Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2017, 01:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hope they don't misunderstand those low ratings and think it was due to the lack of Mon-El.
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-26-2017, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hope they don't misunderstand those low ratings and think it was due to the lack of Mon-El.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Unfortunately I have seen people suggest this. Nothing to do with the stupid hiatus, might-as-well-not-be-there Alex, actually-not-there-Maggie and there basically being no story this week that moves the overall arc of the season forward (with tbf even TPTB don't know what that is) Nope! It's cause Bland-El isn't featured enough. I just need the ratings to go back up next week with Alex's episode (and the focus better be on her and Kara/Maggie interactions because I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE) so these headless chickens can let it sink in that when you have a decent plot and focus on the right characters? That's what makes people tune in. Like I'm 2 eps behind on Supergirl because I have no desire at all to watch but I know I gotta force myself ahead of next week
Old 04-26-2017, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately I have seen people suggest this.
of course he'll get just as little screentime next week and 220, though, so there's that. next week's being pegged as one of the best episodes of the season so even though the cw doesn't promote the show properly, at least the general audience isn't going to leave half way through the episode like they did this week that's how ****ing boring lena is.

I just want my gays back

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-26-2017, 03:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers (View Post)
that was a waste of an hour and did nothing but feed supercorpses delusions. I'm glad it got series low ratings. boring ass filler with no maggie and 10 seconds of alex and j'onn. get the **** out of here.
i'm still laughing that a supercrap heavy episode had ridiculously low ratings.

Quote:
I just want my gays back
me @ everything
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-26-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's this supercorp thing, anyway? I keep seeing gifsets on my Tumblr dash all the time
Old 04-26-2017, 10:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
What's this supercorp thing, anyway? I keep seeing gifsets on my Tumblr dash all the time
the queerbait non-canon ship that is supergirl (kara)/lena luther. supercorp basically was a fandom migration from supercat after cat grant left the show. katie mcgrath plays lena and katie is known for playing gay and/or bringing gay vibes to every character she plays, so ....... both kara and lena are hetero afaik, and the ship is never going to happen.

that doesn't stop supercorp fans from acting like somehow it's the pinnacle of lesbian representation (and ignoring the ACTUAL lesbian ship on the show, sanvers).

i know all of this and i don't even ship sanvers or watch SG. that's how annoying they are.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-26-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds VERY stupid
Old 04-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
that doesn't stop supercorp fans from acting like somehow it's the pinnacle of lesbian representation (and ignoring the ACTUAL lesbian ship on the show, sanvers).
Forever annoy me these douches slept on Dracula. Like yeah Katie can give off gay vibes with the characters she plays but that's just cause she's not a great actress like ilu but between the acting & accent u make it hard for me but you've had a show where she ACTUALLY played a canon gay character & not one of these peeps paid attention yet now they're all for screaming diversity & love AND completely ignoring an actual couple on the show who give you that? gtfo

If it wasn't for the fact my mum really struggles to understand plots when I skip a few episodes, I really would just skip over the last 2eps and jump back into Supergirl next week. But alas I must deal and if we don't get multiple scenes that last longer than 20 seconds of Kara/Maggie interacting, a decent longer than 1 minute scene when Maggie/Alex reunite after she's saved and a Kara/Maggie/Alex scene in the aftermath (that's right! I want separate scenes) I will scream.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what sucks, if only people were genuinely interested in diversity and representation, but no, they just want to see their imaginary ship to come true, **** everything else.

It'd be awesome if the show could have more than one LGBT couple (it seems like most writers think that's impossible), but queerbaiting is not the way to do that
Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
It'd be awesome if the show could have more than one LGBT couple (it seems like most writers think that's impossible), but queerbaiting is not the way to do that
This basically. It seriously annoys me that people act like they should get a pat on the back for having an LGBT character on a show & a couple is like you're breaking the internet! When LGBT characters are treated the same as straight characters in terms of storylines, character development, screen time and ffs not being killed like we're going out of business? Well I'm still not patting your back cause this shouldn't be an alien concept but I'll be a little happier. I hate the way people in fandoms latch onto what they think should be lgbt representation whilst ignoring actual, and if you point it out they accuse you of being homophobic, not understanding and trying to police them. Do they not realize that by treating the most basic thing like an LGBT character existing or interacting with another like the holy grail, they're giving tptb the impression that doing the bare minimum is acceptable & they can just deal with the critic when they mismanage or kill characters off cause as long as they pop another out the factory peeps will be happy? /endrant
Old 04-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmilla (View Post)
i've never followed his works very closely, so i know he's an idiot who everyone hates, at least.
You might find this an enlightening read: Steven Moffat is a Douchebag - The Masterlist | STFU Moffat

Quote:
that was a waste of an hour and did nothing but feed supercorpses delusions.
I always want to puke in my mouth a bit when they compare Kara/Lena to Korra and Asami from LoK. Aside from some similar face value similarities they are in NO WAY comparable.

Speaking of LoK the comic series will be out in June and it's not going to shy away from the Korrasami romance.

Quote:
i'm still laughing that a supercrap heavy episode had ridiculously low ratings.
I'm still laughing that the episode managed to not pass (or barely if it did somewhere) the Bechdel Test despite all their screentime together. I think it's the first time ever SG hasn't passed it.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBleyton4ever (View Post)
Forever annoy me these douches slept on Dracula. Like yeah Katie can give off gay vibes with the characters she plays but that's just cause she's not a great actress like ilu but between the acting & accent u make it hard for me but you've had a show where she ACTUALLY played a canon gay character & not one of these peeps paid attention yet now they're all for screaming diversity & love AND completely ignoring an actual couple on the show who give you that? gtfo
ARE YOU ME

forever bitter that these idiots slept on lucy westenra/lumina because it was so great and oh, look, it's an ACTUAL lesbian character (which they don't REALLY want, because subtext is ~~~better than text )

Quote:
That's what sucks, if only people were genuinely interested in diversity and representation, but no, they just want to see their imaginary ship to come true, **** everything else.
if supercrap was the actual canon couple and sanvers were not, all these fans would be wanting sanvers to be canon instead. the idiot fangirls who love queerbait ships ALWAYS prefer the queerbait/non-canon ships over the canon ships. and there's almost always a low-key racism vibe to it too ...

Quote:
This basically. It seriously annoys me that people act like they should get a pat on the back for having an LGBT character on a show & a couple is like you're breaking the internet! When LGBT characters are treated the same as straight characters in terms of storylines, character development, screen time and ffs not being killed like we're going out of business? Well I'm still not patting your back cause this shouldn't be an alien concept but I'll be a little happier. I hate the way people in fandoms latch onto what they think should be lgbt representation whilst ignoring actual, and if you point it out they accuse you of being homophobic, not understanding and trying to police them. Do they not realize that by treating the most basic thing like an LGBT character existing or interacting with another like the holy grail, they're giving tptb the impression that doing the bare minimum is acceptable & they can just deal with the critic when they mismanage or kill characters off cause as long as they pop another out the factory peeps will be happy? /endrant

Quote:
I always want to puke in my mouth a bit when they compare Kara/Lena to Korra and Asami from LoK.
they've compared supercrap to lumina and it makes me want to shoot myself in the kneecap.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's the first time ever SG hasn't passed it.
well, lena and kara are both straight and kara is dating the poster child for a frat house so... what did ya'll expect. at least alex and maggie never talk about men... ever. so glad they are both lesbians and a penis will never be creeping around waiting for scraps (like dyson on lost girl)

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
and a penis will never be creeping around waiting for scraps (like dyson on lost girl)
i remember how rabid the dybot shippers were back in the day. so glad that doccubus was endgame for good, it shut everyone up once and for all.
S T A R D U S T