Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
i love how everyone on tumblr says that this ep makes everything else not cannon! like, the writers suddenly making chloe ~likable has been the plan all along. UH-HUH.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2pzck8x.jpg
I don't think I've seen that yet but I have seen people wondering which version is the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
I don't get the freak out though. This was from Chloe's pow so obviously the events are going to be differently interpreted by the two. The truth as to what actually happened is probably somewhere in the middle. But DAMN this ep. WOW. And I'm not, never will be, over Rae singing "nothing compares to you" and especially now that Finn is gone.
Yeah everyone is freaking out about who is telling the truth and what isn't and I'm thinking well it's from two different povs so both povs are just based on how they perceived this stuff. So I agree. It's probably somewhere in the middle.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
I don't think I've seen that yet but I have seen people wondering which version is the truth.
go and refresh the mmfd tag every few minutes. "oh, chloe!!! <333" idgi. it seems like tom just wants us all to actively hate rae. i hope that rae really did jump off the bridge last season and all of this was her in a coma. just erase the whole damn thing! #not!salvageable
Old 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Chloe but I don't buy that she knew about Rae being into a mental health facility before Rae confessed to her. They explained things from Chloe's point of view so we could see she is a good person, too, but they didn't explain or "flashback" to any of the mean things she did/said to Rae. IDK. It seemed like they tried to whitewash her a bit. :/ And what scene had the crew in tears?

Kester... not liking him too much this season.
Why is Liam and his terrible self back? He's so annoying. He's made me not enjoy this season as much.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickers (View Post)
It seemed like they tried to whitewash her a bit.
lovely.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Supreme Fan

This episode was about Rae herself as much as it was about Chloe and their friendship. And finally, it made Rae start to question herself. Too bad it didn't go all the way through and she ended up cracking even more. I do wonder what Chloe is up to though. That guy she was with was beyond creepy.

And honestly, Liam's smirk is pissing me off to no end. YES to Kester yelling at him to shut the fck up. Maybe harsh for a therapist but come on, it was about time SOMEONE said it.

Quote:
I like Chloe but I don't buy that she knew about Rae being into a mental health facility before Rae confessed to her.
yeah, I didn't buy that either.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
lovely.
Whitewash her actions, I meant.

prettytinydots, I think they wanted the audience to see how sensitive Chloe was to Rae ... but yeah, not buying that. Chloe said loads of horrible things to Rae in s1.... and that hasn't been addressed.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 03-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have but I guess I missed those posts.

I'm ok with seeing things from Chloe pov but I'm not sure I liked them doing it based on the entire series. It seems them really trying hard to bring sympathy to Chloe because they know how many disliked her or something.

And I agree about the whitewashing of Chloe's actions based on what I read. It seemed like an easy way to forget them and/or move past them. And her being in love with Finn still (apparently) just seems...weird and convenient.

And her knowing Rae had been there.. uh no. I don't buy that either. I mean wtf.

But this is all from me now and I haven't seen the episode yet.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Whitewash her actions, I meant.
i know what you meant. i was just saluting chloe last week for knowing what a shthead she is though. guess i was wrong.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not sure I'm going to really like this episode.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
prettytinydots, I think they wanted the audience to see how sensitive Chloe was to Rae ... but yeah, not buying that. Chloe said loads of horrible things to Rae in s1.... and that hasn't been addressed.
yeah, they sure did and it felt... off? Like that scene with Archie and Chloe when she was crying about Rae and how worried she was about her. It's not that I don't think Chloe wouldn't have done that but yeah, the purpose of that scene was definitely clear.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That seems so fake and weird. I haven't seen the scene but what... I'm not saying Chloe is a bad person but I don't know. This all seems weird.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
the purpose of that scene was definitely clear.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Another thing I really don't like how they did this is because while I don't think it changes canon it does change the tone of the show somewhat. I mean we all knew things were from Rae's POV and that maybe not everything she was telling us was exactly how it happened. But this just kinda changes the feel of the show and throws it in everyone's faces that yes oh maybe this isn't exactly how it happened. I mean again we all sort of knew and thought that but this just seems to bring it a little forefront. I don't know... I'm not explaining it well.

But I don't know maybe I will feel differently after seeing it.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
New Fan

what the hell?? this episode was just really sad for me. I can't even process this!!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany84 (View Post)
yikes Liam/Rae real sex

OMG please tell me this doesn't actually happen