Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Elite Fan

Old 08-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

First can openers and now whip cream--it's never going to be the same for me, ever again.

BTW: Thanks for the gifs, I LOVE IT!!

Elegance is the only beauty that never fades~Audrey Hepburn
Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

x

x
Old 08-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you for the gifs!!

I love the one where Jessica asks him to think about his life without Donna, awww! My babies.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

I love to post gifs etc about this pair I also found some goodies about Gabriel/Sarah. Maybe I will post those arts on their thread
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I finally watched this week's episode; kinda wish Harvey would have had more of a reaction to Donna's revelation.

* Secretly hopes it's eating him up inside
Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

They are meant to be but this is way better with them playing like there is nothing going on
Old 08-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

It's the power of their relationship. Anyway, I think they will show something soon I love this type of couple. They are so strong and hot together

Quote:
Harvey is Donna's boss and close friend, and she is the right-hand woman to his general. Both trust each other implicitly. They first met at the District Attorney's office, where Harvey was Assistant District Attorney (ADA) and she was his secretary; they have been a team ever since. After working for two years at the DA's office, Harvey took Donna with him to Pearson Hardman.

The two are extremely close. Harvey loves her and trusts her absolutely. He relies upon her and views her as essential to his being. As he told Jessica in "All In," Donna is irreplaceable. Donna, in turn, adores Harvey and is incredibly loyal to him, to the point where she would take a bullet for him. Both tend to view each other as two halves to the same whole, and Donna has put Harvey above all other relationships more than once. They take great pleasure in each other's company and enjoy their jokes and verbal sparring. (They have a pre-trial ritual involving a can opener and thumbtacks.) Over the years, they have developed an ease of comfort found only between best friends, and are very good at reading the other. No one knows Harvey better than Donna, and although Harvey generally tends to keep his feelings close to the chest, he is more open and vulnerable with her than he is with anyone else. She is privy to most of the details of his private life--she knows about Harvey's mother and brother, and is fond of Harvey's father. (She is also the one who informed Harvey of his father's death.) Donna is also one of the few people whose opinion Harvey values, and he listens carefully to anything she tells him, even if he does not always acknowledge it at the time. When upset, Harvey sometimes falls back upon establishing the boss-employee boundary--a boundary Donna is smart enough to know when to ignore, recognizing it for the emotionally distancing tactic that it is. She is likely the only person capable of keeping his reckless tendencies in check. Harvey, meanwhile, is equally good at reading Donna, and although Harvey is not essential for the mechanics of Donna's life, she relies heavily upon his unswerving loyalty, devotion, and emotional support. Despite being protective of his privacy, Harvey has let Donna's parents stay at his condo before (after she cried fake tears--a fact he only finds out later), and Donna has the spare key to his condo.

Donna is a gold mine of information for Harvey and listens in to all his conversations in his office (something Harvey does not discourage, since he leaves his intercom on for her). She is excellent at anticipating his needs, and takes great pride in being able to provide Harvey with what he needs without him asking for it. She views her job as to protect and take care of him, and will go to any lengths to do so. This was first proven in "The Rules of the Game," where she gives Jessica incriminating evidence against Cameron Dennis after Dennis threatens Harvey, and again in "Break Point," when she shreds an incriminating memo that she fears will implicate him in a lawsuit.

The events in "Break Point" emotionally strain and confuse their relationship . Travis Tanner resurrects an old lawsuit against Harvey, accusing him of burying evidence and committing fraud. Harvey denies the accusations, stating that he never received the memorandum supposedly in his possession. Donna, however, finds the document in the file room with her date stamp on it. Afraid of the implications against Harvey and seeking to protect him, she hides the truth from him. Harvey nearly commits perjury as a result, and it is only Mike's quick actions that prevent him from doing so. After Mike informs Harvey that Donna found the document, Harvey storms into the ladies' room to confront her. A bitter argument ensues, during which Donna accuses Harvey of keeping things from her and she tells him that she shredded the memo. Feeling furious and betrayed, Harvey tells Donna: "I'm not going to fire you, Donna--I might KILL you--but I'm not going to fire you."

This makes their relationship extremely tense. Both Harvey and Donna are used to being perfectly in sync with each other, and for the first time in a long time, they are out of step. It frightens and confuses Donna that she could have misread the situation (and Harvey) so badly. Harvey, on the other hand, is swamped by his feelings of fury, hurt, and betrayal, and can see little else. He is hurt and upset that she did not trust him enough to come to him with her problems, and a part of him is frightened that she would go to such lengths to protect him. He is afraid that this is something he cannot fix. These are two people who typically know what to do in any situation, and for the first time, both are at a loss. These feelings are further compounded when Jessica fires Donna--Donna feels hurt and betrayed that Harvey didn't fight for her the same way he fought for Mike, while Harvey is uncertain as to how to fight for Donna. His own personal credo of "tough, but fair" creates a conflict within him: on the one hand, he loves Donna and views her as essential to his being; on the other hand, her actions make her termination more than justified. Harvey is at a loss as to what to do, and he is lost without Donna.

While Donna manages to go on with her now Harvey-free life in "All In" and "Sucker-Punch," Harvey is incapable of moving on without her. His grief over her departure is so strong that he becomes incredibly reckless, and no one can hold him in check--not even Mike or Jessica. It is only at the end of the episode "Rewind" that Harvey informs Jessica in no uncertain terms that he's bringing Donna back, and it is only in "Asterisk" that the rift between Donna and Harvey is finally mended.

While it is implied late in the first season and throughout the second season that Donna's feelings for Harvey may not be platonic, she informs him in "Asterisk" that she "loves him like a brother or a cousin" and that she is not in love with him. It is unclear if we can take Donna at her word, however, since she is also an excellent actress and has fooled Harvey before.
Suits Wiki

Last edited by Gio Gio; 08-15-2013 at 11:02 AM
Old 08-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG! I love the way he says "what are we waiting for"...it's the flirty Harvey. I wonder if they did it or was cut by a phone call or something. Either way, it's bound to be a hot scene.

I agree with the description of their relationship: it's respect and love and friendship all interwoven with the foundation being blind trust. Harvey knows Donna ALWAYS has his back and Donna knows Harvey is there for her. I wish to see a more emotional moment where she breaks done and he comforts her (like when she gets fired--I didn't like the stare and elevator door closes...couldn't he have hugged or something?). B/c she was there for him when his father passes away.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Harvey and Donna are the most interesting characters of this show, IMO. I think his break down (onscreen) will happen, one day, probably with Donna. Honestly I'd like to see a real relationship between them but I hope it won't ruin their dynamics, who I love. I do not know the screenwriters of this show but for now, they made a great work with them Anyway it's only the third season of the show, so...

x
Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Honestly I'd like to see a real relationship between them but I hope it won't ruin their dynamics, who I love.
I agree. I would love to see them in a relationship, eventually but not any time soon. I think their dynamic is what makes them so powerful and that should not be lost if they do get together.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

I'd love if they don't reveal what happened "the other time" just yet. I'd love if they let us wonder for a little while. Keep the mystery.

I'm kinda impatient for them to be together because it could be the greatest thing ever! I don't think they would be boring or anything! It would be so fun watching them struggle to be in a relationship since the both of them have problems dealing with their feelings and stuff like that. it would be also a great way for them to grow and become better people.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so conflicted with this Donna/Harvey relationship. I want them together...no, I don't want them together. Wait, yeah I DO want them together...hang on....

I just freaking love their dynamic now that I'm afraid them becoming a couple will mess it up; it could be awesome or it could take something away from what they've got now. I think D/H is the only pairing where I'm quite content with letting things be, for the time being.

But ITA will the last couple of posts, it would be so funny to watch them navigate around their new 'romantic' realtionship if it did happen...they'd be totally clueless (harharhar) with how to handle it. Maybe that's why it's never properly happened yet?

OMG can't wait for the next episode!!! Whipped cream?? WTF?!?

Flashback Tuesday
Old 08-16-2013, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

I'm all for waiting! The slow burn is so delicious

But... they only thing I can't really stand when I ship a couple are triangles and third parties! But I get that it's necessary to reveal some of the feelings so what can you do?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

I do not like any third wheel. I think they can write a great couple without a third person between them.

Quote:
I agree. I would love to see them in a relationship, eventually but not any time soon. I think their dynamic is what makes them so powerful and that should not be lost if they do get together.
I agree with you too Anyway they are better than a couple now. Their relationship is really strong right now. I'm really curious about what they planned for these two

x

Donna Paulsen/Harvey Specter Community