Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Very happy with some of the winners. Very surprised with some. While I like that Dame Maggie won, I was pulling for Lena. And I was rooting for either Kit/Peter and if they both lose then Jonathan Banks so I was surprised Ben won. Soooo happy for both Rami & Tatiana!

I don't watch The People vs. OJ Simpson but I was really happy for Sarah, Courtney & Sterling and their speeches were all A+.

I don't watch most of the comedy shows but Veep dominated and I keep hearing about how good JLD and the recent season was so that was a no-brainer.

With GoT being ineligible next year, hopefully The Americans will be nominated again and win.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with everything you said Lindsay!

I did create and TOP an Emmys Thread for 2016 so if no one had watched the show live they wouldn't be spoiled by coming here.

But when de-topped, it can be used for next year too with a new OP of course!

Great show and I loved Matt Damon's impromptu appearance, so hilarious!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know Lauren Graham helped announce the nominees but was she at the red carpet today?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:37 AM
Extreme Fan

I should really start watching Mr. Robot. Apparently it's good?
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^^ It's on my list!
Old 09-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

I so wanted Lena to win for GoT but I guess I would've missed her anyway if she wasn't at the ceremony. I gave up Downton in mid S5 but Maggie Smith is always awesome so I'm happy for her.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Such a great show last night -- seriously I am impressed. Rami and Tatiana winning is so amazing and make me feel better about these awards shows. It makes me feel like people are actually watching the submissions and voting for the most deserving people. It was SUCH a surprise when Tatiana won. Seriously unreal. Love it.

And OJ was one oft the best shows I've ever seen -- Sarah and Sterling deserved to win. Outstanding in every way. Sterling is such a breakout star, I love it.

And Game of Thrones of course is on another level and deserves all the praise it gets. I hope next year that The Americans and Keri Russell win. Tat and Keri were my top contenders for the night.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
I should really start watching Mr. Robot. Apparently it's good?
S1 is really good. I hear lots of comparisons with "The Fight Club" and that if you've seen the movie, you won't enjoy the show. I've seen the movie and I enjoy the show. I say go see for yourself. It's currently airing S2 now (not that good but shows usually get their sophomore slump).

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
And Game of Thrones of course is on another level and deserves all the praise it gets. I hope next year that The Americans and Keri Russell win. Tat and Keri were my top contenders for the night.
I see a lot of comments about the show being so overrated or overhyped. That's fine but not when they actually live up to all the hype which they've done in S6. There's not a show I've been super excited to watch every week than GoT.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I see a lot of comments about the show being so overrated or overhyped. That's fine but not when they actually live up to all the hype which they've done in S6. There's not a show I've been super excited to watch every week than GoT.
Yeah I've seen a lot of nasty internet comments about GOT, but I ignore them for the most part because the show is unbelievably well-done. I love every episode and look forward to it more than any other show. I actually thought Season 6 was their best season. People on the internet just want to hate what's popular and praised Oh well. And in real life, everybody loves and connects of GOT.

And I've honestly really, really liked S2 of Mr. Robot -- it's the weirdest, most artistic show out there. The amount of work and detail that goes into every episode is amazing. it's just exhausting and confusing at times. Rami is SO good though and deserved to win.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was watching a show last week and a repeat of Mr. Robot came on and it was like watching en episode of "Full House", it was so weird, so that really intrigued me to get into the show!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Moderator Manager

I do find it weird that some of these nasty internet comments come from people who don't watch GoT.

I'm going to start watching The People vs. OJ Simpson next month. I better see what all the fuss is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
And I've honestly really, really liked S2 of Mr. Robot -- it's the weirdest, most artistic show out there. The amount of work and detail that goes into every episode is amazing. it's just exhausting and confusing at times. Rami is SO good though and deserved to win.
I guess it's because I miss Tyrell. He's so weird and nasty that he intrigued me. I can't get into the Dark Army SL so much. But Rami is still excellent and I do like Elliott's SL on the show.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah people just love to hate what's popular But no doubt in my mind that there's nothing else like GOT on TV today or probably ever.

And yes, I think you'll really like The People vs. OJ Simpson -- it's excellent. Like SO good. I can't stress that enough.

What I really like about S2 of Mr. Robot is Darlene and Angela's storylines. I love seeing them front and center in the story.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really want to watch Mr. Robot too as well as The People vs OJ Simpson.

The Emmys are a great way to find out about shows you should watch in addition to awarding the ones you already watch.

That is unfortunate, Lindsay, about people who hate on GoT but have never seen it. I don't watch it personally but don't have anything negative to say about it. I've just never sat down and watched it.

Big lights will inspire you
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it's my guideline for which shows to watch -- I try to make sure I watch all the Drama nominees for sure. Though they forget a lot of great shows too.

I hope next year they'll recognize Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin. It took 3 seasons for Tatiana Maslany to finally be nominated.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We should do a watch thread for these, maybe we can try to watch at once to talk about it etc.

That is for OJ series and Mr. Robot!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top