Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anybody find any more icons?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you check the link in my signature? There are quite a bit.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been wanting to check this series out, but haven't yet. It looks really promising though.

I understand that the main heroine is a time traveler, and I read something about the 1940s/WWII and her having time traveled before? So is she originally from the 1940s, or is she from our time and time traveled to that period prior to ending up in the 18th century?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire is a 20th century woman. She's a WWII combat nurse who winds up in 18th century Scotland.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Yeah it is absolutely random that we have Starz because we don't have HBO or Showtime. But we recently got some new channels and I guess Starz was part of the package. So yup, I was extremely happy when I saw that! I am so excited for tonight's episode and the whole season.

I also went and bought the first book! I haven't started reading it yet though.
Yeah it's the same that I visiting my folks they have Starz but no Hbo and show time. I am just glad that I am at least was able to see 1.02 and I am going to see 1.03 as well
Old 08-20-2014, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Hey there!

Been stumbling over this show for weeks now at twitter and tumblr so finally decided to give it a try and WOW! This show is amazing and totally my cup of tea as far as genre! I'm so excited about this show and I already know it's going to be the death of me in the most amazing way!

I obviously know now it's based on series of books and here's my question - should I start reading them now being so anxious about what happens next or just patiently follow the story on the show? I know it's ultimately a question of personal preference but it's not easy waiting for a new episode knowing there is a place to know what happens next....

Any advice?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

^ I'm in the same boat! Can't decide.

Finally watched the 2nd episode - I enjoyed it. This story is amazing. I may need to watch it again because it's very hard to understand their accents sometimes, which is unfortunate. But yeah, I'll probably catch it on TV again.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
^ I'm in the same boat! Can't decide.

Finally watched the 2nd episode - I enjoyed it. This story is amazing. I may need to watch it again because it's very hard to understand their accents sometimes, which is unfortunate. But yeah, I'll probably catch it on TV again.
Here's a suggestion. Read at the same rate as the story. Read only up to where the episode ends that way you don't spoil it or read slightly ahead to increase anticipation of where the story is going.

But the novel should be read on its own. It is very well written and should be appreciated for Diana's words and work separate from Ron Moore's.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Here's a suggestion. Read at the same rate as the story. Read only up to where the episode ends that way you don't spoil it or read slightly ahead to increase anticipation of where the story is going.

But the novel should be read on its own. It is very well written and should be appreciated for Diana's words and work separate from Ron Moore's.
Thank you for your advice and that's what I decided to started doing...reading the book parallelly to the show. I already noticed (like many others too) that the show keeps it very close to the book and it's led with great respect to the novel. Reading it along with watching the show , it expends the world we see on tv in the most amazing way.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafcia (View Post)
Thank you for your advice and that's what I decided to started doing...reading the book parallelly to the show. I already noticed (like many others too) that the show keeps it very close to the book and it's led with great respect to the novel. Reading it along with watching the show , it expends the world we see on tv in the most amazing way.
You'll notice much of the dialogue is actually on the show which is kinda nice.

The settings are just stunning on TV - simply gorgeous.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

That's a great suggestion. Although I couldn't do that.

April
Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The settings are just stunning on TV - simply gorgeous.
I've just returned from a week in Cornwall and I was blown away with the landscapes there but what they're showing me on this show - man, Scotland is magically stunning! Gotta go there for my next vacation.

Also, I love when a location plays a huge part in a tv show, being like a seperate character that you can learn about as the series moves on.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^Completely agree. I hear the scenery gets better when they get on the road.

This appeared on my dash today. Love it.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How cute
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top