Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, anyway I do not think it was a big spoiler..
I put the sneak peek under spoiler too I hope it's ok

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

x
Old 08-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

SOON!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

New set pics

Spoiler:
Old 08-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Babies

ps Set pics aren't that spoiler but just in case always put them under the tag
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ok

x
Old 08-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sarah Rafferty Dishes on Potential Romance with Harvey on Suits
August 12, 2013

Sarah Rafferty plays the all-knowing Donna Paulsen on USA Network’s hit show Suits, a legal drama set in a fictional law firm. Although Donna could be considered an assistant, fans of the show will tell you she is so much more. In this exclusive Sarah Rafferty Suits interview, the actress talks about her characters relationship to Harvey (Gabriel Macht), and the mystery behind the can opener.

Q: How do you feel about how important Donna has become and why she is so critical to Harvey Specter’s life?

Rafferty: I think what’s really interesting about Harvey and Donna is that they have known each other for a really long time. They have worked together almost 12 years; they were really starting out together. We get hints each season about their past and we get a bit more of a hint this season when we have another flashback episode. We find out more about why they have such a symbiotic relationship. I mean, I think they are amazing friends and they’ve really got each other’s back. They develop their morality together.

Q: Were you surprised to hear that a lot of fans wanted to see Harvey and Donna together romantically?

Rafferty: Yes, totally surprised. As time goes by, there is even more enthusiasm for it. It wasn’t something that we were playing towards at all. These two characters have a really rich history and that drives them to make whatever choices they are making from moment to moment. I think that the audience can put whatever they want on it [laughs]. But I was really surprised because after the season one finale there was a moment when Rachel (Meghan Markle) asks Donna about her relationship with Harvey and if they have ever been together and she asks her why they haven’t been. I think there is just one moment, one line, “Because you can never go back,” and I was really surprised at how much speculation went into that line.

Q: It didn’t help though in season two when Donna gets fired and there is a mock trial where she is put on the spot about her relationship with Harvey.

Rafferty: Right, and then having Louis Litt (Rick Hoffman) say, “Do you love Harvey Specter?” Donna and Harvey were really thrown by that.

Q: Do you think Donna is in love with Harvey?

Rafferty: I know that Donna thinks that she isn’t in love with Harvey. She is 100 percent clear that she is not in love with Harvey. That’s Donna’s point of view. But I think people are really complicated.

Q: Are ever going to find out more details about the can opener?

Rafferty: [Laughs] I do wonder if one day we will actually see them with the can opener doing whatever the goofy thing is, that remains to be seen. The can opener will definitely be making an appearance this season, and it still remains a bit of a mystery. I think the mystery is going to be drawn out and I think that is part of the fun.

Q: Were you surprised to see more of Donna being written into the show?

Rafferty: I am surprised by that and I am thrilled by it. I am not surprised that Aaron [Korsh, series creator] and the writers developed her the way that they have. I think I had a sense just from reading the pilot that all of these characters were going to be developed in a really dynamic way; there was no doubt about that. But, I will say it has been beyond my wildest dreams in terms of how rich the stories are in terms of playing them and just how fun the character is. She is so multidimensional and they have kind of given her this super power where she knows everything. She brings out a side of Harvey that you wouldn’t see otherwise.

Q: Season one and two were introductions to these characters and now season three is going to be more of a character development study…

Rafferty: What is really interesting about season three is, right when we come back, we are reeling from the merger with the British company. So that opens so many doors for these really interesting characters to come in, like Darby (Conleth Hill). They sort of put the characters into new and dynamic situations. It’s really cool what’s happening in season three.

Q: How is the relationship between Donna and Mike going to change this season?

Rafferty: When we come back this season, Mike (Patrick J. Adams) has betrayed Harvey, which is a problem. Donna’s great friends with Rachel and knows that Rachel and Mike are together. She is going to try to be a good friend to Rachel and possibly cut off Mike and be on Harvey’s side. But it’s all super complicated and becomes a crazy, messy soup at some point.

Q: Anything you want to say to the fans?

Rafferty: I am so excited to hear the fans reactions about this season. I don’t think I will ever be able to express to the fans how grateful I am. I just hope they stick with us on this ride because we are doing it for them and it’s fun for us.

Watch Sarah Rafferty on Suits every Tuesday at 10 p.m. EST on USA.
Sarah Rafferty Dishes on Potential Romance with Harvey on Suits

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm surprised that she was surprised that so many fans want Harvey and Donna together in a romantic way
Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK89 (View Post)
I'm surprised that she was surprised that so many fans want Harvey and Donna together in a romantic way
I think she knows They are attracted to each other from the pilot episode

Spoiler:

Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

x

Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
‘Suits’: Are Harvey & Donna TV’s Most Dynamic Duo?
August 20, 2013 · by Brittany Frederick

Television has countless quality series on the air, and within many of those there are great duos that we love watching. Yet for our money, no show does it better than USA’s Suits, and – while we wait with bated breath to see tonight’s flashback episode that promises to dig into their history! – we submit that there is no greater partnership on the small screen than that between ace attorney Harvey Specter and his loyal assistant Donna Paulsen.

What makes us rank these two at the top of our list? They’re everything you expect from a fantastic TV tandem and a few things you won’t find anywhere else.

Firstly, you can’t make a great duo if you don’t have two outstanding individual characters. Harvey Specter is one of our favorite protagonists on TV for so many reasons: he’s wickedly smart, ridiculously confident, never without a comeback, and deliciously complex. We desperately want to know what makes this guy tick. At the same time, we enjoy watching him lay waste to anyone on the other side of the table. Credit the Suits writers for not only creating a character who is far richer than the egotistical antihero stereotype he could’ve been, but continuing to develop him into somebody we feel like we can relate to and yet, are also perpetually fascinated by.

Then there’s Donna Paulsen. How many shows do you know that have a sassy female assistant character? That archetype is a dime a dozen on TV. And we certainly love Donna’s attitude and her willingness to use it. But there are so many other aspects to her beyond being the sharp-tongued sidekick who answers Harvey’s calls. While so many other shows equate being a strong woman with being able to toss off a wisecrack or project toughness, Donna displays real strength: strength of character and the courage of her convictions. She has her own point of view, goals, and opinion. Beyond her relationship with Harvey, she has flourished as her own complete and compelling individual.

Such well-written characters, however, require actors who are up to the task. In two seasons, Gabriel Macht has acquitted himself as the smartest actor on television. Here’s someone who should never leave our airwaves. The visible effort and nuances he brings to his portrayal of Harvey are every writer’s dream. When he speaks, we listen. When we watch him, we don’t even remember that he’s acting. Then there’s Sarah Rafferty, who’s probably the most underappreciated actress out there right now. It’s kind of dumbfounding that it took this long for her to come to widespread attention. She could lead her own series. How exactly is she not more famous? How do either of these people not have Emmys or Golden Globes on their mantels yet?

Okay, so you’ve got good characters, and you’ve hired talented actors. Yet you also have to find a pair who can work well together. For a duo to work, they must have a successful dynamic. It doesn’t matter how good they are separately if they can’t mesh as a cohesive unit that audiences want to watch. Harvey and Donna have certainly captured our attention in a variety of ways. We enjoy their banter. We respect their loyalty to each other. We’ve been talking all week about finding out what the deal is with that can opener, and then there’s that tease with the whipped cream. Most importantly, we believe in their bond. Writers can say characters are best friends, but they can’t make us feel that. Macht and Rafferty have been friends for years, and that’s an authentic chemistry that cannot be engineered.

What distinguishes Harvey and Donna as the best partnership on television is the unique way in which their dynamic has been crafted over Suits‘ three seasons. It’s a fully realized, complex relationship that feels real, simply because it’s been allowed to go to places where other shows might avoid treading. We’ve seen Harvey and Donna banter and celebrate their victories, which we certainly love doing. Yet we’ve also seen them have disagreements – and we don’t mean those cute TV fights that are resolved in a scene or by the end of the hour. Remember when Donna got fired and Harvey had to struggle to get her back? We mean real difficulties like that. Or Donna giving Harvey a swift kick in the ass when he needs it. Or Harvey not being afraid to remind Donna that he is not only her best friend, but also her boss.

Yet at the same time, we know that these two will always believe in each other. When Donna’s new love interest Stephen crossed Harvey, we didn’t see Donna turn mushy just for the sake of the subplot. No, her sparks with Stephen didn’t change her support of Harvey. And no matter Harvey’s feelings toward Stephen, when Donna told him who she was seeing earlier that same episode, he didn’t flip out no matter how dramatic it would have been. He reacted like a mature adult and treated her with respect. This is such a great pairing because the relationship is constant, not something that’s malleable whenever something seems like a good idea at the time.

And they are remarkable for representing a rare quantity: the purely platonic male-female friendship. It’s something you rarely see on TV without it eventually turning into romance. In an age of television where love interests are written into the show before it even starts, and where such subplots sometimes take over entire shows, it’s refreshing to see a man and a woman who can have chemistry without needing to sleep together. We appreciate that they can still have a meaningful and solid relationship that’s stronger than most TV romances. That’s not to say that we’re opposed to the idea of them someday becoming a couple, but the show is to be commended for not forcing them there simply because they match well. Should they eventually hook up, it will be because it’s organic, and after a friendship we’ve gotten to appreciate.

Yet there’s no denying that they’re something special. Any way you look at it, from the crafting of two wonderful characters to the efforts of a pair of remarkable players and the strength of their material, Harvey and Donna are the new standard when it comes to creating a television duo. We as viewers are richer for getting to watch them. Now will someone just tell us what’s going on with that can opener already?

Suits is all-new tonight at 10 PM ET/PT on USA. You can also follow stars Gabriel Macht and Sarah Rafferty on Twitter (@GabrielMacht and @SarahGRafferty respectively).
‘Suits’: Are Harvey & Donna TV’s Most Dynamic Duo? | Brittany Frederick

Spoiler:
Old 08-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

so excited for this episode
Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for everything Gio!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

x

x
Old 08-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love all the spoilers, can't wait for tonight. Thanks for all the info and news guys.

Elegance is the only beauty that never fades~Audrey Hepburn