Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here it's not weird or funny at all, it's actually very normal for some people not to send their kids to school if it's raining a lot. Then again, I live in a place where we go months without rain, and when it does rain, it's so quick it's like it didn't even happen. So maybe that's why when it rains a lot like Monday, it's such an event As a teacher of 250 kids, having less of them for a day is a blessing, though, so may the rain come more often
Old 06-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
Here it's not weird or funny at all, it's actually very normal for some people not to send their kids to school if it's raining a lot. Then again, I live in a place where we go months without rain, and when it does rain, it's so quick it's like it didn't even happen. So maybe that's why when it rains a lot like Monday, it's such an event As a teacher of 250 kids, having less of them for a day is a blessing, though, so may the rain come more often
I really admire you. I couldn't be a teacher. Maybe a professor at the university with adults, but to teach children you have to have a great patience and... probably like it I also hate public performances at any kind, I don't see myself standing in from of 20 people every day, even if they are children
Old 06-02-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha, thank you I've been doing it for 13 years now, but I still get nervous every time a new semester starts
Old 06-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Haha, thank you I've been doing it for 13 years now, but I still get nervous every time a new semester starts
woah one of my best friends is a teacher, but she's only been doing it for a couple of years so far. she teaches at a university and she absolutely loves it. she's stone cold though, lmao, i would have hated to have her as a teacher.

i could never teach. i'm bad at teaching people in general and i have absolutely no patience.

on saturday i'm driving up to toronto! first time i've been there since before 2001, which is ridiculous. i'm going to a pvris concet on sunday and i'm staying with two friends who i've known since the dawn of time but have never actually met before (shockingly!). and i don't have to work tomorrow, so ofc i'm hyer af right now.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

YAY for no work, Twisty!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

well, i had to work a ****ing 15 hour day yesterday, that's why no work. BUT i'm taking monday off, so it's like a 4 day weekend AGAIN.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's amazing, I'm so jealous!
Old 06-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

thanks.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds like a fun weekend, Twist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
No, doctor's certificate doesn't change anything. In fact even if I was in hospital and had an operation this professor wouldn't understand and told me that I can take sick leave as an alternative to not pay for repeating a subject. Another funny thing is that it is actually my third and last test from this subject and I passed first two and will pass this one too eventually. I just don't understand how some people can't think for themselfs and blindly follow the rules.

Anyway, he will talk to dean about it and if the response will be negative I will go to him by myself that probably will be both hilarious and awkward
Seriously? That is ridiculous. I hope it goes well!

Quote:
You've never missed school or went home early because of rain/snow/etc? I never thought that was weird, I mean, if you have a car, okay, you can still go under pouring rain, but if you walk, like most of those kids do, you'll end up soaked and with a cold. Not to mention the school has so much open space that you get wet just coming and going to the different classrooms. AND the school doesn't even have a lightning conductor (is that what you call it?) and there was SO much lightning that day, so it wasn't even very safe for the kids to be there.
No? I mean, we don't get snow here much but even when it was soooo hot we still had to go to school. My parents were pretty strict about that and the school never sent us home for extreme weather.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Has Kevin Hanchard (Detective Arthur Bell) lost a tonne of weight since the show started?

An earlier season
Old 06-03-2016, 06:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks holden.

hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Than Perfect (View Post)
Seriously? That is ridiculous. I hope it goes well!
One of the reasons I have a serious issues with people in general
Old 06-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You too, Twisty

Quote:
I mean, we don't get snow here much but even when it was soooo hot we still had to go to school. My parents were pretty strict about that and the school never sent us home for extreme weather.
But why would anyone not go because it's hot? THAT one wouldn't make sense here, as we have hot weather almost all year round and barely have a winter So I guess maybe that's why this seemed so weird to you, missing school on a stormy day, what extreme weather is probably depends on where you live

And the school doesn't send anyone home, it's the parents that go pick them up.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliza (View Post)
One of the reasons I have a serious issues with people in general
People suck.

Quote:
But why would anyone not go because it's hot? THAT one wouldn't make sense here, as we have hot weather almost all year round and barely have a winter So I guess maybe that's why this seemed so weird to you, missing school on a stormy day, what extreme weather is probably depends on where you live

And the school doesn't send anyone home, it's the parents that go pick them up.
I suppose it is dependent on where you live. The part of Aus I live in honest to go gets four seasons of weather a day. Our highs in summer are like mid 40C and our winter lows are probably top of 10C. But when I went to school it wasn't that hot so our school had a rule that if the temperature went over 42C school would end and you could go home. I'm not sure it ever got to that point back then though.

My parents would have never picked me up.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Lucky you, or poor you?

I had kind of a crappy weekend