Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

I have been thinking about a possible board closure for Sleepy Hollow even before I took over this board which has really started lacking with interest as the show decline in quality and ratings. It seems that the latest news about one of the co-leads leaving the show sparked discussion but ultimately chased more fans away from the board. Right now the board is averaging 15 post per day, with only the mod eternal◘fate posting each day and a board can not survive with only one regular post when a board needs 15 post per day to survive.

I would be happy to hear suggestions, or even opinions about what do you feel the fate of the board should be? If most people are in agreement to close the board than I'll be accepting to contacting the administrator Jerry D to let him know it was a group decision to close down this board. If you want the board to stay then you most post.

The key to all boards is posting. Even if you lurk, sadly it does not bring in the 15 mandatory post that the board needs to survive. If it were my choice, I'd like to keep the board around awhile longer to wait to see more news and just to post about when the show was as great as it was during Season 1. I value everyone's opinions and I really want to see how everyone feels about the Sleepy Hollow board at this moment. Do you feel you can at least contribute to posting? or do you feel you are ready to let the board go as you plan to let the show go.

Remember this is a discussion thread, so everyone's opinion is valued.

Thanks for all things,
Tia.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Possible Board Closure

Tia, first I'd like to thank administrator, Jerry D, and all of the moderators of this board past and present. I'd hate to see the SH board closed; however, for me personally --unless a miracle happens and they fire the current, PTB; and bring in the season one producers, writers etc., and bring back NB, then and only then will I ever watch SH again.
I do not trust and will never trust the current PTB---ever again. They had no respect for the Ichabbie fandom and they do not and will not receive my support on any level.

I cannot commit to posting each day-- however, as a suggestion: perhaps there are enough posters willing to commit to the 15 post needed each day; until Fox makes a decision re: renewal or cancellation of the show. Then at that time you can make a final decision whether to keep the board open or close it. I can truly say, I love the Ichabbie fandom and some of the other threads as well. You all have been great and it has been my great pleasure to support and be a part of this board.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
Tia, first I'd like to thank administrator, Jerry D, and all of the moderators of this board past and present. I'd hate to see the SH board closed; however, for me personally --unless a miracle happens and they fire the current, PTB; and bring in the season one producers, writers etc., and bring back NB, then and only then will I ever watch SH again.
I do not trust and will never trust the current PTB---ever again. They had no respect for the Ichabbie fandom and they do not and will not receive my support on any level.

I cannot commit to posting each day-- however, as a suggestion: perhaps there are enough posters willing to commit to the 15 post needed each day; until Fox makes a decision re: renewal or cancellation of the show. Then at that time you can make a final decision whether to keep the board open or close it. I can truly say, I love the Ichabbie fandom and some of the other threads as well. You all have been great and it has been my great pleasure to support and be a part of this board.
Well said, and I agree with this. I can try posting more, now that I started, but I do believe the show is done for without Nicole.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

No Abbie, No Nicole Beharie, Sleepy Hollow is dead

This is the best decision to close this board.
You have been a great mod Tia
Old 04-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry to hear that,i have been behind on this show that's why I haven't been able to post a lot
you have done a great job tia

I think maybe wait to see if theres gonna be another season before we close

i can try and post more, ive seen spoilers on whats been happening but theres still aspects of the show i like

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 04-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I was thinking of waiting to May because we should find out all the news by then. So I think it's best to see all the news that happens in May, and if it doesn't look good, it'll be time to just close the board.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I was thinking of waiting to May because we should find out all the news by then. So I think it's best to see all the news that happens in May, and if it doesn't look good, it'll be time to just close the board.
I think this is very fair. And, if you hear something sooner, then you'll know what action to take. Thanks for being so wonderful.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgeemd (View Post)
I think this is very fair. And, if you hear something sooner, then you'll know what action to take. Thanks for being so wonderful.
Thank you, you are wonderful as well.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I totally agree with you! Thanks for your efforts!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrezia Borgia (View Post)
I totally agree with you! Thanks for your efforts!
No Problemo. I would love the board to keep on going but of course with lack of posting and how many people gave up on the show (understandably) it's difficult.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
No Problemo. I would love the board to keep on going but of course with lack of posting and how many people gave up on the show (understandably) it's difficult.
There's no point in kicking a dead horse, if people won't post., I understand that completely! But you've done a great job with the forum! The show had incredible potential and the showrunners manage to screw up a surefire success. Way to go, showrunners!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess with new showrunners each season, it should've been expected.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, they should have kept the originals.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree
Old 04-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Waiting until May is kinda the perfect middle ground, I think. I would hate to see the board close, but I think it's going to be an uphill battle for it.

Even during this past season, with Abbie still there, it got very slow at times, suggesting there just hasn't been enough interest in the show.

S3 didn't seem to reignite a lot of interest.... With me personally, there just wasn't much I was interested in talking about.

~Kat