liz's death. it was so cheap. the show used to be good but even though i've thought about finishing S3, i just can't bring myself to. maybe one day.

personally i've been binge watching Queen of the South and that's a freaking awesome show. i'm loving it.
S T A R D U S T
Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

I liked ST but it is way too overrated and overhyped, in my opinion.

Quote:
Liz's husband
I quit TB because of him. enough said.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

I liked ST but it is way too overrated and overhyped, in my opinion.

Quote:
Liz's husband
I quit TB because of him. enough said.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-18-2016, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry I didn't post much this weekend, guys. But weekends are the only time my boyfriend and I get to see each other, since he's been traveling for work for months now
Old 09-18-2016, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

that's completely understandable, ju. don't worry about it

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 09-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks I hope you all have a great start to the week I know mine is gonna be hell as usual, I can't wait for this year to be over already, seriously
Old 09-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

tell me about it. I've had better years myself hang in there. it's almost over

have a good night/great start to the week, everyone

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]