Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I didn't see that ending coming. Quite a surprise, even up to the second before it happened, that the sinner eater was going to be Jeremy.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm just..whhhaaat!!??! Well, as season finales go, that ticked all the boxes!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I'm not talking about currently. I'm talking the the season as a whole. Katrina spent the whole season waiting for Ichabod to rescue her from purgatory and now I am sure he will be wringing his hands over how to free her from the HH. Katrina, the damsel in distress, is what the plot hinges on, not Katrina the "powerful witch."
we must be watching a different show!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

"Maybe fate has led me to you after all."

Wow. Looks like Abbie's got some competition with the re-enactment seamstress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I believe Katrina is useless because she proved to be quite useless. She is basically a plot device/damsel in distress.
It was Katrina who had the ability to preserve Ichabod, heal him and spare him from death on the battlefield.

She defied her coven, Ichabod's Mason brothers, and God knows who else to hide his location for centuries, protecting him, ensuring he would rise again to find the 2nd witness and continue the battle against Moloch.

She's proved over and over that she's doing her damndest, to the best of her knowledge and ability, to fight the good fight and help in the war against Moloch.

If that's what you consider "useless", then I hope we get to see her being ever more "useless" next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
we must be watching a different show!
True. It's amazing how that happens in fandoms...people watch the same things on screen and come away with two entirely different interpretations. Guess it keeps discussions lively and things interesting. lol.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can we have Abbie rescue herself from purgatory?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

i hope so
Old 01-21-2014, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

that would make the show tbh
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Great finale! How did Jeremy survive all those years? Did he by chance have a child of his own before he became War? Can't wait till next season! I wonder if Jenny will rescue them all, including Irving? Can't wait till next season!
Old 01-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Great finale! How did Jeremy survive all those years? Did he by chance have a child of his own before he became War? Can't wait till next season! I wonder if Jenny will rescue them all, including Irving? Can't wait till next season!

i was hoping for that - but wasn't she dead in the truck? Or are we assuming she's alive (i hope) and just needs medical attention. Either way, if she's gone, there is really no one to do the rescuing
Old 01-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jenny can't be dead, my heart can't handle that.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Extreme Fan

If they'd made the two horseman regular people that nobody knew about, then I don't really think the show would have been as good. This show is all about personal stuff. It brings it closer to home for Ichabod and Abbie to have Henry/Jeremy(I wonder what he's gonna go by now. He has quite a few choices) be the horseman. They trusted him. And for Abraham too. This show keeps reinforcing the bonds of love and friendship. Ichabod and Katrina, Abbie and Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny. These are all really strong relationships. And to have people that they knew and cared about deeply to be their enemy now, that's kinda cool and twisted and great for storytelling. The show revolves around family.

and I agree that they're all kinda damsels now. They're helpless.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I think this would be entirely possible. Katrina said that "forgiveness" was required for a soul to escape purgatory...but what has Abbie done that would need forgiveness? She turned her back on her sister...and though she and Jenny have recently reconciled, it may be something as simple as having Jenny speak the words "I forgive you."

Old 01-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
Abbie or even Jenny, please.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl44 (View Post)
If they'd made the two horseman regular people that nobody knew about, then I don't really think the show would have been as good. This show is all about personal stuff. It brings it closer to home for Ichabod and Abbie to have Henry/Jeremy(I wonder what he's gonna go by now. He has quite a few choices) be the horseman. They trusted him. And for Abraham too. This show keeps reinforcing the bonds of love and friendship. Ichabod and Katrina, Abbie and Ichabod, Abbie and Jenny. These are all really strong relationships. And to have people that they knew and cared about deeply to be their enemy now, that's kinda cool and twisted and great for storytelling. The show revolves around family.
I imagine he'll stick with Henry. With his current state of mind, he won't want to go by "Jeremy", since it's the name his mother gave him.

The bolded bit makes me think that maybe Ichabod and Katrina will continue to try and reach Jeremy. Maybe he's not so far gone, under Moloch's thumb, that he's redeemable. He was gazing at Katrina with some sense of wonder when they first met, and he did seem to genuinely like Ichabod from time to time.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Question: How did Jeremy age?
Next season: The plot better not be save Katrina, I can't deal with another full season of save Katrina adventures. She's suppose to be a powerful witch, so it better be a way for her to get herself away from the Horseman Abraham...

Also poor Katrina, she was actually trapped there for two centuries? Like was it really two centuries to her or did it seem like days or months?

In general though, they need to do something better with the character.