Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-19-2014, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I still love MMFD and even S2 but I do still believe it's one of those seasons that needs to be watched back to back. Or gets easier to watch after knowing everything. So I just really need the next episode at this point. And I need it to be incredible.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
I'm with you. I wanted some form of reaction, some type of emotion to come up but nothing. It's not that I don't think she has feelings for him but we have been shown time and time again, especially after the break-up, that Finn is head over heels in love but she has locked all of that in so bad so it's hard to decipher where she is in terms of her feelings for him. It's like she's not allowing herself to even feel anything right now and it's really hard to watch.

FCKING LIAM INDEED. I feel sorry for him tbh. That dude has such a ****ty outlook on life that he truly feels he's not worth a nickle. If Rae has issues, then this guy has some serious problems. Not even Kester or therapy had help him out at this point. And with that, I'd like Rae to get as far as possible away from him.
Word, you summed it perfectly. I never doubt that she does still have feelings for him, I just wish it came out more. Finn is completely wearing his heart on his sleeve at this point, and there's barely ANYTHING coming out from her which is so frustrating. Since she had all that self realisation about Chloe, how about her feeling the same about Finn? Knowing that despite all the crap she pulled with him and breaking his heart over and over again, that it didn't change how he felt for her? Seriously Rae. I don't doubt that she's NUMB at the moment but that's still no excuse for being a crap friend to Finn, which is what he needs from her right now at the very least.

The guy has some serious issues, no doubt. Someone may be able to help him but it sure as hell isn't Rae and in fact, he is pulling her right down with him deeper into the darkness and where I feel she may never recover from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I still love MMFD and even S2 but I do still believe it's one of those seasons that needs to be watched back to back. Or gets easier to watch after knowing everything. So I just really need the next episode at this point. And I need it to be incredible.
I might do a rewatch of all the Season 2 episodes and hope I feel that way. Like you said, the finale needs to be pretty damn amazing to make up for all the crap the fans have been put through so far.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe I'm not strong enough to deal with all the drama and heartbreak.

But yeah I plan or at least try to do a rewatch if the finale is amazing.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I'm going to do a re-watch of S2 once all of the episodes airs, because things usually make more sense when you watch all of the episodes straight without pauses in the middle.

But ugh, next week's episode needs to be epic.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly. I might do it even if the finale breaks my heart because of that reason.

It might make it more understandable and the pain less now that I've already been through it.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by free to fly (View Post)
I'm going to do a re-watch of S2 once all of the episodes airs, because things usually make more sense when you watch all of the episodes straight without pauses in the middle.

But ugh, next week's episode needs to be epic.
that's true, it definitely feels like a better season when you watch it in one go. i missed the first couple episodes of the season when they aired and so i watched like 2 at a time and then waited (by simply forgetting) and watched two together again and it made things a lot easier to take. but i watched this week's ep. by itself and it was very hard not to be able to just watch the next ep. before i had time to be upset about it.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
New Fan

Wonder what Finn thinks of Liam and Rae doing it!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

he'd probably be really heartbroken. in his mind he'd probably think that meant she'd definitely moved on.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by how forever feels (View Post)
that's true, it definitely feels like a better season when you watch it in one go. i missed the first couple episodes of the season when they aired and so i watched like 2 at a time and then waited (by simply forgetting) and watched two together again and it made things a lot easier to take. but i watched this week's ep. by itself and it was very hard not to be able to just watch the next ep. before i had time to be upset about it.
It really works, so I hope things start making more since once I do that.

And I think Finn will just be sad and disappointed once he finds out about Rae and Liam. Not that Rae owed him anything, but still. I hope Rae tells her the truth about everything, so Finn can understand what is behind of all the things she has been doing.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still holding out hope that Rae realises what an epic mistake it is to sleep with Liam before she goes through with it with him. And then kicks him in the balls for being a douchewaffle and runs to fix things with Chloe and Finn..

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ I would be more than okay with all of that happening.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

yeah i would love it if things picked up right where we left off. not only b/c i don't want rae/liam to have actually happened to that extent but also b/c if finn's been away for weeks that would be really sad that he spent all that time thinking she couldn't care less.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still think raes version is the truth because its what we saw from the beginning.

Yes all povs are different but we know how chloe is, we know she has insecurities too. I think they are just trying to show that she doesnt realize how badly she comes across.

Its obvious in her fake flashbacks that shes all sweet and doe eyed, which we know isnt how she really is. So i felt it was obvious it wasnt the complete truth.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. I don't think Rae's is a 100 percent accurate but I feel it's a lot closer to the truth than Chloe's. Chloe's diary left out so much stuff and felt very forced and skewed. And as was said it feels she is leaving out things that show how she also wasn't a very good friend (because she knew it was horrible but doesn't want to admit how bad it was or how bad of a friend she can be). And some of things are way too different from one diary to the next. And if I remember correctly Chloe had so many crumbled up papers while writing in her diary which gave me the impression she wrote and rewrote until she was satisfied with things. Which imo makes her diary a lot less truthful (and missing things) than Rae's.

I wrote this in the Chloe/Rae thread but it can work here too.

Quote:
Neither view point is probably a 100 percent accurate but I do feel Rae's leans more towards what actually happened (especially since she is the main character here and we are seeing things through her pov). She writes her first thoughts and feelings down it seems where I feel Chloe might (after many rewrites) forget some things or remember things even more differently.

Like this scene.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c8f4eadf0...tcefo1_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/926248bdd...tcefo4_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/48a7fed8c...tcefo5_250.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/0bf4e0845...tcefo6_250.gif

How would Rae have even know about this if Finn said it? Unless as I saw on tumblr Finn just copied Chop to lighten the mood. Which could be true but why use that? Are the writers trying to confuse us even more? He could have said something else to lighten the mood if true.

Quote:
The only thing I can think of is someone (one of the girls) is not remembering some things correctly. And to make it Rae seems really weird as she is the main character and whose pov we have seen for 2 seasons. And might in a 3rd. So to come out and say oh oops no she has remembered things so incorrectly after all this time is really messed up. We've all known this whole time things were from Rae's pov and so things might not be exactly as seen but to completely change it like this is not a great game changer. It sort of takes away from some things we saw in S1 from Rae. And some of those things about Chloe in her pov felt pretty forced. Which kinda makes it worse.

And as for the peppermint tea scene I saw on tumblr it was mentioned that in Chloe's pov not only was there no food in hers but there were only 2 seatson each side at that table or something (and in that gif Finn does seem to be sitting right beside her and in Rae's he's by the wall). And if that's true (I don't remember) where did Archie or Chop sit? And if the food wasn't actually there then what Archie said must have been completely made up by Rae (why would she?). Because either there was no food or he wasn't there.

Or the writers (and maybe their continuity person) completely forgot on some things. But hopefully they would go over things like that before showing things like this.

And I get the point the writers might have been trying to make about how 2 people can see things differently (and to give more insight into Chloe) but not with the way they did it. Some of the differences were weird. Like about the sitting why would either girl mess up on where he was sitting but yet can remember the peppermint tea thing. I just I don't know.
And I recently come across this tumblr post and I agree with so much of it. It puts a lot of my own thoughts and feelings out there in a much better written post.

Quote:
While I am happy the show succeeded in turning my opinion around about Chloe, I was left with a bitter taste after episode 2x06. I think the show gave enough hints way before that episode that Chloe had self-esteem issues so reading her diary and “discovering” those issues was no surprise at all to me. But it’s the fact that 2x06 tried so hard to paint Chloe as a saint, it made me feel like the whole thing was forced. I wasn’t happy that in order to make Chloe more sympathetic to the audience, the writers had to take a giant **** on Rae. I know Rae screws up and she’s not perfect, I know she said/thought some really mean things about Chloe but please let’s not paint Chloe like an angel fallen from heaven and forget all the mean things she did or said in the past. While we’re on the subject, the inaccuracies from one diary to another made me cringe so hard because it was making me doubt the very canon stuff we had to believe in season 1 that were happening right before our eyes in order to be invested in the actual show. And it’s not just little missing details but actual crucial points that can change the whole purpose of a scene and the motions they triggered. Like Rae not revealing her problems to Chloe when they are laying in Chloe’s bedroom after the abortion. There is a drastic difference between Chloe walking out on Rae and Rae postponing their talk about her mental problems. At the end of 1x03, Rae was absolutely devastated and even took the piece of paper with Kester’s number to call him because she felt abandoned. That is a giant difference! Also the scene in the pub where Chloe wasn’t able to discuss the model agency pictures with Rae when in 2x02 Rae CLEARLY stated they talked for “ninety hours” about how much of a bad idea it was. I could pinpoint many more inaccuracies so I have come to the conclusion that Chloe’s diary is skewed (the guilt ate her up so much that she had to leave out many of the inconsiderate things she did/said) and she is the unreliable narrator because otherwise the show would simply have too many critical plot holes. I can still say I appreciate Chloe now far more than last year but it’s the way the show did it in 2x06 that made me feel like it was all too forced for my taste. (it’s actually the scene in Ian’s bedroom from the finale that made me appreciate Chloe the way I do now)

I guess I forgot to add something to that post: I did enjoy the clever message from 2x06 that we don’t always remember everything clearly and some details might end up overlooked. That two people interpret one same event/action/phrase in completely different ways. That’s not at all what I was displeased about. What bothered me was the fact that really significant details were left out from Chloe’s diary [to paint her in a better light] that made me almost question if the writers were trying to tell us that Rae was delusional (possibly schizophrenic?). I’ll give you another example I didn’t put in the review post: After Rae’s singing rehearsal (when Chloe yells “I’M NOT YOUR MUM!”), in Rae’s version of the events, Chloe accuses Rae of being too frigid and maybe (i’m paraphrasing here) that’s why she broke up with Finn. This is what causes Rae to storm out of the room. In Chloe’s version of the events, this conversation never happened. But the problem is; it’s that very comment from Chloe that prompted Rae to go find Finn that very night and probably have sex with him because she wanted to prove a point (which then led to Rae giving Liam the blowjob instead). The difference from one diary to another were too radical that affected critical moments of the series and were making me question everything I had watched from this show.

So how can I put this differently? I liked the formula of seeing things from Chloe’s point of view and knowing that they interpreted things completely differently but it’s how Chloe’s diary left out so many crucial stuff that made me cringe (and felt sloppy) because it was causing too many plot holes in the series as a whole. This is why I have to go with Rae’s diary being the more reliable one (perhaps the truth is somewhere in-between but I have to lean more towards Rae for my enjoyment [of the overall plot] sake or else I just feel like I’ve been lied to since the beginning and that would make me too mad tbh).

p.s. I’m not at all saying Chloe is a lying bitch, I just think the poor girl felt so terrible about some things she said or done and the guilt ate her up so much that she’d rather leave that stuff out and pretend like it never happened to make herself feel good, at least in her own diary.

Source
Source
And all of that is why I feel Rae's pov on things is much closer to the truth.