Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
This is the one show me and my sister sit down and watch together since it airs on tv here.

Yeah this episode was rough.
the question is how long this show could last for, they renewed it, but a show with a dystopian setting tends to get tiresome pretty quickly.

Its not the same kind of show, but people headed to the exits for the walking dead when they just kept killing character after character
Old 05-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
The episode felt a bit weird to me. It just wasnt as exciting to me as the others, it felt sort of filler in some ways. Like, the stuff at the colony is starting to feel a bit slow. Something interesting needs to happen over there. It feels very disconnected from the rest of the show. I appreciate seeing Emily but I dont think we need to see her every week.
I agree. The colonies part felt a bit off. I actually had to edit my post about it because I completely forgot about the colonies. Everything else in that ep was dreadful to watch which means I enjoyed it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think its definitely in my bottom 3 episodes just because i dont want to see nick get married and not seeing june defend herself at all made it more depressing too
Old 05-21-2018, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like this season is really dark and depressing so much so that there are no positive moments at all!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Seeing Nick married off (forcibly) to a child bride is so horrible. UGH. I wanted to slap Serena when she said to June "You may leave the room. Married couples only."

Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
Yeah this episode was rough.
It really was
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

i always want to slap serena. i cant wait for her gruesome death.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure that will happen one day lol
Old 05-22-2018, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Children getting married makes me want to gag, even though I knew it was coming as this happened in the book too (at least a ceremony of guardians marrying young teen girls in a mass ceremony). I really really really hope Nick does not actually have to consummate that marriage, I would want to tear my skin off.

I love that despite all her cruel meddling, Serena is still miserable. She is so bored with a husband who ignores her, "friends" who just throw shade at eachother, and June and the child bride both reject her awkward conversations. I'm glad she's so unhappy in the mess she made for herself, it's comforting when so many characters suffer who don't deserve it at all.

The end of this episode makes me feel June is slowly on the rise again, being broken was her rock bottom and she's starting to crawl back out for the sake of her children. I hope so!

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 05-22-2018 at 01:57 AM
Old 05-22-2018, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I do kinda enjoy the fact that Serena hates her life and has no real friends though, lol
Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I do kinda enjoy the fact that Serena hates her life and has no real friends though, lol
Exactly boo hoo, she even seemed frustrated that June wasn't being snarky to her, because obedient June is no challenge and gives her nothing to think about. Serena digs her own grave and then sulks in it!
Old 05-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is so sad!

Old 05-23-2018, 12:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Children getting married makes me want to gag, even though I knew it was coming as this happened in the book too (at least a ceremony of guardians marrying young teen girls in a mass ceremony). I really really really hope Nick does not actually have to consummate that marriage, I would want to tear my skin off.
I feel like Serena wants them to have a baby. Are they forced to have a baby? Or will she force them to spite June? Also if they get pregnant, what happens to the baby? Are they allowed to take care of it?

Quote:
I love that despite all her cruel meddling, Serena is still miserable. She is so bored with a husband who ignores her, "friends" who just throw shade at eachother, and June and the child bride both reject her awkward conversations. I'm glad she's so unhappy in the mess she made for herself, it's comforting when so many characters suffer who don't deserve it at all.
She deserves it. I'm kind of torn whether or not I want June's baby to live. I mostly want it for June & Nick but then knowing it'll be Serena's, I also don't want the baby to live.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Exactly boo hoo, she even seemed frustrated that June wasn't being snarky to her, because obedient June is no challenge and gives her nothing to think about. Serena digs her own grave and then sulks in it!
She really does and it's great to watch
Old 05-23-2018, 02:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I feel like Serena wants them to have a baby. Are they forced to have a baby? Or will she force them to spite June? Also if they get pregnant, what happens to the baby? Are they allowed to take care of it?
Yes, as long as they don't fall foul of Gilead's rules. In fact, it could very well be good for Nick's career and, by extension, Eden's status, if they have a baby, or ideally more than one.

I'd say that Serena would be in favour of them having a baby because she would expect it to redirect Nick's attention and loyalty from June and the unborn "Baby Waterford", to his wife and the child(ren) that he will be able to openly claim as his and be a father to.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top