Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Jared on Homeland. Can you imagine? I would die.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it would be epic.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

The pilot has always been my least favorite episode. I recently re-watched it and I love it. It's so subtle and beautifully done. Most shows hit you over the head with everything. I'm not sure a pilot like this would get very far now but I loved the introductions to all the characters.

Angela coming home with red hair- you immediately see the family dynamic. Patty is immediately a bit of a surpressed character. You know she wants to yell at Angela but she doesn't because Rayanne and Ricki are there. The family dinner scene is also telling- the parents are so focused on Angela they pretty much ignore Danielle...which we see for the rest of the series.

You also see that Rayanne and Ricki don't go to class, Sharon is the model student, Brian is the smartest kid in school. It all done so well and not done in voice over.

I love the end where she apologizes to her mother. Very sweet.

And one of the greatest scenes is when Sharon confronts her in the bathroom about dropping her as a friend. Just great.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^it's probably true that mscl wouldn't get very far in this day and age. how lame!

anyway, claire danes is in a new audi commercial... and in it, she references jordan!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

I saw that. So funny! Wonder what Jared Leto thinks!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
^it's probably true that mscl wouldn't get very far in this day and age. how lame!

anyway, claire danes is in a new audi commercial... and in it, she references jordan!
omg! yay. do you have a link?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

So a lot of people are saying Jared will get nominated for an Oscar for his new movie.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i hope so...he's so deserving
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Jared won a golden globe!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

This made me smile. I'm so glad they are in touch. Wilson Cruz (Rickie!) accepted Jared's award at the AAFCA.

Wilson Cruz:

Tonight, I accepted @jaredleto’s Best Supporting Actor Award from @aafca. Here’s the transcript of my speech:

“I am honored to join you this evening to accept this award on behalf of my friend, Jared Leto. Twenty years ago, I was fortunate to work with Jared on My So Called Life. Even then, Jared understood the power that a story could have on our culture.

In Dallas Buyer’s Club, Jared truthfully and lovingly portrays the life of Rayon, a transgender woman. Sadly, this is, still, a story that is seldom told by mainstream studio films. It’s the story of an epidemic that ravaged hundreds of thousands of lives. And it’s an indelible story that we cannot forget, for if we do, we risk overlooking the lives of so many people who continue to live with HIV/AIDS, especially among African Americans, Latinos, and transgender people of all colors.

But this can change.

Rayon’s story is one woman’s story, and it’s a powerful one, but Hollywood can further explore the moving and triumphant lives of more Trans people. By doing so, we can end the violence that disproportionately affects our community and foster more understanding and acceptance of Transgender people. After all, we all deserve a chance to be seen and the power in being heard.

On behalf of Jared, thank you for this recognition.”
Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

That's so cool that Jared would have his old castmate accept his award. I didn't know they were that close off-screen. Together, trying to make a difference, it sounds like.

Quote:
omg! yay. do you have a link?
Emmy Winner Claire Danes’ Audi Commercial – Watch Now! | 2013 Emmy Awards, Claire Danes : Just Jared

Of course the reference would come in the seedy parallel universe. Okay, this made me smile.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

I really loved it. I didn't know they were close either, as Jared pretty much refuses to discuss the show. Both he and Claire were at TWO events together last month and didn't take a picture together which was so annoying!

I love that commercial. It def. made me smile when I saw it the first time.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
That's so cool that Jared would have his old castmate accept his award. I didn't know they were that close off-screen. Together, trying to make a difference, it sounds like.

Emmy Winner Claire Danes’ Audi Commercial – Watch Now! | 2013 Emmy Awards, Claire Danes : Just Jared

Of course the reference would come in the seedy parallel universe. Okay, this made me smile.
OMG that's so awesome!!

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

I love the Claire embraces the show. Have you guys seen this interview? There is a slight MSCL reference.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i almost feel bad for him, but i don't because i stand mscl harder than him in rl, so.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top