Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Rikky was perfect to his friends, he was the only one though.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Rikky was perfect to his friends, he was the only one though.
omg rikky the queen of my heart. Love him, forever and ever.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ricky was the most honest person on the show. He never pretended to be something he wasn't.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Great news!

Quote:
Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy Welcome Son Cyrus Michael Christopher

It will be a very happy holiday for Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy!

The Homeland star, 33, and her actor husband welcomed their first child, son Cyrus Michael Christopher Dancy, on Monday, Dec. 17, her rep confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

Since confirming her pregnancy in July, Danes has stayed mostly mum on the subject of baby — including keeping the sex a secret — but tells PEOPLE in its new year-end double issue that she looks forward to “getting to know our new Dancy” over the break.

Danes, who won an Emmy in September for her role as bipolar CIA agent Carrie Matheson on the hit Showtime drama, wed Dancy, 37, in a private ceremony in France in 2009.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

aww congrats to Claire
Old 12-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

I'm happy for her!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i just started rewatching thiiiis! the pilot is probably my all time favorite pilot. ever. i just love it. the series is timeless though. i'll be 50 and swooning! I WILL!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Supreme Fan

I watched the first 3 episodes during Christmas break. Still trying to find the time to watch the rest of the series - for the first time *hides*
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

texas forever - Post here and we'll discuss. i'd love to discuss the series again!

dreamer3- what do you think thus far?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
i just started rewatching thiiiis! the pilot is probably my all time favorite pilot. ever. i just love it. the series is timeless though. i'll be 50 and swooning! I WILL!
^ IKR. I was so happy when I got my dvds.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was so happy when I got my dvds.
The dvds are great. I love all of the extras.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
The dvds are great. I love all of the extras.
the extras are great.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
texas forever - Post here and we'll discuss. i'd love to discuss the series again!
ok, let me think...

i just finished guns and gossip. this episode is so funny despite it's very serious premise, but i applaud the writers for finding a common balance between comedy and drama. in today's world though, sigh, it seems like there is a new shooting everyday in america. i mean, mscl made such headway in terms of approaching very difficult social issues, but all of that innocence is seemingly gone now in real life. and i love how the episode resolves both angela's and ricky's problems, but the reality of the metal detectors is right there in your face as the last shot. it's really appalling that this show isn't on now imo. this show is timeless period, but after only twenty years, how teens are now... it's so much worse because of the internet, mental instability, etc. television now just wants to promote such garbage too. blech!

anyway, i'm always taken aback at how beautiful the directing is. every episode is so breathtakingly shot. i think my favorite scene is in 102 when angela is coming out of the house to meet jordan and the dance instructor has a voice over with it. LOVE! this and jordan shouting angela's name in the pilot are epic to me! i'm such a dork.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Oh great!

Guns and Gossip has always been one of my favorite MSCL episodes! I agree that it is definitely a pre-Columbine take on things. The show is so ahead of it's time.

Quote:
in today's world though, sigh, it seems like there is a new shooting everyday in america. i mean, mscl made such headway in terms of approaching very difficult social issues, but all of that innocence is seemingly gone now in real life.
Yes, the episode was very innocent. In today's world the story wouldn't be about the gun but rather the shooting. And I wonder if Rayanne and Angela would have the same reaction.

One thing, I do think this episode forshadows is the topic of bullying. It is so much in the media right now and how they dealt with Ricky's character was really interesting. He got bullied and no one looked out for him. I did like that this was the episode that Angela and Ricky became friends. She was one of the only people who seemed concerned for Ricky.

I did find the episode quite humorous too. Especially with Brian starting that rumor about Angela and Brian. He was so jealous. However, I really like that he stood up to the vice principal. One of his best moments.

I always found it odd that Rayanne's mother was screaming the loudest about guns in school at that meeting. You would think she was the most concerned parent. It seemed like such an act. I also can't believe what she said to Patti. It's funny because a few episodes later we see what a terrible mother she is. She seems like the sort to put up an act. She is sortof like Rayanne in that way. They are both actresses.

The final scene is one of my favorite in the series. Watching them come to school with metal detectors. Although, it's more spooky in the world we live in now that poignant.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the bullying, yeah, does seem to take second fiddle to the gun and even the gossip. i didn't even think to mention it because i'm so used to seeing it. i hate that everyone seemingly has that mentality. "it's a part of growing up!" it is, but it shouldn't be... and now there is a vast array of ways to do it, especially behind a computer screen! hearing kids jumping in front of trains to escape it is what it's come to. i definitely think this episode would have made a larger ruckus if it were written in this day and age.

i honestly can't understand why patty was so submissive to amber either. it just went against the grain of her character, but maybe she's just not comfortable controlling the situation outside of her own home? because, clearly, she isn't afraid to tell people where to shove it. i guess she has more class than amber. teehe!

angela/rickie are the best! i literally sat bawling my way through the whole car scene! and it's awesome that they actually became best friends over the series. i mean, when rickie starts out, he never has a side to take or a stance of his own, but by the end of it, he really becomes his own person. him and brian are also a great pairing!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top