Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

To end this post... again. Ichabod need to stop thinking like a husband 24/7 and think like a Witness once in awhile.
It's not like Katrina is thinking like a wife. Ichabod needs to make a choice and STICK WITH IT. All this back and forth is getting old.

Plus on the Jeremy/Henry thing, it's possible to love someone and NOT like them. Ichabod has had a LOT dumped on him, mostly by his semi-truthful wife. Can't fault her for not telling Ichabod about Jeremy, not really.... The whole Jeremy/Henry thing is complicated, we don't KNOW all of what was done to him before he was sealed in that box.

If I had to pick WHO could be redeemed, I would Abraham. he's had moment's of humanity, and next week I think we will see more of it through Katrina's ordeal. Henry has been angry his whole life, being alone, believing that he was abandoned by his mother. That kind of anger is poison and it's rotted his mind.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just had a random thought and maybe this will go nowhere but in the beginning when Ichabod and Abbie are cruising Ichabod refers to Peter Parker as the arachnid man. And then the episode closes with Katrina getting attacked by an arachnid. Any chances Katrina is going to wake up in a red spider printed body suit and be able to shoot webs out of her wrists? LOL. Sorry, couldn't resist. Although seriously, does anyone think this spider could give her special powers?
Old 10-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I like that thought, but I doubt it will happen! hahahaha! henry's whole "Kill Mommy" kick is gonna get him another beat down from Moloch.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
If I had to pick WHO could be redeemed, I would Abraham. he's had moment's of humanity, and next week I think we will see more of it through Katrina's ordeal. Henry has been angry his whole life, being alone, believing that he was abandoned by his mother. That kind of anger is poison and it's rotted his mind.
My money for redemption is on Henry. At the end of "The Weeping Lady", I think Henry sat on the floor in Frederick's Manor and wept, not because he could not please Moloch but because he almost killed his mother. Like Ichabod said, when a soldier has fallen he always calls for his mother.

I do wonder why Henry is allowed to own Frank's soul. I wonder if that was a free lance plan of Henry's of which Moloch is not aware . If so what is the game? I Henry trying to build his own army?

@ChakotaysLover, It was too bad Sikozu had no faith in John.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joescaper1 (View Post)
My money for redemption is on Henry. At the end of "The Weeping Lady", I think Henry sat on the floor in Frederick's Manor and wept, not because he could not please Moloch but because he almost killed his mother. Like Ichabod said, when a soldier has fallen he always calls for his mother.
I don't think Henry can be saved. He sent the Weeping Lady after Katrina in order to ttry and please Moloch and got a beat down for it. Now he's tried again witht he Jinka..... yeah.... Once, ok I can get. Katrina left him as a baby with Grace and Joseph. MAJOR RESENTMENT THERE. But a second attempt. There is no coming back from that rage that's poisoning him, that's been cultivated by Moloch. Henry is WAR and he wants to kill.... starting with Katrina who, probably in his mind, tossed him away.

Quote:
@ChakotaysLover, It was too bad Sikozu had no faith in John.
Spoiler:
Old 11-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
This episode gets a 7 out of 10 for me. I enjoyed Joe and Abbie together and their talk of Corbin. Their dynamic was on point and well written and believable. I loved that little move they did with their arms when they said goodbye at the end. The special effects were also great. The casting of Joe was on point.

Ichabod gaming was hysterical. #HaloIsMyBitch12 would have surely trended had it not happened at the very end.

What I didn’t like: Nick’s out-of-nowhere interest in Abbie. More of that uneven emotional writing I have spoken of in the past.
Ichabod knowing everything and everyone. It’s getting old.
Jenny being sidelined for Hawley.
Irving getting even less screen time even though his story arc is super interesting.

And though this wasn’t actually a part of the show, knowledge that YET ANOTHER episode will be devoted to rescuing Katrina. I cannot in words begin to understand why the writer/producers keep going down this road. Must Katrina always be a victim and plot device used to make the male characters feel like men? Granted, I knew in advance this was coming, but it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow. Set this woman free for the love of all that is good and holy. Truthfully, I think the writers have plugged this epic love story so much and Crane fighting for ‘something more,” that they really don’t know what to do with her once she is out.
That will eventually be the end of this show. I will not be watching too much longer if tptb continue on with that boring azz storyline.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It's not like Katrina is thinking like a wife. Ichabod needs to make a choice and STICK WITH IT. All this back and forth is getting old.

Plus on the Jeremy/Henry thing, it's possible to love someone and NOT like them. Ichabod has had a LOT dumped on him, mostly by his semi-truthful wife. Can't fault her for not telling Ichabod about Jeremy, not really.... The whole Jeremy/Henry thing is complicated, we don't KNOW all of what was done to him before he was sealed in that box.

I agree, after watching #5 about Icky's jilted bethrothal, Mary Wells, I saw Abraham have a concerned look about him when Jeremy/Henry talked about hurting his parents. When Abraham is by himself he is the horseman of death and goes about his end of day tasks, but when Katrina is on his mind, he forgets about this title, and works to be good for her. Katrina has awakened the little thread of humanity in him. His heart, when it beats, it beats for Katrina. She has the power over him to turn him away from Molock.
IMO
Old 11-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I agree, after watching #5 about Icky's jilted bethrothal, Mary Wells, I saw Abraham have a concerned look about him when Jeremy/Henry talked about hurting his parents. When Abraham is by himself he is the horseman of death and goes about his end of day tasks, but when Katrina is on his mind, he forgets about this title, and works to be good for her. Katrina has awakened the little thread of humanity in him. His heart, when it beats, it beats for Katrina. She has the power over him to turn him away from Molock.
IMO
And Katrina is starting to realize this. Even if she can't turn the Horseman of death to the purpose of the Witnesses, She could have death on her side. Abraham will do ANYTHING for Katrina.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Passionate Fan

I looked up that Jincan, that poison of the two poisonous insects that consume one or the other. Apparently it is also called "gu" however, jincan sounded better lol. Interesting that this technique is still used in today's pursuit of medicine.
From Wiki

Quote:
According to ancient gu traditions, explain Joseph Needham and Wang Ling (1956:136), "the poison was prepared by placing many toxic insects in a closed vessel and allowing them to remain there until one had eaten all the rest – the toxin was then extracted from the survivor." They note, "It is strange to think that this same method has been successfully employed in our own times for the isolation of strains of soil bacteria capable of attacking the tuberculosis bacillus".

Feng and Shryock (1935:1) describe contemporary practices of gu.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And Katrina is starting to realize this. Even if she can't turn the Horseman of death to the purpose of the Witnesses, She could have death on her side. Abraham will do ANYTHING for Katrina.
This only makes me feel more sorry for Abraham. His fiancee ditched him and ran off with his best friend, who in turn tried to get his blessing for this tainted union, then he was murdered, became a slave to Moloch, and then the woman who scorned him decides to dig that knife in his back even further down by trying to control him for her purpose. Im sure Abraham is supposed to be the villain in all of this but with all the shades of grey flying around I cant help but side with him.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

The only TRUE Evil belongs to Moloch. Abraham was distraught when Katrina broke her troth, then he was catapulted into rage when Ichabod asked for a blessing. Abraham is one of the character who definitely drew the short straw. I think he's starting to realize that Moloch wasn't the best way to go, or he will realize it on Monday's episode.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Henry is 90% of the fandom, always trying to get rid of Katrina. Bless him for doing God's work in our world (devil's work in his?)

But on a serious note, I saw the crying scene as him almost reverting to a childlike state. In many ways, Henry was not given the chance to develop emotionally before coming under Moloch's allegiance. That scene seems like a scared child crying over something he didn't even understand fully.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
New Fan

What would Katrina's death mean?

I do not recall anytime where it is stated that Moloch owns Katrina's soul (he didn't take her to Purgatory she was trapped there by her coven). It is why she must give it to Moloch, so she can be whatever "vessel" he has planned for her (maybe she is to be one of the Horsemen, Abraham did say her place was by his side).

If she were to die her soul would go to some other place not owned by Moloch, In that instance wouldn't Moloch's contract with Abraham become null and void, and Moloch would lose the Horseman of Death?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Was it ever discussed how Abraham became the Horseman of Death? Was he cursed or did he sell his soul?

Please refresh my memory.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Was it ever discussed how Abraham became the Horseman of Death? Was he cursed or did he sell his soul?

Please refresh my memory.
Abraham dueled Ichabod, Was shot by a Hessian. Abraham told Ichabod to go, to leave him to die. Abraham was them taken by the hessians where Moloch came to him as he was dying. During that the Germans were turning him into DEATH.