Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

^Cool! Since your both really intrigued and focused; do you prefer this Ichabod, the movie version with Johnny Depp, or the Disney version?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

I prefer this. Never liked the Disney version. I would love to see Ichabod see himself as a cartoon and labeled as the ultimate coward. I dont remember if he was always considered a coward in the tales, I think so. But I really like that he's not, and TOm really makes me love the character. And I have a confession.. I love Johnny Depp, but have never seen Sleepy Hollow.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Passionate Fan

This Ichabod Crane is my favorite.
I think the cartoon maligns the character and makes him the ultimate coward.
Johnny Depps' portrayal was more wary than coward; much better. The movie is very good and is worth watching. I just might do that myself.

Cowards are not fun to watch for me.

There was another guy from the story, Brom Bones??? who wanted Katerina's hand and who was scaring Ichabod? Can anyone clear that up for me?
Old 11-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There was another guy from the story, Brom Bones??? who wanted Katerina's hand and who was scaring Ichabod? Can anyone clear that up for me?
Yeah he's Katerina's suitor and he scares Ichabob out of town due to Ichabob having a crush on Katerina.

He's in the movie Sleepy Hollow (the Johnny Depp one) but his fate in the film is a bit different from the original short story.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

I guess I'm going to have to watch the movie with Mr Depp then.

I just realized that my son's friends go to Icabod Crane high school..lol

We have a lot of history around us. I work at the East Greenbush High school, and we have a student name Rip Van Winkle, after the his famous great great ?grandfather..lol of course I need to add that this Rip Van Winkle is famous for the namesake of the story that Washington Irving wrote there was no Rip Van Winkle that slept for 40 years really lol

As far as history goes does anyone know why my area of New York, (Upper Hudson Valley) a bit outside Albany NY have the names of Rip Van Winkle and Ichabod Crane and not farther south where the actual Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are?
That is a question I have never been able to solve

Last edited by Rhonwen; 11-14-2013 at 06:19 PM
Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Is Sleepy Hollow and Terrytown part of the Bronx New York borough; or separate from it?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
As far as history goes does anyone know why my area of New York, (Upper Hudson Valley) a bit outside Albany NY have the names of Rip Van Winkle and Ichabod Crane and not farther south where the actual Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are?
Not sure. Probably won't get an answer.

Quote:
s Sleepy Hollow and Terrytown part of the Bronx New York borough; or separate from it?
I'm not familiar with NY, but I want to say no.

April
Old 11-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Is Sleepy Hollow and Terrytown part of the Bronx New York borough; or separate from it?
They're separate. That's all I know.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I guess I'm going to have to watch the movie with Mr Depp then.

I just realized that my son's friends go to Icabod Crane high school..lol

We have a lot of history around us. I work at the East Greenbush High school, and we have a student name Rip Van Winkle, after the his famous great great ?grandfather..lol of course I need to add that this Rip Van Winkle is famous for the namesake of the story that Washington Irving wrote there was no Rip Van Winkle that slept for 40 years really lol

Awesome. Ca-razy for a name like that. Now I'm going to have to look it up and see what you are talking about. I thought Rip was just a fictional person.

That is a name I've not thought about, Rip Van Winkle. He certainly can make an appearance in the show.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Awesome. Ca-razy for a name like that. Now I'm going to have to look it up and see what you are talking about. I thought Rip was just a fictional person.

That is a name I've not thought about, Rip Van Winkle. He certainly can make an appearance in the show.
The story is of course fictional. But there are van WInkle's that live in our area. And Rip is a family name. I would never name my child Rip. When I moved outt his way I noticed that we have a Rip Van Winkle bridge but I thoguht it was a fictional character too.

I just find it intersting all the history and the fact that tihs show takes place in areas not far from me..
Old 11-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was looking back at the beginning of the thread.
Quote:
And secondly, I didn't know whether or not a character's return to the show was a spoiler or not, but it was in the official episode synopsis that I found. But I know some people don't wish to be spoiled, so I put it under spoiler tags
I believe it's not considered a spoiler, especially since it's in the official synopsis. But if you're not sure you could always just leave that out.

April
Old 11-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
The story is of course fictional. But there are van WInkle's that live in our area. And Rip is a family name. I would never name my child Rip. When I moved outt his way I noticed that we have a Rip Van Winkle bridge but I thoguht it was a fictional character too.

I just find it intersting all the history and the fact that tihs show takes place in areas not far from me..
That is very cool and it must be kinda freaky, too.

Hopefully Headless does not roam your roads.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

sleepy hollow → one picspam per episode
└ 1x07 - the midnight ride
notsosilentwallflower

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 09-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Moderator Support Team