Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2016, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
considering they're meant to be like best friends.
well its cannon that alec loves/loved jace though so i didnt now how you meant it.

Im not sure the writers notice how jace treated alec though. him saying alec doesn't like anyone i think is just accurate, i dont think it was him dismissing alecs feelings and i dont think anything will come of it later. you would think and hope it would but I'm not sure the writers are that on top of things.

Quote:
Same, like I'm scared for their first kiss, it will be so forced.
i just hope they dont kiss for a long time but i bet they will soon.

i like them and i think the first two episodes did a good job, the third one felt too forced with the sword scene imo.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

The sword scene did feel a bit cringey.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Clary casting is beyond mortifying and Isabelle is basically bipolar to the book.
I have to disagree on that. Izzy is the exact way she is written and that makes her casting so beautiful to me. why do you think it is bipolar to the book?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
The sword scene did feel a bit cringey.
It was..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-30-2016, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

i dont see izzy as bipolar to the book (though do you mean opposite?) but i dont think the actress is great.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:38 AM
New Fan

the first episodes feelt like an supernatural CSI or something its really strange.
I can't wait to see Magnus and Alec together but the rest of the show is just ok. I'm a little dissapointed. Normally i would say tv can be more true to the books but in this case it's not and thats sad because it's such a good story and cassandra clare deserves a good filming.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I just not feeling them and it seems that they are trying so hard to be likable couple, but I prefer movie couple more than this one.. Oh well.. But I def can see that happening..
Same. The only couple in this show who have chemistry was Simon and that Vampire They're not even a couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i just hope they dont kiss for a long time but i bet they will soon.

i like them and i think the first two episodes did a good job, the third one felt too forced with the sword scene imo.
I have a feeling they'll make them kiss for dramatically long. This whole show seems overly dramatic. TBH I rolled my eyes at that sword scene, just didn't feel anything other than a poorly written fan-fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by follow your heart (View Post)
I have to disagree on that. Izzy is the exact way she is written and that makes her casting so beautiful to me. why do you think it is bipolar to the book?
She's snobbish towards mundanes in the books, tv show one isn't. Cassie said in an interview Izzy in the books is a cold-hearted narcissist, tv show isn't. She's confident in her looks in the books, not a **** like the tv show. All polar opposites. Although she's a bad cook in the books and we has a little hint of that in the show. I don't have anything against the actress, it isn't her fault they cast her like that, but other than a pretty face she has got nothing.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I feel like she is confident with her looks on the show From the way she presents herself and the way she acts.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
I feel like she is confident with her looks on the show From the way she presents herself and the way she acts.
I don't think her representation is done badly. The books are mainly from Clary's POV so that's also how we get to see the other characters. Isabelle was always the badass who's not afraid to use her body for what she wants and who would do anything to protect her family. I think that is coming across quite well. The only difference is that she's a lot more supportive from the start towards Clary than in the books because they felt that Clary needed a female "rolemodel" instead of another catfight in television, and I do not mind that at all.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

it is a bit dramatic. they can tone it down a bit.

I'm actually looking forward to magnus/alec as well ( i never liked them before ) but i bet the show will ruin them too somehow.

i cant really comment on isabelle because i cant say i paid that much attention to her in the books. she didnt seem to get a lot of development there imo.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
I don't think her representation is done badly. The books are mainly from Clary's POV so that's also how we get to see the other characters. Isabelle was always the badass who's not afraid to use her body for what she wants and who would do anything to protect her family. I think that is coming across quite well. The only difference is that she's a lot more supportive from the start towards Clary than in the books because they felt that Clary needed a female "rolemodel" instead of another catfight in television, and I do not mind that at all.
That's true. We never really saw much except for how Clary saw things. They probably didn't want to go with the factor of having the whole cat fight and just have Izzy being more welcoming.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I'm actually looking forward to magnus/alec as well ( i never liked them before ) but i bet the show will ruin them too somehow.
No need to put the whole show down, I don't think comments like that are appropriate. It's okay to discuss them after you have seen them in the episodes, but don't be negative beforehand, please.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
it is a bit dramatic. they can tone it down a bit.

i cant really comment on isabelle because i cant say i paid that much attention to her in the books. she didnt seem to get a lot of development there imo.
Agreed with all of this
Old 01-31-2016, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Agreed with all of this

mel its one aspect of the show. i dont think they are handling their couples right. i wasnt putting down the whole show. but regardless i am free to say what i want
Old 01-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You are but at the same time everyone has their own opinion. This thread has been getting quite negative and I want to remind everyone not to bash the characters. Even if you don't like the characters please be mindful of how you word your opinion on them.