Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2017, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
this board and OB in general have been really key in helping me feel more comfortable with myself and my sexuality

Spoiler:
Old 04-03-2017, 01:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler:
Old 04-03-2017, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I definitely know that I can always talk to all of you about it. Tbh this board and OB in general have been really key in helping me feel more comfortable with myself and my sexuality, so thanks
anytime, bb

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-04-2017, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

There's a lesbian character in 13 Reasons Why, but I'm half way through and she's not having the best time or being represented in the best light, so that's disappointing. I mean, it's HS, but still some of it is harsh.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, in Brazilian soap operas people from other countries will only say things like "yes", "no", "thank God", "mom", "dad" and stuff like that in their language. I could never understand why, yes and no sure aren't the words we like most in any language, why would you cling to them when speaking a foreign language??

That reminds me how much I hate when Delphine answers with "oui" and "non" in every Cophine fic

Last edited by Aurora Cormier; 04-04-2017 at 08:59 PM
Old 04-05-2017, 03:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Cormier (View Post)
^ Yeah, in Brazilian soap operas people from other countries will only say things like "yes", "no", "thank God", "mom", "dad" and stuff like that in their language. I could never understand why, yes and no sure aren't the words we like most in any language, why would you cling to them when speaking a foreign language??

That reminds me how much I hate when Delphine answers with "oui" and "non" in every Cophine fic
so dumb.

in america, people often drop foreign words into conversations all the time (even if they can't speak the foreign language). little things "yes", "no", and "thank you", and it's usually french or spanish (i think this is because most people in america either learn spanish or french in school).

i know i randomly drop foreign words into conversations all the time -- well, when i'm speaking casually, not like meeting a client for work -- and it's just because sometimes they feel more "natural" to say.

dunno if it's like that for other countries with english.

fic tho is just annoying.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
she's not having the best time or being represented in the best light
shocking.

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'M DYING

S T A R D U S T
Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am not ashamed to admit I have replayed that trailer too many times It is so bloody good & I'm so excited! I don't care what assignments or football I have that is getting watched as soon as its released And finishing GH this weekend itsbeen84years.GIF It was so weird though watching that trailer cause I originally watched it in Spanish & had no idea wtf anyone was saying, then with an English dub & subtitles which just felt so strange and abnormal to my ears, and then I finally watched it in Spanish with English subs & normality was restored And that small bit of Yon was totally awesome

I also saw GIF's of Ingobernable and I need to hurry up & watch that show.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
then with an English dub & subtitles
whaaaaaat? oh god, why?? i first saw it in spanish with spanish subs, then spanish with english subs. anything else would be The Worst.

Quote:
that is getting watched as soon as its released
SAME i'm actually taking april 28th off of work, that's how much i'm invested. i wanna make soooooo many gifs.

Quote:
And finishing GH this weekend itsbeen84years.GIF
you need to watch el internado too

S T A R D U S T
Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
whaaaaaat? oh god, why?? i first saw it in spanish with spanish subs, then spanish with english subs. anything else would be The Worst.
It was the weirdest thing, my brain couldn't compute & totally threw me out of sync Every time I watch that LCDC trailer I find something new to love about it

Quote:
you need to watch el internado too
On my summer watch list since I got like 2 and a half months to kill till Uni I am very much looking forward to it & I only just realized Pulsaciones (because I'm completely incapable of reading) is coming out to the UK & the trailer got me sold.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Every time I watch that LCDC trailer I find something new to love about it
saaaaaaame

Quote:
On my summer watch list since I got like 2 and a half months to kill till Uni
you'll love it, it's great.

Quote:
I only just realized Pulsaciones (because I'm completely incapable of reading) is coming out to the UK & the trailer got me sold.
oh, right, i forgot it was coming out in the UK! is there an english sub trailer anywhere? i want to re-watch it and understand the details.
S T A R D U S T
Old 04-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
oh, right, i forgot it was coming out in the UK! is there an english sub trailer anywhere? i want to re-watch it and understand the details.
I tried looking but I couldn't find one So from my rough understanding of Spanish, the trailer description & what's on screen I gather someone dies and sht goes down. I didn't realize the guy from another show I watch was in it so that was a welcome surprise, but as always I'm here for the ladies plot

Quote:
saaaaaaame
After a few watches of the trailer I was disgressing that Blanca Suarez is quite cute & then I kept wondering where I'd seen her before cause I forgot she's in El Internado which made me feel like a bad Sammy But like the 2 things that get me watching a show is a cutie or good plot, and when a show looks to have both of them? I feel very confident in my choices