Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2016, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I just finished watching the episode.

It seems the Hotel Dumort has changed a bit? It's not abandoned and old but seems to be new and modern.

"Did you hear what he said? We're parabatai. There is no human bond that compares to what Alec and I have. We're bound together for life. Bound to fight together. To protect each other. In battle our hearts beat as one. If one of us dies part of the other will die as well."

I really love this quote and how Jace explained what parabatai is and the whole bond between Alec and him.

So it's interesting that Camille can stop time. I wonder if other vampires have that ability and only her since she is higher up than the others.

I guess everyone wants the cup which I am finding strange on why vampires would want it.

So vampires like Shadowhunter blood? I can't remember if they enjoyed it in the books or not.

I like the scene where Jace was showing Clary how to use the weapon.

I think the whole scene where Clary was charmed by the vampire to be kind of cheesy. I wish they had just took the bike instead of being charmed.

I'm glad that Clary can now see the Shadow world.

So Magnus was mentioned by Camille. I can't wait to see when those two meet again.

So the fey know about Camille. I guess she is letting them know about her.

I guess the bikes are the same as the book where they run on demon energy.

"Great job, Izzy!" I love how sarcastic Alec was to Izzy and then ends up ignoring her.

So I guess they are changing how the vampire process is by when they bite their victims and get them to drink their blood and vice versa that it makes them a bit of a high and feels like they are falling in love.

Alec is very fast with the bow and arrows. He was very smart of breaking the wall and making the sunlight come in when Clary was taken by that vampire.

I guess Camille isn't meant to be in the hotel at all and they don't want others to know about her presence since she is so high up.

I'm surprised that Raphael saved Simon. I thought he didn't want to and wanted to kill him.

I kind of wanted the whole showdown between the Shadowhunters and vampires and the werewolves coming in to save them.

Poor Simon. Getting friend zoned by Clary.

It looks like Simon is slowly turning into a vampire.

Overall, I did enjoy the episode. I wish there was more of a showdown between the vampires and Shadowhunters.

Last edited by dive into you; 01-26-2016 at 11:12 PM
Old 01-27-2016, 04:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
It seems the Hotel Dumort has changed a bit? It's not abandoned and old but seems to be new and modern.
I don't think it is new and modern? I think Camille took the opportunity to do as she desired. I wasn't paying attention that much, but it's still abandoned, no? Just vamps living there. The building is just not as old.

Quote:
I guess everyone wants the cup which I am finding strange on why vampires would want it.
Seeing as Camille wasn't in the book at the time, we never knew what she would've done. But I get her reasoning, she was saying how the one who has the mortal cup has control over the shadow world, and is there anything Camille would want more?

Quote:
So vampires like Shadowhunter blood? I can't remember if they enjoyed it in the books or not.
I don't think they did. That's why they didn't want to say how Simon became a daylighter because they thought at first it was because of Shadowhunter blood, right?

Quote:
I'm surprised that Raphael saved Simon. I thought he didn't want to and wanted to kill him.
I think it's just part of the bigger plan. As they want the mortal cup, they need Clary to remember as well and since Camille knows it was Magnus, might as well keep Simon alive to send the message. Or rewatching it again, he might want to protect Magnus. Camille knows it's his doing and she ran so Raphael needs Simon to tell the Shadowhunters to save Magnus, that actually seems more logical in my mind.

I actually loved this episode quite a lot. Might be because I'll watch anything with a lot of Lightwoods interaction in it. They truly stole this episode for me. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about the Clary and Jace interactions.

Also, mad at Jace for "Right, forgotten." I'm sorry??? Alec said he's your parabatai and that's your response?? Bitch please.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

I know right I just wanted to hit Jace at that point and than again at the end when he just flat out refused to listen to what Alec had to say

-Lisa-
Old 01-27-2016, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

The acting in this show is really like a punch in the face. It's so bad. My mom and Nan pointed it out during this episode and I was in denial previously, but they just made it real for me. Sort of put a downer on this show for me.

Pushing past the acting I enjoyed episode 3, not as good as episode two. I don't understand why over half of it was just all the characters making out.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm not feeling about Jace/Clary at all since I felt like they have flat chemistry together..

I just wonder that did Simon got bitten or what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagslack14 (View Post)
I know right I just wanted to hit Jace at that point and than again at the end when he just flat out refused to listen to what Alec had to say
Same here..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 01-27-2016, 05:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I just wonder that did Simon got bitten or what??
Camille said she drank too much when he was being all loopy and then we got Jace explaining how one turns into a vampire, probably to plant the seed with new viewers and then Simon was biting her neck and she was bleeding so yeah.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ Ahh, thanks.. Bec I was confusing since he didn't get bitten by her at all..

is that what you want?

Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's the thing about acting. It improves, so I'm sure it will in this case.

I liked this episode. The motorbike scene was the best!

I don't like the tension between Alec/Jace though
Old 01-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont see any tension there Jen? Or do you mean angry tension not sexual tension? lol...

I just dont love Clary. I know its the actress but she always sounds so exasperated LOL. and I just dont see her as the nice girl at all. I dont like Isabelle either.

God Jace gets hotter and hotter imo. I really love his character here. Hes the only reason i do like jace/clary at this point because i do agree that clary feels flat. but shes the only one i dont like that much.

i dont think the acting is that bad. I think the isabelle/clary actresses arent up to par with the rest, they do sound like they are delivering lines. but i think the boys are doing a great job.

I like that Simon is a vampire already. I wish he wasnt in love with Clary though, I just would have preferred it never even went that route because nothing will come of clary/simon anyway.

The show does represent the books well though i think. I think they have a similar feel. Unlike the movie (imo, sorry.)

overall i was more bored this episode than the last two.

Last edited by Alexa; 01-28-2016 at 10:07 PM
Old 01-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I meant angst/angry tension, no not sexual considering they're meant to be like best friends.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Quote:
I don't think it is new and modern? I think Camille took the opportunity to do as she desired. I wasn't paying attention that much, but it's still abandoned, no? Just vamps living there. The building is just not as old.
It just looks more new than the movie version but I guess that's true about it being abandoned. I don't think anyone would want to go anywhere near it

Quote:
Seeing as Camille wasn't in the book at the time, we never knew what she would've done. But I get her reasoning, she was saying how the one who has the mortal cup has control over the shadow world, and is there anything Camille would want more?
True. Camille always wanted the power especially if she could control everything. I don't remember if she was hiding around that time or she was off somewhere for business?

Quote:
I don't think they did. That's why they didn't want to say how Simon became a daylighter because they thought at first it was because of Shadowhunter blood, right?
Yeah and I think when Simon drank Jace's blood he wasn't too fond of it.

Quote:
I think it's just part of the bigger plan. As they want the mortal cup, they need Clary to remember as well and since Camille knows it was Magnus, might as well keep Simon alive to send the message. Or rewatching it again, he might want to protect Magnus. Camille knows it's his doing and she ran so Raphael needs Simon to tell the Shadowhunters to save Magnus, that actually seems more logical in my mind.
It could be that. I guess they need to know where the cup is and since Simon didn't have the information and Clary probably does they need to let him go. It will be interesting to see how it goes down with Magnus.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I'm not sure how I feel about Jace/Alec, but this post explains a part of what could be going on and why it's not feeling right.
the one with the blue eyes.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a very plausible explanation, and it seems quite true.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly me to the moon (View Post)
I'm not feeling about Jace/Clary at all since I felt like they have flat chemistry together..
Same, like I'm scared for their first kiss, it will be so forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I just dont love Clary. I know its the actress but she always sounds so exasperated LOL. and I just dont see her as the nice girl at all. I dont like Isabelle either.
Clary casting is beyond mortifying and Isabelle is basically bipolar to the book.

Quote:
i dont think the acting is that bad. I think the isabelle/clary actresses arent up to par with the rest, they do sound like they are delivering lines. but i think the boys are doing a great job.
I think so far Alec, Jocelyn, Valentine and Hodge can play they're parts well. Other than that, the rest need the sack.

Quote:
The show does represent the books well though i think. I think they have a similar feel. Unlike the movie (imo, sorry.)

overall i was more bored this episode than the last two.
It's a good atmosphere and feels epic like the books, but the actors just don't really propel it.

And same, i mentioned this in my previous post that so far I've only liked episode 2.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Same, like I'm scared for their first kiss, it will be so forced.
I just not feeling them and it seems that they are trying so hard to be likable couple, but I prefer movie couple more than this one.. Oh well.. But I def can see that happening..

is that what you want?