Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Sure Henry as Ichatrina's son wasn't unexpected but I did not find that to be a good twist. I thought it was dumb, quite frankly. lol He agrees to join forces with Moloch and contribute to the apocalypse because his mommy and daddy (not really) abandoned him? Am sorry but that is almost as lame and petty as HH being love sick over Katrina.
I didn't see it as lame at all. His hatred for his parents is justified from his end, and Moloch knowing that his father is a witness preyed on him. It was a strategic move on the part of Moloch, because now Crane will constantly be in turmoil surrounding the demise of Henry/Jeremy, who is now a catalyst for the apocalypse.

What will be lame is if he forgives his father and mother and turns good. I will roll my eyes HARD if they give them a happy family moment after this.

HH being love sick over Katrina is less interesting of course. But fine.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Abbie, I love her.

scorpio_chick, I do understand and even agree with some of your points. Now that I think about it, Henry/Jeremy doing this because Mommy/Daddy "abandoned" him does seem just as petty as Abraham being the HH because Katrina didn't love him.
agreed - they are both thin reasons for becoming horseman of the Apocalypse to be honest

But i don't think Katrina is useless....that's not really fair. Abbie agreed to free her because, based on the information they had a WITCH was NEEDED to cast the containment spell. That's not exactly useless.

I think they should have all three tried to get out of purgatory, I don't like the soul for a soul nonesense, but it's not at all fair to call Katrina "useless"
Old 01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

on a completely hilarious note, someone needs to take the internet away from Orlando.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
agreed - they are both thin reasons for becoming horseman of the Apocalypse to be honest

But i don't think Katrina is useless....that's not really fair. Abbie agreed to free her because, based on the information they had a WITCH was NEEDED to cast the containment spell. That's not exactly useless.

I think they should have all three tried to get out of purgatory, I don't like the soul for a soul nonesense, but it's not at all fair to call Katrina "useless"
I didn't call Katrina useless.

I think it would've been interesting if Abbie/Katrina were the ones who got out and Ichabod stayed behind. Because, like you said, you would have Katrina do the containment spell and Abbie wouldn't be stuck in purgatory, lol.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I didn't call Katrina useless.

I think it would've been interesting if Abbie/Katrina were the ones who got out and Ichabod stayed behind. Because, like you said, you would have Katrina do the containment spell and Abbie wouldn't be stuck in purgatory, lol.
that wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry, should have been more clear

I've seen it generally in this thread, and it's not ok, since they were specifically going to get her BECAUSE of her use

i just find the "soul for a soul" thing very contrived, and kinda stupid. When Katrina said she couldn't get out without being forgiven, i think it would have been more interesting to find out WHAT she needed to be forgiven FOR - and perhaps Ichabod could have been the one to forgive her It would have been more poignant more interesting, less contrived, and then all three could have left purgatory
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
that wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry, should have been more clear

I've seen it generally in this thread, and it's not ok, since they were specifically going to get her BECAUSE of her use

i just find the "soul for a soul" thing very contrived, and kinda stupid. When Katrina said she couldn't get out without being forgiven, i think it would have been more interesting to find out WHAT she needed to be forgiven FOR - and perhaps Ichabod could have been the one to forgive her It would have been more poignant more interesting, less contrived, and then all three could have left purgatory
I agree. The soul for a soul bit was an extremely contrived way to cause drama for all three. And also, I think, to get the fandom talking, which is what is happening right now.

I forgot that Katrina said she needed to be forgiven for something.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

I forgot that Katrina said she needed to be forgiven for something.
she probably has to be forgiven by Henry/Jeremy
Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I didn't see it as lame at all. His hatred for his parents is justified from his end, and Moloch knowing that his father is a witness preyed on him. It was a strategic move on the part of Moloch, because now Crane will constantly be in turmoil surrounding the demise of Henry/Jeremy, who is now a catalyst for the apocalypse.

What will be lame is if he forgives his father and mother and turns good. I will roll my eyes HARD if they give them a happy family moment after this.

HH being love sick over Katrina is less interesting of course. But fine.
It was lame to me because Ichabod didn't even know of his existence and Katrina didn't purposely abandon him.

The saddest part for me is that Henry Parrish was presented as this wonderfully complex character yet the writers turned him into a one-note villain with mommy and daddy issues and all for a "shocking twist," which ultimately came off as cartoonish to me.

I believe Katrina is useless because she proved to be quite useless. She is basically a plot device/damsel in distress.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It was lame to me because Ichabod didn't even know of his existence and Katrina didn't purposely abandon him.

The saddest part for me is that Henry Parrish was presented as this wonderfully complex character yet the writers turned him into a one-note villain with mommy and daddy issues and all for a "shocking twist," which ultimately came off as cartoonish to me.

I believe Katrina is useless because she proved to be quite useless. She is basically a plot device/damsel in distress.
right now all THREE of them are "damsels in distress" - and she was only "useless" because the horseman had arisen 13 years prior, with moloch erasing Abbie and Jenny's memory. That's not exactly Katrina being "useless"
by that logic - ichabod and abbie are useless too because they are ALL currently trapped, NONE of them did ANYTHING to stop it - so it's not fair to single out one of them
Old 01-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Abbie did try to do something to stop it(make him not use the map) but Crane went behind her back and recreated it.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well, Abbie did try to do something to stop it(make him not use the map) but Crane went behind her back and recreated it.
she also agreed to go into purgatory with him. It wasn't the map itself (i still think, given his memory, even if he hadn't redrawn the map he would have KNOWN what was on it...) that caused the problem, it was leaving Abbie in purgatory. Which, SHE agreed to! Not to mention, Moloch had erased Abbie and Jenny's memory of what really happened when they were in the forest, had he not, Abbie would have known the horseman had already risen....so there was nothing to stop

ALL three trusted Henry, ALL of them. It's not ONE person's fault that they are now in this situation

it just bothers me when Katrina is called useless - SHE is responsible for Ichabod NOT being dead. And it's not HER fault that the horseman rose 13 years prior on someone else's watch (it was even mentioned that Abbie and Jenny were sent to stop him from rising 13 years ago....)
Old 01-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
she also agreed to go into purgatory with him. It wasn't the map itself (i still think, given his memory, even if he hadn't redrawn the map he would have KNOWN what was on it...) that caused the problem, it was leaving Abbie in purgatory. Which, SHE agreed to! Not to mention, Moloch had erased Abbie and Jenny's memory of what really happened when they were in the forest, had he not, Abbie would have known the horseman had already risen....so there was nothing to stop

ALL three trusted Henry, ALL of them. It's not ONE person's fault that they are now in this situation

it just bothers me when Katrina is called useless - SHE is responsible for Ichabod NOT being dead. And it's not HER fault that the horseman rose 13 years prior on someone else's watch (it was even mentioned that Abbie and Jenny were sent to stop him from rising 13 years ago....)

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
right now all THREE of them are "damsels in distress" - and she was only "useless" because the horseman had arisen 13 years prior, with moloch erasing Abbie and Jenny's memory. That's not exactly Katrina being "useless"
by that logic - ichabod and abbie are useless too because they are ALL currently trapped, NONE of them did ANYTHING to stop it - so it's not fair to single out one of them
I'm not talking about currently. I'm talking the the season as a whole. Katrina spent the whole season waiting for Ichabod to rescue her from purgatory and now I am sure he will be wringing his hands over how to free her from the HH. Katrina, the damsel in distress, is what the plot hinges on, not Katrina the "powerful witch."
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm not talking about currently. I'm talking the the season as a whole. Katrina spent the whole season waiting for Ichabod to rescue her from purgatory and now I am sure he will be wringing his hands over how to free her from the HH. Katrina, the damsel in distress, is what the plot hinges on, not Katrina the "powerful witch."
Well, i understand that point there. I think they need to start showing us Katrina the "powerful witch" that put a spell on Ichabod letting him rise over 300 years later.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 AM
Passionate Fan

That was one hell of a Season Finale.. Definitely full of Surprises!!

I'm Megan!