Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Awesome episode! Well, I guess we found out the captain isn't part of any organizations and he's just an ordinary guy that they can trust. This also applies to Luke. I always had suspicions about them from the start; in that they both knew more then they were letting on, like Andy did. However; there can still be people at the station or in town that are part of it as Corbin said in his investigation tapes. Luke seems now uncertain of himself. He just saw Andy and he can't decide whether to heed his advice or not. I just wish that he'd gone to Abbie and told her everything and then she'd be honest and tell him everything from day 1 of what's been happening. Also, I still think Irving's family are witches and waitng for Katrina's return and Luke has a part in all this; without him knowing about it yet. I can't wait till next week.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Best episode since the pilot! What a sneaky way to end it, though.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Agreed that this episode is second to the pilot. It was really good with the inclusion of history and a bit of lesson for us for it was the poem by Longfellow who got the details of the cry and location wrong.

This show always makes me look things up and I learn.

I wondered where all the skulls came from and it was shown witht he first skull that they were mere decorations for Halloween. Brilliant.

IT was good to learn that Captain Irving and Luke Gonzalez are ordinary people and have no other information. This show cleared up and reservation we could have had about these two knowing more.

The ending was done very well with they way Headless was captured.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

i can't decide on which scene was my favorite. the one with the computer, the museum. oh no wait, it was the scene with the straw. man was that funny. all i can think about is someone looping him sucking on that straw for a really long time all the while cutting to abbie with that look on her face. that would be priceless.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, the episode was the second best next to the pilot.

I really loved all Ichabod's scenes. Especially the one with the computer.

April
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes. Curious if Andy sold his soul for Abbie. He seriously seems like to have a hard on for her and I definitely don't trust him after his first scene with Luke.

I loved LOVED the scenes with Ichabob and his rants about the water, Paul Revere, and his interaction with the internet. Also his voice-mail/letter was hilarious.

I like that Irving is in on it now. I really thought he knew more than he let on but apparently not. Luke I figured didn't know either but he's figuring it out thanks to Andy. Though I'm curious how Andy found this stuff out and leading to him selling his soul.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 11-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I agree, the episode was the second best next to the pilot.

I really loved all Ichabod's scenes. Especially the one with the computer.
the sex chat was hilarious!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Remember last week's episode and the guy who was writing the insurection pamphlets, Bernard? The name he used to be incognito was "Cisero" same name as the one etched upon the back Headless's front teeth.

ETA:
Who is Cisero?

I know the name is historical so I looked it up and found out that it was the name of a great Roman orator and politician. ]Much of European language systems are built on what he laid down. He also died of being decapitated.

Last edited by Mysterious Island Girl; 11-12-2013 at 02:33 PM
Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

one of the best episode for sure, i had so much fun watching it

i was laughing my head off (pun intended) jumped a few times when the skull eyes open and during capt jones lab scenes , i'd jump then giggles stupidly loll just remembering is making me lol

my fav scene is ichabod pulling on the straw ,and abby's face is priceless before she starts laughing

very happy john cho was back , that should calm some people on imdb who were wondering where he was at

as much as i love ichabod and abby , this episode to me highlighted the captain , he was badass , i thought for a sec he was going to lose his head but nope he showed he had ressources and the will to survive a crazy situation he can't comprehend i exclaimed "WELL HELLO CAPTAIN !!!"

loved that they went there about jefferson and sally hemmings , they def didnt shy away from sparking up that convo with ichabod who has to confronts the memory of the person he knows with the person history and time has exposed
just goes to show jefferson was a much more complex man than the founding father glossed over lore would let you know
loved ichabod answer to it something about not knowing people like helllo welcome to a true truth about people

i have to say glad about luke development here , nicole has good to crazy chemistry with her coworkers , i saw something there between them as in i could see that they had dated indeed and there was def something there still on luke's part even if clearly abby has moved on

which made me think about other duos lack of chemistry but oh welll shhh ...

all in all a fun and very enjoyable episode and the end was great and all i could say was whaaat its over nooooo i was enjoying myself like a kid on a ride who doesnt want to get off

monday are we there yet? lol

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 11-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Remember last week's episode and the guy who was writing the insurection pamphlets, Bernard? The name he used to be incognito was "Cisero" same name as the one etched upon the back Headless's front teeth.

ETA:
Who is Cisero?

I know the name is historical so I looked it up and found out that it was the name of a great Roman orator and politician. ]Much of European language systems are built on what he laid down. He also died of being decapitated.
you should check out hbo series rome if you want to put a face and characterisation to the name

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 11-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
as much as i love ichabod and abby , this episode to me highlighted the captain , he was badass , i thought for a sec he was going to lose his head but nope he showed he had ressources and the will to survive a crazy situation he can't comprehend i exclaimed "WELL HELLO CAPTAIN !!!"
Yes! For a minute I was scared he was getting killed off. I can see sometime in future episodes he'll be helping Abbie and Ichabod out more and joining their "team"

April
Old 11-13-2013, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

I really love this show.

This episode was great. Just the right amount of Icabod trying to make his way in this world, and Abby as his guide. Was a lot of fun,.

I liked the Captain. I always thought he somehow knew but was acting like he didnt because he was a good witch, and didnt want to expose things.

But this episode squashed that theory.

I dont think there has been an episode yet that I dont like.

I really enjoyed Icabod in the museum correcting the guide about Paul Revere. It was funny becasue before he said anything my husband was in the background correcting things and complaining that the show has their history wrong, and then he laughed when Icabod said the same thing as him.

Put my man in his place.. I'm was glad..
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

This wasn't my favorite episode (episode 6 is holding that spot for now), I liked that it was more plot driven than the others ones. I also liked the little scene between Luke and Abbie. I was a little upset at how easy Luke just gave up on Abbie and didn't tell her about Andy (whom I loved in this episode). So hopefully the writers will give him more of an important role in Abbie's life and not just some guy she dated that's still around. That way I can see Ichabob become somewhat jealous of Luke. Which can be a perfectly normal human emotion even among friends. I think the best part about the episode in a whole is the fact that Irving is finally on board with all the craziness and is with Team Witness. Can't wait to see what my captain will do next week.

Last edited by DarlaB; 11-13-2013 at 12:18 PM Reason: spelling as usual.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I really love this show.

This episode was great. Just the right amount of Icabod trying to make his way in this world, and Abby as his guide. Was a lot of fun,.

I liked the Captain. I always thought he somehow knew but was acting like he didnt because he was a good witch, and didnt want to expose things.

But this episode squashed that theory.

I dont think there has been an episode yet that I dont like.

I really enjoyed Icabod in the museum correcting the guide about Paul Revere. It was funny becasue before he said anything my husband was in the background correcting things and complaining that the show has their history wrong, and then he laughed when Icabod said the same thing as him.Put my man in his place.. I'm was glad..
Awesome and
What was you hubby complaining about? The dentistry or the call?

I enjoyed Andy Brooks. Does he have a crush on Abby? Why after selling his soul (if that is how he got connected with the bad guys) does he try to save someone like Abby. He tells Luke to stay away only he can help her. What does that mean? Can't wait to find out more.

I am so hooked on this show.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Awesome and
What was you hubby complaining about? The dentistry or the call?

I enjoyed Andy Brooks. Does he have a crush on Abby? Why after selling his soul (if that is how he got connected with the bad guys) does he try to save someone like Abby. He tells Luke to stay away only he can help her. What does that mean? Can't wait to find out more.

I am so hooked on this show.
He was complaining about what the guide said about Paul revere saying "The British Are coming" and what route he took. So when Ichabod corrected the guide, hubby laughed.. We go to Boston a lot, and we're only a few hours fro Sleepy Hollow so he's a bit intrigued with the show