Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2016, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Hey I don't think I've ventured in the OT thread here.

Quote:
Sorry I didn't post much this weekend, guys. But weekends are the only time my boyfriend and I get to see each other, since he's been traveling for work for months now
It's hard being away from the one you love Ju. My girlfriend and I are still living in different countries and we live for one week every month where we can be together.

Just look forward to the next time and the next and it'll get you through to the end of the year

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 09-18-2016 at 10:41 PM
Old 09-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. That's why when he's here I barely post at all, the weekend goes by so fast
Old 09-18-2016, 10:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Wrong thread.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah. That's why when he's here I barely post at all, the weekend goes by so fast
I know exactly what you mean. The peeps on my board know I'm vanishing for a week when I'm with her

At least it'll be done at the end of the year for you? That's something to look forward to

Old 09-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ No, what will be over at the end of the year is MY contract at my current job, not his
Old 09-18-2016, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
^ No, what will be over at the end of the year is MY contract at my current job, not his
Ah **** no end in sight is hard, I know that too.

Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever manage to make a life together. I'm no spring chicken so I'd rather not waste any more time

What does he do if I may ask?

Old 09-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He's a computer programmer.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Sucks that he has to travel for work. I would have thought programmers were pretty sedentary. Just your luck

How about your job? You're finishing with the school from hell at the end of the year then?

Old 09-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I will I don't know what to do after it ends, though, I might have to keep working there, I don't wanna be unemployed for God knows how long, again

Programmers ARE like that, but this company has clients all over the country I'm lucky he hasn't been sent even further away
Old 09-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
eah, I will I don't know what to do after it ends, though, I might have to keep working there, I don't wanna be unemployed for God knows how long, again
Yeah unemployed sucks. A bad job is better than no job. A great job is nice though so
You are going to look for something else next year even you keep working there, right?

Quote:
Programmer ARE like that, but this company has clients all over the country I'm lucky he hasn't been sent even further away
Yeah at least you have the weekends. It's still hard to be apart but you have something to hold on to. Maybe his company will keep him posted after a while

Old 09-18-2016, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm always looking. Nothing pans out, though. I mean, here in my town there's nothing better than what I already have. And outside here, there are much better schools, but they're all in much bigger cities, like São Paulo, and then the issue is what they pay is ridiculous considering how expensive it is to live there. Like, most schools will pay the same I make here. The truth is I chose the worst profession if my goal was to have a good work environment AND good pay.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

The work is coming, we will have our dream jobs. I just know it
Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amen
Old 09-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The work is coming, we will have our dream jobs. I just know it
Amen

Quote:
I mean, here in my town there's nothing better than what I already have. And outside here, there are much better schools, but they're all in much bigger cities, like São Paulo, and then the issue is what they pay is ridiculous considering how expensive it is to live there.
Yeah it's like Paris. Salaries are the same as everywhere else in the country but you need 6 times as much to make ends meet every month

Quote:
The truth is I chose the worst profession if my goal was to have a good work environment AND good pay.
I had a teacher who said teaching was like being a priest. You need a calling to get there and you are not rewarded until later
I have a lot of respect for people who teach though. It's a tough job and a thankless one and I'll always remember my teachers fondly. I learned a lot from them.

I should make a last try at sleep. I'm going to work in 5 hours

have a good Monday

Old 09-18-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You too, Carla