Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
Anyone else screamed in anger last night or was it just me? most specifically during the wedding scene.
I didn't scream, but it was pretty sickening.

It could potentially leave Nick in a very thorny position, though.

We know that he is fertile, and Eden could well be. What happens if he gets her pregnant? If he flees with June, he'd be leaving a child bride and an unborn child to the mercies of Gilead. Eden won't be able to remarry, not as long as Nick is alive, so the most likely outcome is that she will be made a Handmaid, while the baby goes to whichever high-ranking family would rather adopt than use a Handmaid. Even if she doesn't get pregnant, Nick's desertion would leave her very vulnerable.

Nick has effectively been made responsible for the future of a fifteen year old girl.

Will we also see him have to choose between two of his children?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
I'd say that, before her next escape attempt, June is going to want to get Hannah. Leaving her behind in Gilead is not an option, not if she wants to protect her from Serena's wrath. The older Hannah gets, the less protection she will have as one of the precious children.
Yeah, that's definitely true too.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:37 AM
Moderator Manager

That ep was even more depressing than last week. Why do I keep torturing myself watching this show?

Child brides? Seriously? How awful was that? And now Nick has to have a baby with his new wife. Serena has a hand in this, she always does (she and the Commander). I hope they don't have sex. UGH please.

I was actually thinking last week what happens if June had a miscarriage. And I just feel awful because the minute she loses her child, Serena is gonna hurt her again. The baby seems fine right? I just feel so sad and depressed when Nick saw June and was crying for help. That shot was SOOOOOOOO wonderfully done.

I can sense some power play going on between Serena & Aunt Lydia. They don't like each other, they just tolerate one another.

The colonies scenes was also sad. That wedding was lovely but also you can feel that it won't end well. That poor woman that died because she refused the medicine Emily was offering and told her to use it for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
Nick has effectively been made responsible for the future of a fifteen year old girl.
I cringe at this and I just feel SO awful for Nick and for the whole situation.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey guys,

a quick question. What was June supposed to do with the letters she got last season? I totally forgot about it.

This season been so good. Very depressing and dark too. That episode with the plane, that last scene with June was so sad. I got chills. The music of this show is amazing.
I can't believe we are already halfway through the season

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr
Old 05-18-2018, 03:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soop 4-evah (View Post)
a quick question. What was June supposed to do with the letters she got last season? I totally forgot about it.
I'm not certain, but I think that the letters were supposed to be smuggled out of Gilead, as evidence of what was going on.

The Commanders try to present a sanitised version of Gilead to the world. They even scrubbed the Wall in honour of the Mexican ambassador's visit. The public claim is that Handmaids have freely chosen their role, as a service to the nation and God. Gilead seems to have been under sanction by the U.N. last season but some countries have had dealings with it to trade.

Perhaps the hope was that the letters will be the push needed to get other countries to take action against Gilead.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was an pretty depressing episode

That end shot of Nick and June was pretty well shot too.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soop 4-evah (View Post)
Hey guys,

This season been so good. Very depressing and dark too. That episode with the plane, that last scene with June was so sad. I got chills. The music of this show is amazing.
I can't believe we are already halfway through the season
I got the impression that Rita was supposed to help June smuggle the letters out of Gilead and into Canada. Now they're all gone and the families they left behind won't ever know if these women are alive.

And yes, I agree. This season has been wonderful so far. It's up to part with S1 but darker and even more depressing. I always have to be in a certain mood to watch this show.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
And yes, I agree. This season has been wonderful so far. It's up to part with S1 but darker and even more depressing. I always have to be in a certain mood to watch this show.
I'm just glad I don't have to binge this time, since I'm not whether I could watch than an couple of episodes at a time.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Supreme Fan

@Regan and @L i N d $ @ y

Thanks for answering. I would love to see more of Mayday. I hope we get to see this season.

My tumblr
Old 05-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Supreme Fan

eta. Not again, a double post.

So I suggested this show to my sister, who usually doesn't watch tv shows that often, ended up loving this show. She marathoned the first season and is now all catch up till the recent episode. I now have someone to talk in real-life who loves the same show as I do and that is very rare hahah.

My tumblr
Old 05-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm trying to get my siblings into the show at the moment
Old 05-20-2018, 01:23 AM
Moderator Manager

I would like to suggest this show to some of my friends and my sisters but I don't know if they like dystopia or can sit through depressing stuff. I did have a friend who watched S1 and while she enjoyed it, she told me she won't watch S2 anymore because she thinks that she won't be able to sit through even more depressing stuff and that there's only so much she can take which is all completely understandable of course.

Old 05-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sister doesnt like anything that makes her feel sad or "yucky" in her words. She would NOT like the show at all.

The episode felt a bit weird to me. It just wasnt as exciting to me as the others, it felt sort of filler in some ways. Like, the stuff at the colony is starting to feel a bit slow. Something interesting needs to happen over there. It feels very disconnected from the rest of the show. I appreciate seeing Emily but I dont think we need to see her every week.

Nick shouldn’t have said anything to Serena about Offred. That was a big mistake. I’m pretty sure Serena’t comment to the commander is what caused all that to happen. Does this mean he is leaving the house beause that is really sad! Serena is SO cold. She's literally taking away the only piece of happiness that June has. If she thinks destroying June is going to make her cooperative she's insane. Poor Nick being married off to a 15 year old. How heartbreaking. For both of them. But she really lucked out getting him as a husband because she could have someone way worse. The looks between Nick and June were so sad. I also felt so sad for Nick when he found June in the mud. Gah, my heart hurts for them.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I would like to suggest this show to some of my friends and my sisters but I don't know if they like dystopia or can sit through depressing stuff. I did have a friend who watched S1 and while she enjoyed it, she told me she won't watch S2 anymore because she thinks that she won't be able to sit through even more depressing stuff and that there's only so much she can take which is all completely understandable of course.
thats the thing about this show, theres a ray of hope at the end of the bleakness (usually at the end of the episode)

Episode 5 is case in point of how this show works
Old 05-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

This is the one show me and my sister sit down and watch together since it airs on tv here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It was an pretty depressing episode
Yeah this episode was rough.