Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

However the more interesting aspect to it was what Dana Walden had to say about Abbie's demise. Seems they had no other alternative....

I understand full well why NB wanted out of her contract. TPTB at SH, treated Nicole like crap, diminished her role as a witness, left her off the commentary etc., and their very comments since she has been gone give credence to all of it. TPTB at SH, treated NB like they have treated most of her fan base with total distain. And now, that she is gone they could not take the high road even now, and thank her for three seasons. I know Spin when I read it and these tales of Tom Mison being the main draw from the beginning is total crap. Who knew of Tom Mison before SH? I knew of Orlando and Nicole, period. They hired Nicole first--and today, after Diane Walden's interview--I hope SH fails miserably when it returns. IMO, they did not deserve to be renewed and now that they have--- I hope the majority of the fan base shows them the same distain they've shown us and not tune in to watch this disaster of a show, may it crash and burn.

Last edited by msgeemd; 05-16-2016 at 06:40 PM
Old 05-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I’ve been saying since season one, since I watched New York Comic Con, that Nicole was being made to feel less than. She was the co-lead, she was popular and fans loved her with her male co-star. Unfortunately, I think TPTB were so hell bent on making Ichabod and Katrina a thing, that they started playing Nicole down and her character’s importance in the story and beside Ichabod.

I always remember Nicole looking down whenever asked about the Ichabbie dynamic or her own character’s importance. It was like she was ashamed and felt unworthy. I knew back then where this show was going. It never made any sense to have a duo fans so loved and yet do everything to play it down.

Now, reading them talk about Ichabod being the sole focus of the show just goes to show what little respect they had for Nicole and her character. The show was a hit when it was about the Witnesses. It suffered when they pushed Abbie aside to focus on Crane’s love life and familial problems. How dare they insinuate the show will be exciting with Crane alone. Seriously, good luck with that.

And God bless Tom. I believe he’s probably a great person. But he is not a big star. Not in America or anywhere else in the world. Nicole came to this show having only been in the business 5 years and yet she’d already starred in three films (American Violet, My Last Day Without You and Apartment 4E) appeared in several others as a co-star. Nicole’s star was rising and outside of Orlando Jones, she was the most well known person in the cast.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Im starting to think Orlando may have been asked to leave in s2 because he was trying to speak up for Nicole. Either way, it sounded like there was a lot of discord on that set between quite a few people. Season two they suddenly gave the axe to Orlando Jones, John Noble, and Katia Winter. Orlando and John had huge movie careers so to say sayonara to them so quickly was very puzzling. And then Joe was killed off pretty darn fast in s3 too. There wasn't any closure for these deaths and from what it sounds like, the actors didn't get much closure either. I too can understand why Nicole may have wanted out of this volatile environment.

Playing devils advocate however, Ive been on both sides of this. Wanting out and working with someone who wants out and let me tell ya its no fun working with someone who has one foot out the door. You can be as professional as possible but everyone is human too. I think much of what went down we will never know about. Who knows, maybe with enough fans they can float through another season. Stranger things have happened. Ive said it before--I wont be along for that ride but I dont wish ill of them. I hope Tom finds success and the remaining fans that stick around can keep this board alive.

Last edited by violasghost; 05-16-2016 at 06:41 PM
Old 05-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just believe if everyone wants out of the contract than obviously it's something the showrunners and crew are doing wrong to make some case members feel uncomfortable and that's what I dislike the most.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Well the board can only continue if people keep posting since a lot of fans understandably left the board...
I have no feelings about the renewal, and I'm not relived, or even happy. So... yeah.
I'll wait to see the spoilers before Season 4 to see if I'll be watching it because right now, it seems like I won't be.

I'm the same... I don't think the show will be the same without both of the main characters
Old 05-17-2016, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I'm the same... I don't think the show will be the same without both of the main characters
I seem confident in not believing the show will be the same however, the reason why I'm not letting the board go is for the fans who still love the show and want to continue.
I pretty much gave up on the show right after the season 3 finale though.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

gotta keep posting
Old 05-23-2016, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes we will to try to keep the board alive.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

We'll do our best to keep the board open.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia Borgia (View Post)
We'll do our best to keep the board open.
so far we are doing good
Old 05-31-2016, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraliax2 (View Post)
so far we are doing good
Yes, we are!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:24 AM
Extreme Fan

helping the board