Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And The Abyss Gazes Back | 2x06 | Episode Discussion

Monday October 27th, 2014 @ 9:00pm (EST)
Corbin's son, a soldier, returns to Sleepy Hollow after his term of service is over. However, Ichabod and Abbie soon suspect that something is wrong with him.

RULES:
No fighting please, only healthy discussions.
No bashing of the actors.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:01 PM
Loyal Fan

tftnt and happy Sleepy Hollow monday!

Promo looks amazing!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really don't like that they've downsized Jenny's screen time in order to give it to Nick, it seems.

Master Fan

Loved this episode and I wish the writers kept Joey Corbin on the show.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Fan Forum Hero

I hope he comes back, too.

I like Joe more than Nick, tbh.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
I hope he comes back, too.

I like Joe more than Nick, tbh.
I haven't been watching the episodes except tonight, so I don't really have any opinion of Nick yet.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 10-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright, this episode was just alright for me.

I have to say my main criticism with Sleepy Hollow this season is the treatment of the characters. Katrina, Abraham, Jenny, Irving and Jeremy have seemed like nothing but extras for these first six episodes for me, and I'm kind of not enjoying it at all.

I understand Crane and Abbie are the leads, but there's gotta be room for other character development for the characters we don't know much about or the viewers won't care much about them or their journey.

Like the New Sheriff... umm... What happened to her? is she still on the show. Does she still have a problem with the way Irving handled things... cause life still seem easy for Crane & Abbie.

Another thing that upset me in this episode, was Crane telling Corbin's son that he loves Jeremy.... That was confusion to me because we have never seen it on the show. We never seen Crane really talk about Henry as he was his son. So I didn't get that love at all, cause I haven't seen it. Just like I don't get why Jeremy hates Ichabod.

It was cool to see Corbin's son Joe. Him being upset with Abbie was totally understandable... there was just some resentment there that Corbin was always more there for Abbie, then he was for him. So I didn't dislike Joe being upset with Abbie like for the first half of the episode. I did like learn a bit of their history, about how

I loved the Ichabbie yoga. I like seeing Ichabod still being upset with Katrina lies, Ichabod understands the lies but he can't fully trust anything from her because of it. It's like their whole marriage was build from lies, so if I was Crane... or if any of us was, we would feel the same way. He just gotta be wondering, what is next.

Oh and I gotta talk about the end of the episode, are you F'ING! kidding me? like again Ichabod is letting his feelings for Katrina get in the way of logic. Just because Katrina thinks a person is good, that means they are good?
I'm just not buying it, Crane didn't view Jeremy as his son or anything and then all of a sudden he loves him.... come on writers! I love ya but just not feeling the writing for this storyline.

The Joe and Jeremy similarity is little to none, to none to none. I didn't get that at all.

I feel for Irving man, he's in such a tough situation. He can't go home, he can't leave, Moloch owns his soul, he doesn't know which side to turn to and it was sad when he asked Abbie to end this.

To end this post... again. Ichabod need to stop thinking like a husband 24/7 and think like a Witness once in awhile.
Also I still don't have an opinion on Nick, Jenny is just the same as usual with not much a storyline going on. I guess that's the reason for the Nick/Jenny one.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is all leading up to an epic lesson for Ichabod, me thinks. He is going to learn to either embrace his duties as a witness or keep clinging to a past that helped usher in the apocalypse.

We will see if he finally learns.

Also I think the back half of the eppies will focus much more heavily on Jenny, Abby and Irving.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I don't buy Crane suddenly buying Henry either. He doesn't even know him... and what he DOES know of him ... is that he's done horrible, evil things. I can buy Katrina loving him only because she actually knew she was pregnant and she feels guilty for people taking him, but Crane didn't even know he existed.

Jenny, Irving and Katrina do seem like extras, but the writers have always maintained that, at the end of the day, the show is about Ichabod and Abbie and the role as witnesses'. So, I'm not exactly too surprised about that.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh and another thing, promo for the next episode looks awesome.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked Joe more than Nick, too.

....And here comes the conflict with Abbie and Ichabod over Jeremy.... Ichabod, I love you usually, but no - the situation with Jeremy is nothing like what happened with Joe Corbin. Joe was turned into a mindless beast against his will, it was nothing he chose. [Alfred Quote]Jeremy just wants to watch the world burn[/Alfred Quote] - preferably with you and Katrina as the first victims. There is no magic cure for Jeremy, unless it's revealed to be otherwise in the future.

Not saying that Jeremy couldn't eventually be reached in some capacity, but I was shaking my head at Ichabod's comparison because it's the definition of grasping at straws.

I LOVED Ichabod playing an online video game. That scene cracked me up so much.

I really liked the relationship between Joe and Abbie. And I always love seeing Corbin in flashbacks.

~Kat
Old 10-27-2014, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And one thing, Abbie said she used to babysit Joe? What? She doesn't look that much older. They look like they're the same age, give or take a few years.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
Yeah, I don't buy Crane suddenly buying Henry either. He doesn't even know him... and what he DOES know of him ... is that he's done horrible, evil things. I can buy Katrina loving him only because she actually knew she was pregnant and she feels guilty for people taking him, but Crane didn't even know he existed.

Jenny, Irving and Katrina do seem like extras, but the writers have always maintained that, at the end of the day, the show is about Ichabod and Abbie and the role as witnesses'. So, I'm not exactly too surprised about that.
100% agree with you, I haven't seen no caring at all and SUDDENLY! Corbin's son come into town and he cares for him as a son. Like I don't get it at all.
For Ichabod, he's only known Jeremy as Henry, so if anything he should feel betrayed by Henry for deceiving him.
With Katrina, agreeed. She had him, knew about him and do feel guilty for why he is the man he is today, so it's that instant connection.

It's just ridiculous how Ichabod character is... anything Katrina says goes. He just seem to really have no opinion to himself. He can think something is completely wrong and then Katrina will say "Oh don't worry, it's the right choice" and he'd go jumping. Kind of frustrating to watch.

At the end of the day, Katrina might be right for believing in Jeremy. Time will tell but Ichabod not having a mind of his own when his personal feelings get involved is tiring to watch. Anytime Crane says he's going to put his duties as witnesses first to Abbie, I'm going to roll my eyes.

I do agree that the show is mainly about Ichabod and Abbie... but we need to learn more about the other characters. We know some stuff about them, but it'd be nice to see more. Like can I see more of Jenny/Abbie relationship, see how the slow rebuild is going on.
Katrina... can I see what she's been up to since she learned she can use her magic again.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I will tell you what Katrina's been up to since she got her powers back: being a perpetual damsel in distress. The writers just keep making it worse.

I really enjoyed this episode. I want to look forward to the next one but wow it feels like that vessel thing happened way fast. And I hate stories like this anyway.

I really hope the back 9 eppies focus on the Mills sisters and Irving. I've had enough of the Crane family drama.

And for Ichabod to compare 2 people cursed and having their soul taken against their will with Henry choosing his path (even after the show showed Irving having a chance to free himself but refusing to become evil) shows his desperation and that - yet again - he's not thinking rationally. He's thinking emotionally - guided by Katrina.

When that happens, bad things follow. The first time resulted in 2 horsemen. The second resulted in him playing right into Moloch's hands and delivering Abbie to Moloch.

The third time may lead to something really bad that Ichabod will likely come to regret.

Sometimes the thing you try to hold onto in desperation ends up being the thing you lose.

Ichabod is being set up to learn a painful lesson.