Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I think there is a reason and it must be an important reason if Mycroft would risk Sherlock's sobriety. Which Sherlock has stated works better if he stays in New York with his support system and his work.
I am sure there is a reason. Even if Mycroft is up to something suspicious, I believe he still cares for Sherlock and wouldn't want him to relapse!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read some people speculating that Mycroft could be Moriarty's daughter father I really hope not, that would be too soapish.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I've read some people speculating that Mycroft could be Moriarty's daughter father I really hope not, that would be too soapish.
I second that notion, that's just too soap cliche. And would be a bad choice by the writers.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hadn't even though of that hopefully they don't go there!
I got the impression that the father was just a random hook up from when she was younger and that he probably won't be mentioned again.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so, but I also don't see the need they had to give Moriarty a daughter. Maybe it was just a plot device.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope so, but I also don't see the need they had to give Moriarty a daughter. Maybe it was just a plot device.
I think so It gave the episode an interesting twist and also served the purpose of adding extra complexity to Moriarty. Honestly, I think the daughter and her father will probably never be mentioned again, unless it is just a passing reference to them.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mycroft really brings out Sherlock's inner brat

In this scene, in a way Mycroft is right, but my problem is that I don't trust him while yes, Sherlock can be selfish and arrogant, but he also cares for Joan even if it's not his first thought, but he always gets there.

x
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mycroft really brings out Sherlock's inner brat

In this scene, in a way Mycroft is right, but my problem is that I don't trust him while yes, Sherlock can be selfish and arrogant, but he also cares for Joan even if it's not his first thought, but he always gets there.

x
I honestly don't think he undervalues her. Sherlock just does things differently, he values people through their intelligence and work ethic, in which he admires Joan a lot for. I think the important thing is that he does respect her, he could learn some boundaries, but ultimately, in his own way he does care about her and she knows that. Joan's idea of moving out is actually a good idea for her, it's a way of maintaining her personal life, around Sherlock's personality. She isn't asking him to change because she understands him, whereas Mycroft really doesn't, in the same way that Sherlock doesn't really understand Mycroft.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, no, I didn't say he undervalues her, on the contrary, of he did, the idea of somehow losing her wouldn't bother him. He has great respect an consideration for her, but his first thought is not always for her, it's for how it can reflect on him. If Joan dates Mycroft, she won't be there with him all the time, to work with him, to support him, to be his friend. It's no coincidence in my opinion that we saw Sherlock hiding the dealer's contact, he fears that he may relapse soon. And he doesn't even know that Joan is thinking about getting her own place. I hope it's more clear now
Old 04-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, no, I didn't say he undervalues her, on the contrary, of he did, the idea of somehow losing her wouldn't bother him. He has great respect an consideration for her, but his first thought is not always for her, it's for how it can reflect on him. If Joan dates Mycroft, she won't be there with him all the time, to work with him, to support him, to be his friend. It's no coincidence in my opinion that we saw Sherlock hiding the dealer's contact, he fears that he may relapse soon. And he doesn't even know that Joan is thinking about getting her own place. I hope it's more clear now
I understand what you mean now, and I agree . Sorry I misinterpreted what you were saying, it was because that is how Mycroft phrased it in that gif so I just assumed that is what you mean when you said that you though Mycroft was right in that scene.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I meant the comment he did about "her", not "her work".

But in the next episode they'll have to work together to try to find Joan. Maybe Mycroft will have a better perspective of how important Joan is.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 PM
New Fan

me first

Quote:

Sherlock still has a certain amount of emotional immaturity. It's like a child will love their parents dearly, but if something happens with that parent...say they lose their job, the child's first thought is " how will this impact ME?" . Sherlock seems to be pushing that limit within himself somewhat , with the handing blankets out to homeless men thing and a few other moments, but those are still the exceptions.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgcat (View Post)
Sherlock still has a certain amount of emotional immaturity. It's like a child will love their parents dearly, but if something happens with that parent...say they lose their job, the child's first thought is " how will this impact ME?" . Sherlock seems to be pushing that limit within himself somewhat , with the handing blankets out to homeless men thing and a few other moments, but those are still the exceptions.
he has improved a lot, but I feel like he will always have some emotional immaturity. As it is, he can be more considerate towards Watson and occasionally a few others that he considers worthy, but towards everyone else he still has a long way to go.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the photo