ok, I'll go along with #6 this time.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

So the 6 is out, thanks

Before the new round, two pictures from Kat - she's in Florida, as you know, for some concerts this week.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Cool, she looks good!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

An interview I found it on out Katharine affiliate website. The source website is this.

Quote:
'Idol' star McPhee performs in Sarasota
The singer-actress from 'Smash' makes her first local appearance

If you're about to interview Katharine McPhee, you're bit apprehensive. Initial requests for an interview are denied. Then you're warned through her representative that she'll talk to you, but the representative will be listening in, and will hang up the moment you ask a personal question.
Apparently McPhee's gun-shy because of some incident that only matters to people who care way too much about the private lives of celebrities.
You're prepared for an adversarial, maybe even antagonistic, interview.
It turns out to be anything but.
McPhee calls from her cell phone. She calls five minutes early to say she's going to call 10 minutes late. When she calls back, she's parked on a Los Angeles street. Obviously there's no one else listening in with one finger on a kill switch.

McPhee, who's appearing in concert at Vamn Wezel Performing Arts Hall on Monday turns out to be chatty, forthcoming and charming.
"I'm so lucky," she says early in the conversation. She repeats the phrase several times during the course of the talk.

McPhee first came to fame as a contestant on "American Idol" in 2006, when she was 22. She didn't win, but the right people heard her voice and noticed her screen presence. She launched a recording career and soon landed the lead role on "Smash," the Broadway-based NBC show produced by Steven Spielberg.

"That was an absolutely wonderful experience," she said. "It was great working with those people. Megan Hilty and I are still really good friends."
McPhee was still a TV novice when she landed the role of Karen Cartwright, the ingénue who becomes the toast of Broadway.
"I had done one pilot for MTV but it didn't go anywhere," she said. "This was my second. I was the first to sign on, and then all of sudden there was Anjelica Huston. It's my first show and there's Spielberg and Anjelica Huston. I'm so lucky.". Bernadette Peters, Uma Thurman and Debra Messing also became part of the cast.
The show only lasted two seasons, but it had a cult following that still loves the show and its songs. "People liked it," she said. "Theater people really liked it, I think. I'm really lucky that my first show that was important to people."
"Smash" was originally supposed to be on a premium cable channel, where a cult audience might have been enough to make it last.
"I read the script, and I'll just say it would have been a very different Karen Cartwright," she said. "I'll just say that. I'm not sure I would have done it. There would have been a lot more skin."

In her Sarasota concert, she'll be doing a lot of songs from "Smash," plus some pop songs from her two hit albums, and maybe some songs from the album she's recording now. "I'm doing three shows in Florida and then I'm just going to be the studio," she said. "People ask me when it will be done, but there's no release date set. It will be done when it's done."

Details: Her concert is set for 8 p.m. Jan 13. Tickets are $35 to $75. For information, call 941-953-3368 or go to Sarasota, Florida - Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall.
Marty Clear, features writer/columnist, can be reached at 941-708-7919. Follow twitter.com/martinclear.
One person in that Kat's forum says that actually she did three pilots (not two) and that the first actor signed was Debra, not her.

I already had the felling about the "more skin" thing, it's usual in cable shows (and I still wonder why). I'm sure we would have had also more sex scenes, especially with Derek. Who knows, maybe also the happy birthday scene of the pilot would have been with more nudity (with a "very different Karen Cartwright", who knows? I don't think the script Kat read was of many episodes, probably it was just the pilot).

Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by airali_glo (View Post)
An interview I found it on out Katharine affiliate website. The source website is this.

[interview]

One person in that Kat's forum says that actually she did three pilots (not two) and that the first actor signed was Debra, not her.

I already had the felling about the "more skin" thing, it's usual in cable shows (and I still wonder why). I'm sure we would have had also more sex scenes, especially with Derek. Who knows, maybe also the happy birthday scene of the pilot would have been with more nudity (with a "very different Karen Cartwright", who knows? I don't think the script Kat read was of many episodes, probably it was just the pilot).
Nice pictures and interview! Thanks, Ilaria.

So somebody on the forum is basically calling Kat a liar about who signed for Smash first? And they would know better than her .. how? Did they witness the contracts?
Be skeptical.

For certain, Smash would've been 10x sexier if it had been produced for Cable. They practically insist on it to attract more eyeballs. I hated the commercial aspect of it on NBC, but at least the show could concentrate on making art instead of t&a.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's lovely to know she's grateful to the show and that she's still good friends (which I knew already) with Megan.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
So somebody on the forum is basically calling Kat a liar about who signed for Smash first? And they would know better than her .. how? Did they witness the contracts?
Be skeptical.
Probably it's on some Debra interview. They're all Kat's super fans (the forum is about Kat only) and they read a lot of things, if that user said it it must be written somewhere, I don't think he/she would invent that (why do that, when the Kat's version looks better?). I don't think it's very important, though the most important thing is that Spielberg signed her for a main role, when she wasn't a huge, famous performer or actress.

Quote:
For certain, Smash would've been 10x sexier if it had been produced for Cable. They practically insist on it to attract more eyeballs.
Yeah, probably a lot of more sex scenes or provocative numbers (it was about Marilyn and we all know the image most people has of her, even when she was a complex woman, different from what was on the surface). We'd probably have seen also the naked Marilyn scene of Bombshell.
I get that cable wants to attract eyeballs, but honestly there are better ways. Most of the times it's not needed - it's better to attract viewers with a serious plot (and, in case of Smash, with great musical numbers and music), than with sex/nudity.

Quote:
It's lovely to know she's grateful to the show and that she's still good friends (which I knew already) with Megan.
I agree

Stuff from her recent concerts

Quote:
Tour: Katharine McPhee performs in Key Largo and Clearwater, Florida

Katharine McPhee kicked off a series of three concerts in Florida on Friday evening (January 10) when she performed at the Ocean Reef Cultural Center in Key Largo. We hear that the show was fantastic as usual, but we unfortunately do not have any media from it (aside from a few pre-show bikini pictures)!

Kat continued to delight fans last night (January 11) as she performed for a nearly sold out crowd at the newly renovated Capitol Theatre in Clearwater, FL. Check out the set list below. We have also linked videos of the first three performances with many more videos to come (check back)! A big thanks to Mc_fantastic from KMC for posting the videos.

Would I Lie To You
Rumour Has It
Heart Shaped Wreckage
Some Boys
Pretender
It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World
Over It
Stay With You
Stay / Use Somebody / Firework
Run
Shake It Out
Brighter Than the Sun
Everything Must Change
Cut, Print… Moving On
Don’t Forget Me
That’s Life

Encore:
Never Give All the Heart
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Katharine will perform one final show at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall in Sarasota, FL on Monday (January 13). Tickets are still available here. After completing this tour, Kat says that she will head back into the studio and continue working on her new album until it is done!
source

A pic (credit)

and the video of Heart Shaped Wreckage. It needs more than just the text link, because it's I had already saw another live video of this, and I already loved it, but it's never enough The audio quality is awesome.
She sould think to record it as a bonus track for her album, seriously! Just like she performes it live: voice and piano.

After all it seems it was supposed to be in her album, before Smash, but when they needed a ballad suring S2 she suggested it...and the rest is history

Old 01-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much, Ilaria. You're right, the sound quality of that video is amazing, and she sounds amazing.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

I suggest you to check again the link I posted yesterday, they added all the other performances

Don't Forget Me is always

also Some Boys, it was a great cover for her, in the show, and live is In Pretender she dances a little!

I love to see her so confident on stage, having fun, dancing while singing these songs

Oh, she replied on Instagram saying that she's considering the idea of recording her solo version of HSW and add it to her album

Old 01-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will definitely look at them all when I have time, Ilaria.
I especially want to hear "Never Give All the Heart" again.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

NGATH seems like the recording!

I still have to watch all the videos, I bookmarked the page

Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's a great selection of songs and pretty good video/audiio on most of them .. one cover I wish she'd included is "Run." That was one of my favorites from S1.

Thanks again, Ilaria!

Old 01-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

"Hello boys...my name's Marilyn" I love the way she plays and "stages" this song!

Everything Must Change is beautiful, too

Yeah, too bad that in these concerts there wasn't Run, it's one of my favorite covers of her. The setlist is great - it was pretty much the same in Sarasota. I hope some Smash songs will be in her setlists even with the new album.

New round of the survivor

KAREN'S COVER SONGS SURVIVOR

#2 Beautiful - pilot

#5 Rumor has it - 1x04

#7 Shake It Out - 1x06

#8 Brighter Than the Sun - 1x07

#10 Our Day Will Come - 1x11

#11 Run - 1x12

#12 Stand - 1x14

#14 Some boys - 2x05

#15 That's life - 2x12

Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

How can you vote Run, it's

#2 - 1
#11 - 1